Axiom Home Page
Posted By: chesseroo Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/06/07 08:09 PM
Many have wondered long and hard about who the first few Axiom members were. Ian himself was only signed up as member #4.
Now, the info has been released to the public.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/06/07 09:01 PM
Intersting. If you view the board member by post count, starting with the most posts, There seems to be a trend in avatars. Mainly consisting of People, Furry animals, and stereo gear...
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 01:37 PM
What's also surprising is just how many folks have joined the forum and have never even posted once, and just how few there are who actually have avatars. The "regulars" of course do, but that's such a small percentage of the whole.

I haven't been too active here for a while, but what I've noticed is how the posting traffic has dwindled drastically in the last couple of years. These days you can go for days without seeing a new post in the "stereo" or the "advice" forum, or; whatever forum. Used to be that each forum had new updates all the time!

What happened? Has Axiom gotten too upscale or just too mature and lost a lot of the exuberant entry-level folks with all the enthusiasm and excitement that getting into a new hobby can provide?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 01:49 PM
For fun, I divided my total number of posts by the total number of days I've been a member and found that my posting average works out to be 5.37 posts/day.

I'm a bit self-conscious now that the top-posters block is so prominently displayed. \:o
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 02:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko

I'm a bit self-conscious now that the top-posters block is so prominently displayed. \:o

Well; you're still well in the lead at the moment, so just a quick glance over your shoulder every now and then should keep you firmly in out front! ;\)

....the rest of us will of course be watching and taking notes! \:D

Hey! If I had the 5500 posts I have on the "other" forum over here at Axiom, I'd be on the top posters list too!
Posted By: TRBL Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 02:01 PM

Hasn't that been your only motivation the last couple years?

AXIOM TOP POSTER
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 02:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: TRBL

Hasn't that been your only motivation the last couple years?

AXIOM TOP POSTER

Peter, I believe TRBL just called your bluff.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 02:59 PM
I believe TRBL is a regular who -- in a move of sheer cowardice -- reg'ed under a different name so he could make an anonymous comment.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 03:08 PM

Cue dramatic music.
Posted By: RickF Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 04:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

Cue dramatic music.

Yea 'cause I suspect Mojo is going to surpass Peter's post count sometime this next year.

The drama continues!

BTW .... anybody else notice the count for forum members is 6666?

Posted By: Mojo Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/07/07 04:31 PM
I didn't realize that being a top poster meant something...does it? This is the first (and only) board I've ever participated on so I guess I have a lot to learn.

Now that I know, maybe I should write a script to become the top poster within the next 24 hours :D.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 01:49 AM
It only means something if you have a 'deficiency' that you're trying to compensate for. ;\) I did not actively try to attain this status. If somebody were to surpass my post count, I would not protest. In fact, I'd welcome it. Sometimes it's lonely at the top.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 02:19 AM
Sure, easy to say that now when the next poster is 1500 away. ;\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 04:50 AM
It ain't the quantity, it's the quality. ;\)
Posted By: TRBL Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 01:14 PM
DING DING DING.

Ajax scores a knockout.
Posted By: CV Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 06:56 PM
It's nice to know that even at his age he can score with a knockout?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/08/07 08:46 PM
It's nice to know that, at my age, I can score at all, nevermind the "knockout" part.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/09/07 02:04 AM
I can see you sitting around the outside, waiting for the ball, and when you finally get it you go for the 3-pointer.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/09/07 11:07 PM
I can see you sitting around the outside, waiting for the ball, and when you finally get it you go for the 3-pointer.

Is that what you old guys call it these days?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Long lost wondrous information!! - 10/10/07 01:03 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
It's nice to know that even at his age he can score with a knockout?

Major LOL! That was awesome. Take a bow, See-Five! ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards