Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:32 AM
So what does every old-time trekkie need when he's finished his home theatre room? That's right, a monstrous lighted replica of his favourite version of the iconic starship protecting said home theatre room.

This is it, I'm done collecting movie replicas because I just received my holy grail. I've promised the wife this'll be the last of it, but she's worth it. (The wife AND the Enterprise, that is.)

It was built for me by a prop company in Florida and is almost 3 feet in length. It has all the working lights of the ST:TMP version, including finished botanical gardens and VIP lounge. The thing even has a remote control to active them.

I had just to share pictures of it with you guys.

Posted By: Mojo Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:47 AM
That's really cool. My son is asking if you will adopt him ?
Posted By: HAY Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:50 AM
I can't say that I'm into collecting that stuff, but that is pretty freaking cool. You must be pretty happy, they did a great job.
Posted By: CV Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:54 AM
Yeah, that looks really great. I should watch some old Star Trek again. It's been forever.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:01 PM
That is really awesome. I am sure that it cost a couple pretty pennies, but very nice adition. I was collecting movie props and such years ago, but sold pretty much everything when we moved to our current house as there was no place to display them. Version 2 of my home theater was more of a general purpose room (pictures have been in my sig. for a while), and now that I am in version 3, there just isn't room for anything. I don't even have posters on the walls because I don't want light from the screen reflecting off of the poster box's glass...

Maybe in version 4 , but that would require us to move ...
Posted By: CV Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:18 PM
A lot of us have movie props from The Naked Mile, if I remember correctly.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 02:40 PM
Awesome!
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 05:47 PM
Love the entire collection, more of a Star Wars buff than Trekkie, but the Enterprise is still THE most iconic starship there is. I have always wondered if they will try to emulate it in the future just to see if it works.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My Starship Has Come In... - 06/30/07 06:10 PM
To Boldly Go Where No Putter Has Gone Before.....

USS Enterprise Putter
© Axiom Message Boards