Axiom Home Page
Posted By: NOLAGT Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:30 PM
Since I was building a house and the tub area was layed out perfectly I decided to run wires for a tub tv! I use drtv and was also uping to HD so it was time for the first lcd tv as well. I have the reciever in the closet that falls behind the tv.

Looking into the top of the closet that the tv reciever is in. You cant see it unless you look up and into the closet. I still need to finish the wires. I need a longer HDMI cable so I can finish....but who see's that anyway lol.

I used what I think is called a power bridge to run power to the TV through the wall. You can kinda see the top of it on the back right of this shot. It prety much is a plug behind the tv that uses romex (in the wall so its up to code) to go to the next plug thats behind the reciever. Then the kit comes with a extention cord that goes into the plug thats behind the reciever to a normial house plug or a surge protector power strip.

I had the builder drop power and phone in the top of this closet. I also droped 3 runs of rg6 qs in there for the tv feed. I still need a wall plate for the coax and HDMI once I get a longer one...then I can finish the wires.

The is behind the tv looking from the top. I have the HDMI just going through a hole in the wall untill I get my plates.

On to the money shots...a little sports center while I get ready in the morning

The tub is 6' so you sit roughly 7-8' away from the tv....the tv is a samsung 32". The closet with the reciever is directly behind the TV...the wires run in a empty channel between studs and to the top of the closet behind it.

Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:32 PM
Is there a better way to post bigger pics so it doesnt make yall scroll left and right to see.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:40 PM
All you need now are a couple of W22! I would NOT put a A1400 this close to water, though!

Looks really nice!
Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:50 PM
I was a liitle worried about the tv over water...but I think that wall mount is not going anywhere...and the cord is tied up short so it should unplug if it falls....and if all else fails I have to ride it out untill the GFI kicks in lol. Livin on the edge...

Some axioms in there would be fun....shakers on the tub...but thats not going to hapen lol. With the jets on its pretty loud...we just turn the tv up and it works fine.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:55 PM
you really should have a safety outlet there that will trip if it gets a surge...I think its code as well. Y'know the kind that has a reset button on it if you blow it.
Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 02:58 PM
Thats the GFI I was talking about. Ground Fault Interupter or somthing like that. Its tied into a few that have that.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:06 PM
That's classic. You'll need a lot of skin cream so that they don't call you prune :-).
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:06 PM
Now that you have no logical reason to get out of the tub, you're going to end up looking like a raisin.

You did a very nice job! \:\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:09 PM
OK! Make that a prune.

Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:20 PM
HAHAHAHA...so true. The wife and I will watch a couple of our 30 min shows before we get out all wrinkled....and relaxed!
Posted By: Nachosgrande Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:45 PM
 Originally Posted By: NOLAGT
HAHAHAHA...so true. The wife and I will watch a couple of our 30 min shows before we get out all wrinkled....and relaxed!

Who has their back to the screen? Perhaps a mirror on the other side opposite the tv can fix that!
Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 03:53 PM
No one...we snuggle LOL. Really tho the tub is pretty wide...definetly one spot is better than the other...it just depends how nicely the wife ask's !!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 09:16 PM
Let me get this straight. You're together, naked, in the jacuzzi, and you're watching TV?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 09:36 PM
Remember, Peter. They're both wrinkled. That isn't too appealing.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 10:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Let me get this straight. You're together, naked, in the jacuzzi, and you're watching TV?

Well, you have think logically about this, they wouldn't want to splash too much and get the new LCD all wet!
Posted By: RickF Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/11/07 10:47 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko

Makes one wonder *what* their watching. ;\)

Oh and BTW, awesome setup!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 12:05 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
OK! Make that a prune.

Hi Ray!
Posted By: Amie Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 12:26 AM
That's an amazing setup! Looks awesome!

The pictures aren't scrolling on my screen - either you resized them or you're still wondering . . . I try to size everything to 600 px wide so that nobody has to scroll, but our stats show very few people are using monitors that small.
Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 01:25 AM
I do have an adult channel or two to "watch" just didnt want to give yall TMI LOL!! I didnt resize them...I think I had them at 800.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 04:16 AM
I dont have to scroll either. Maybe you just need to use a higher resolution on your monitor. \:\) I run 1280x1024 Although that may be too small for someone with bad eyesight.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 02:30 PM
1920x1200 on a 15" widescreen. Lemme tell you, that's pushing too small.

OTOH, my boss runs 1024x768 on a 24" widescreen. When he's not running 640x480. Sigh.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 02:31 PM
It's enough to give you a nervous tick. nervous tick. tick.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 02:37 PM
Depending on the browser you are using, you may need to play "auto size" options for graphics.
Posted By: NOLAGT Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/12/07 03:12 PM
I run 1024x768 on my 19"....and I use fire fox.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Pics of the Jacuzzi tub TV - 10/13/07 08:06 AM
I'm with Captain Morgan there... er... no lag t... 1024x768... as is, I think I'm baking my aqueous fluid from sitting in front of these things... adding eyestrain ain't helping.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards