Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash Wii games - 10/24/07 05:41 PM
Tried searching for some of the old Wii threads but none popped up(user error?)

Any way just wondering what everyone is playing these days....

We picked up Carnival games - highly recommended, no skill level to hard.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Wii games - 10/24/07 05:55 PM
Cooking Mama is a hoot. It is hilarious to watch people play it.

I am really enjoying Tiger Woods now that I have a better display \:\)
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Wii games - 10/25/07 06:29 PM
Is that Tiger Woods '07 or '08? I'm planning on getting it.
I'm also waiting for guitar hero to come out for Wii.

I got brain academy but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be (compared to the gameboy version).

I'm also waiting for Super Mario Galaxy.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Wii games - 10/25/07 06:39 PM
I have the 2007 version. The gameplay is good, but I could do without the cumbersome menus and setup. It's probably just me. I just don't get that big a thrill from buying new golf pants for my player. And I'm bitter that there is no provision for eyewear.

I'm with you on Guitar Hero. My kids are also looking forward to DDR. We have neither a PSn or Xbox, and that's the way I want to keep it for a while.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Wii games - 10/25/07 07:32 PM
Mario Strikers Charged! Love it. Gotta run now, but can post more later.

Rich
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Wii games - 10/25/07 08:18 PM
I started Metroid but got stuck since I'm not an FPS guy. I have Guitar Hero on pre-order at Amazon.
Posted By: CV Re: Wii games - 10/26/07 03:42 AM
For some reason I didn't get into the first Metroid Prime, but I did get into the second one. I'm kind of wanting to play the new one, but not enough to buy it yet.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Wii games - 10/26/07 02:13 PM
Same here.
Does anybody have Mario Party 8 and/or Wario Moves? My wife would like to get them but I don't know if they're really worth it.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Wii games - 10/26/07 06:19 PM
I have both but haven't play Mario Party much. I REALLY like Warioware. It's fun and quick.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Wii games - 10/27/07 07:51 PM
We have played games at my son's home and would like to buy a Wii.

Too bad that you can't find one anywhere except for $100 over list.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Wii games - 10/27/07 08:23 PM
Got a Wii (and Tiger Woods Golf) as a retirement gift and its still in the box. Dragging my feet on getting a wireless router.

Looks like I will get the linksys WRT54GL. The "L" can use some 3rd party hardware that provides serious tweakability and can change attenae for range increase.

It has 4 ports, so I believe I can plug in my PC & MAC (they and the router will be in the home office) and use the wireless for the Wii two floors away. (Am I correct with this assumption?)
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Wii games - 10/27/07 08:24 PM
BTW - for those looking to buy a Wii, they can be had easily at Toys R Us. For some reason, nobody seems to shop for them there.
Posted By: samandnoah Re: Wii games - 10/27/07 09:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: oldskoolboarder
I have both but haven't play Mario Party much. I REALLY like Warioware. It's fun and quick.

My wife and teen sons really like Mario Party. I think it's OK. But because everyone else loves it, it's a great opportunity for the family to play together. And that's a good thing. Our skill levels vary on other games which means some people don't really want to play them. (Everyone's afraid of me when it comes to tennis. \:\) ) Mario Party is really just a board game on the TV with some mini games after each round.

I mentioned Mario Strikers Charged earlier. It's one of those games that I get really worked up over. My wife says it doesn't look like I'm having fun even though I am. The controls can take some getting used to, but I've enjoyed learning new levels of complexity & strategy rather than getting frustrated. Ostensibly it's a soccer game, but it has some elements of Smash Brothers that makes it rather entertaining in my book.

Rich
PS why wouldn't my smiley work? [never mind, it did, just not in preview mode!]
Posted By: jakewash Re: Wii games - 10/28/07 02:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ray3

Looks like I will get the linksys WRT54GL. The "L" can use some 3rd party hardware that provides serious tweakability and can change attenae for range increase.

It has 4 ports, so I believe I can plug in my PC & MAC (they and the router will be in the home office) and use the wireless for the Wii two floors away. (Am I correct with this assumption?)

The 'L' stands for Linux and it does have some nifty tweaks, The antennas are replaceable. I added the high gain antennas to my G router and the PC cards, but I still had dead spots in my house, so I went for the new 'N' router with MIMO, it still works with B and G equipment but the MIMO technology works way better, no more dead spots and the signal strength is always strong. Not sure about being able to route the Mac through the same router as the PC.
© Axiom Message Boards