Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Axiom grills are washable (kid story inside) - 07/16/07 03:20 AM
So I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher this afternoon when I heard my wife say, "Steven! What did I tell you about using chalk on places other than the chalkboard? Go show daddy what you did, please." Of course, I didn't wait for him to come and get me. My quick pace and the look on my face must have given away my planned reaction because as I entered the living room my wife whispered, "Stay calm, please."

There on my right M22's black grill cloth, in glorious bright orange chalk, was my son's latest artistic creation. Waiting for the slew of gut responses to pass, I indicated my disappointment, confiscated all his chalk, and sent him away. Previously, all my grills needed for cleaning was a quick going over with a vacuum hose. That obviously wouldn't cut it.

Since the grills are framed with plastic and the cloth is gluelessly embedded in that frame, I figured they wouldn't mind being submerged in a sink. A little soapy water, some hand rubbing, and a quick rinse removed all evidence of the chalk. I set it out to dry in the sun for about 30 minutes and then popped it back on. It now looks noticeably cleaner than the left speaker grill.

Consider this a vote to keep Axiom grills as they are.
Peter, I'm sending you a load of laundry. Do your best! Please return by Friday.

P.S. Pay particular attention to the collars on my work shirts.

Thanks!
Peter, we understand your action in sending Stevie away, but since it did wash out, possibly you might consider letting him back into the house.
Now there's an Axiom owner with nose prints on the outside of his glass.....

So I shouldn't try my pressure washer on the grills?
Quote:

Peter, we understand your action in sending Stevie away, but since it did wash out, possibly you might consider letting him back into the house.

Yes, sounds like he needs to do the same to the left one, so that the right won't be 'noticeably cleaner'?
I think the lesson here is:

No chalk or other writing implements allowed.

The amount of grills I have... I'd better remember this.
You'd need to use the bathtub or a hose for the M80 grills. And then your cones would be without cover!

The reason I sent him away -- upstairs, actually -- was that so he wouldn't discover the grills are removable.
Good thinking. I think Stevie could come up with some very creative uses for those grills.
Or the drivers behind them!
© Axiom Message Boards