Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HAY Axiom Open Air Sub Testing Scaring the Bears?? - 07/12/07 03:27 AM
Ontario Bears Article
Maybe they could set up a series of EP600's all throughout Canada and scare them off.
. . . or we could offer EP400s with backpack attachments. You could wear them any time you were out hiking or visiting the gift shop at a resort or any other high-risk activity. When the bear comes near, just emit a threatening subsonic rumble (using your EP400, of course, pmbuko!) I smell a winner!
Quote:

. . . or we could offer EP400s with backpack attachments. You could wear them any time you were out hiking or visiting the gift shop at a resort or any other high-risk activity. When the bear comes near, just emit a threatening subsonic rumble (using your EP400, of course, pmbuko!) I smell a winner!

Sweet! I'd love to see a mock-up of one, and a video on YouTube showing it "in action."
Quote:

using your EP400, of course, pmbuko!

My reputation precedes me. I'm now being pre-empted.
Quote:

just emit a threatening subsonic rumble (using your EP400, of course, pmbuko!) I smell a winner!

Please-Oh-Please let it be "a winner" and not the result of a brown note!
Hopefully however, there would be adequate prior testing to assure that the subsonic rumble would stop the bear, otherwise the decrease in mobility for the EP400-wearer might be significant. Keep in mind that you don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than the guy running next to you.
(Responding to myself):

Does a bear brown-note in the woods? He does with an Axiom sub nearby!

(Feel free to use for your company tagline).
I can't tell, JohnK - who were you volunteering for the testing? And who were you volunteering to be the guy running next to the tester???

PS - is it just me, or has it been years since the infamous brown note discussion?
Since I wasn't a part of that discussion, feel free to revive it.
what's the 'brown-note'? I dont want to google it at work.
ahhh yes, I remember now!!
It was that myth of low frequencies and losing bowel control. The infamous brwn note. I think the Myth-Busters bust that myth 
The Brown Note, aka The Disco Dump!

I had a LOL moment today reading that on an Australian web page ...
I understand they're being scared east from Manitoba by this guy:

Bren R.
Must be the jacket dorkily knotted around his waist.
Looks like the bears won - they ate all of his left arm and did a clean above-the-elbow amputation on the right.
Is that the annoyingly high-pitched-voice guy from the documentary Grizzly Man?
...Interesting documentary, I learned more about human mental disorders than Grizzly bears. Thought, my respect to the guy...
I haven't seen a pile-on like this in years! You did plant the seen, Bren.
Quote:

Must be the jacket dorkily knotted around his waist.

By dorkily you must mean "I'm out here to hike, not be fashion-conscious"... never really considered that I'd be judged by the Peter Eye for the Hiking Guy panel.

And no, Jaime... that's me... and a pictoral idea of where I've been for the last week... the tie-in being that I was in bear country.

Bren R.
How hard was it drowning a bear in that water?
I think the bear was scared off by the giant ego...
Quote:

I think the bear was scared off by the giant ego...

I believe Mac Davis said it best.

Bren R.
I suppose you have SOME humility if you're saying someone else said it best.
Quote:

I suppose you have SOME humility if you're saying someone else said it best.

I don't have to do anything at all really, and this cult of personality seems to precede me. I'm guessing this is how legends are made of ordinary men.

Bren R.
Bren, you're every person I need to be!
Ask not...
© Axiom Message Boards