Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EFalardeau I love my speakers - 11/16/07 02:10 AM
I may not have come across like that, but, I am not ashamed to say it: I LOVE MY SPEAKERS!

Seriously, we should petition Axiom to add a big red button entitled "I LOVE MY SPEAKERS" (yes, this is getting like a common theme for me...) that we could hit whenever we feel like creating a new thread just to say that I LOVE MY SPEAKERS!

The button should be shaped like a button and red like the color red so that, whenever you just listened to something that are making you feel like shouting I LOVE MY SPEAKERS, you could just go and hit the red button (red and shaped like a button) that says I LOVE MY SPEAKERS, loudly and proudly. Points could be awarded...

By the way, in case this is not clear, this is all because I love my speakers.

SO, who are in favor of having a mean to express "I LOVE MY SPEAKERS" without having to resort to creating an "I LOVE MY SPEAKERS" thread like I just did?
Posted By: jakewash Re: I love my speakers - 11/16/07 02:23 AM
When I get home at 2:30AM after work, go downstairs and turn the system on, just to have a quick dose of Axiom bliss before I head off to bed, I guess I must love my speakers too, or I am just obsessed with them, it's a fine line.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: I love my speakers - 11/16/07 03:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
When I get home at 2:30AM after work, go downstairs and turn the system on, just to have a quick dose of Axiom bliss before I head off to bed, I guess I must love my speakers too, or I am just obsessed with them, it's a fine line.

Nothing like a quickie to take the edge off at the end of the day eh?
Posted By: jakewash Re: I love my speakers - 11/16/07 03:25 AM
You got that right, in more ways than one!\:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: I love my speakers - 11/16/07 04:41 AM
So Jason, that means you're keeping them?

They're alright I guess \:D .
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 11/27/07 02:26 AM
BTW, I am still waiting for my big red button that means "I LOVE MY SPEAKERS". So beware, I might be tempted to express myself about my speakers soon! \:\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I love my speakers - 11/27/07 03:29 AM
Here 'ya go, buddy!

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I love my speakers - 11/27/07 03:29 AM
Oh.....
Were you talking about the kind of button you can wear?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: I love my speakers - 11/27/07 03:31 AM
I was thinking something along the lines of an "Easy button"

I will push the button ... I amjust running the audessey eq setup with my denon 3808 and I can already tell I love them... the denon is currently doing some distance calculations, ect. after running the test tones.

Initial impressions and pics will follow later
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 11/27/07 11:05 AM
Now that's more like it. All we need is to link it to some psychoevaluation software that will grade the precision, the strength and the sincerity of the click and make charts of it. If they can do it for the stock market, they sure can do it for speaker-appreciation data!

Thanks for the pic!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 02:19 PM
Mark, can I have one now that says "Audiobytes"? Could be smaller... Just don't push the button until Mojo has had his... (a tripple-H sentence! \:\) ). Thanks in advance! ;\)
Posted By: bridgman Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 05:44 PM
>>psychoevaluation software that will grade the ... sincerity of the click

That, in a nutshell, is what the entire online advertising world is waiting for with bated breath. Billions of dollars hang in the balance.
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 05:46 PM
Instead of spending so much on advertising, why don't more companies just make products people want without manipulation?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 05:49 PM
I guess you meant: "[...] more companies like Axiom [...]"! ;\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 05:55 PM
What makes you think you are not being manipulated? Advertising comes in many forms \:\) .
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 05:55 PM
Who paid you to say that?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:05 PM
Typos again. You probably meant "Advertising comes in many forums". Anyway, all speakers are the same!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:07 PM
Can't say; it would dilute my part.
Posted By: Mojo Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:07 PM
Except audiobytes and M80s \:\) .
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:11 PM
Are the Audiobytes really that good? Do I REALLY need to purchase them? Really, though, Audiobytes, M3s, or M22s? I'd be willing to try any of them as computer speakers.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:14 PM
Sorry. I promised Mojo I would not say how could they are until he gets his.

BTW, you cannot compare M3/M22 with the Audiobytes. The bookshelves can take a lot more power. So I guess you should buy a pair of each! \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:16 PM
Yes, the Audiobytes and M80s are quite different... if only from each other! \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:19 PM
A pair of each, huh? You're not helping. \:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:26 PM
The audiobytes really are THAT good...and I don't even have them yet \:\) .

If you have the space for M3s, you really should go for them. I have heard them and I really loved them.

Remember however that you cannot use them with the audiobyte amp (we really should give this amp a shorter name) because it has the audiobyte cross-over incorporated into it.
Posted By: bridgman Re: I love my speakers - 12/16/07 06:57 PM
>>Instead of spending so much on advertising, why don't more companies just make products people want without manipulation?

Advertising is easy. You can pay someone else to do it. Making good products requires a degree of persistence, foresight and hard work which seems to elude most people these days.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: I love my speakers - 12/17/07 06:48 AM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Are the Audiobytes really that good? Do I REALLY need to purchase them? Really, though, Audiobytes, M3s, or M22s? I'd be willing to try any of them as computer speakers.

If you have the room on your desk...use M22's as computer speakers, they rock :-).

My setup....

Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/17/07 07:13 AM
Nice. \:\) Also, what kind of headphones are you using? And what receiver do you have under your monitor?
Posted By: Ajax Re: I love my speakers - 12/17/07 02:40 PM
Dan, if that's your dorm room, they certainly have upgraded dormitory rooms since I attended college. Of course, that was in the middle ages. (I just thought I'd get it that in before anyone else did ).
Posted By: medic8r Re: I love my speakers - 12/17/07 02:44 PM
[caveman]Ajax make fire! Ajax rub sticks together![/caveman]
Posted By: blackstar79 Re: I love my speakers - 12/18/07 04:37 AM
quite the nice office setup...although that sub woofer could get pretty interesting during those extra bassy movies..maybe i'll go that route with my old receiver once i get my work bonus (gods willing)
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: I love my speakers - 12/18/07 05:26 AM
Nope....that's my room at home...and it's an old pic. Let me post my current (like...right now setup). New computer, headphones, and...a 1.5 year difference.

Open Headphones (on left) Sennheiser 595's, Closed headphones (on right) Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's, IEM's are Etynomic ER-6i's

For those of you who want history of my setups (My Dorm Room, at least):

Dorm Room #1
Dorm Room #2
Dorm Room #3

Jack, you can see they are pretty crappy compared to my room at home :-)

CV, the receiver is an RX-V557

One of these days I'll post a complete Axiom history thread when I finally get settled. To date, I have completely moved my sound system 6 times.
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 12/18/07 05:54 AM
It looks like a really fun setup. I'm working on my computer setup, but it will take a while.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 01:21 AM
It's been a while since I mentionned this, but I actually do love my speakers!

I worked tripple in the past 3 weeks and today was one of the first time I could both listen to some music WHILE being relax enough to genuinely enjoy it! From harpsichord solo to Xenakis percussion music and many, many other stuff... These Axiom products sound sooooo gooooood........

What an enjoyment!

Have a nice end of evening to all (I still have a few things to listen to).
Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 03:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
From harpsichord solo to Xenakis percussion music and many, many other stuff... These Axiom products sound sooooo gooooood........

Who's a total badass on a harpsichord? Yes, I'm really asking.
Posted By: JohnK Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 10:09 AM
Charles, you're asking about performers on the harpsichord, and although in pop music it's common to look for the name of the "artist" first, rather than the musical composition, in the classical realm it's more usual to do the reverse. There're many harpsichordists who've recorded, but it's probably better to consider a piece of music that's wanted and then pick a performer(maybe out of dozens)who you think does it especially well. Just to name a few, however, there're Igor Kipnis, Gustav Leonhardt, Trevor Pinnock, and Masaaki Suzuki.

Maybe the first question to be determined is if you really like to listen to the harpsichord, because not all appreciate its tonal qualities. For example, the noted British conductor Sir Thomas Beecham expressed the thought that the harpsichord sounded like "Two skeletons copulating on a corrugated tin roof"!

Rather than suggesting specific works, a good way to get an introduction to the sound is by way of a compilation disc such as this one . If Eric sees this he may have some suggestions.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 11:49 AM
My first answer to Charles would have to be that I was listening to Johann-Christian Bach (the "London" Bach) since as John mentionned, composer first. I actually had to go look on the "description" I put in iTunes to remember it was played by Virginia Black.

I don't have specific introductory selection, but one of the good "first taste" could be Bach's French Suites played by Gustav Leonhardt.
Posted By: RickF Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 11:56 AM
Why did I know JohnK would have an answer to that questions?

Posted By: CV Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 01:02 PM
Thanks, John and Eric. I'll have to see about those.

That's a great description by Sir Thomas Beecham. "Bones Boning" would be a fun title for a disc of harpsichord music.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: I love my speakers - 06/24/08 03:45 PM
I would avoid a collection of harpsichord by Bach with a title like Musical Offering. I don't remember the exact title, but it is quite possibly the worst rendition of Bach since I started learning to play piano at age 8 with a book of simplified Bach melodies. The harpsichordist in particular has no clue about rhythm or tempo and sort of randomly speeds up and slows down. I don't know how it got recorded.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 05/28/09 02:21 PM
Well... I haven't said that often enough lately, but it is still true!
I thought I would re-state this as my 2000th post!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I love my speakers - 05/28/09 07:50 PM
Congrats on the big two-oh-oh-oh....
Posted By: Murph Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 11:38 AM
Mark subbed his toe in his square room again.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 12:24 PM
I thought that if someone commented, it'd be much dirtier.... And, there is NO substitute for my big toe.

See how that worked? I pointed out your misspelling AND offered up another straight line! \:\)
Posted By: Murph Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 12:37 PM
OK, you win! For now.........
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 01:21 PM
Will you two get out of my thread!
Posted By: Murph Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 01:39 PM
This thread jacking is brought to you by the M&M team. "Derails in your mouth, not in your hand."

Mark wanted our 'borrowed' M&M slogan to use the word "jack" instead of "derail" but that just seemed wrong.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: I love my speakers - 05/29/09 05:47 PM
And that just seemed funny!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: I love my speakers - 11/12/10 11:19 PM
Well... it's been quite a while since I've hit this specific button. Motivated by the new owners' trill with their new system, just felt like renewing my big: I LOVE MY SPEAKERS!
© Axiom Message Boards