Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dkfan Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 05:51 AM
Hi All,
I am looking at buying a couple of CD's each of Apocalyptica and the Blue Man Group. I would appreciate if anyone could help me pick 2 each of their best works. The only tracks I have had the opportunity of listening to are low-fi MP3s of both the bands.

Thanks for all your help!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 05:45 PM
OMG! Not that elephant again!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 05:49 PM

Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 06:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
OMG! Not that elephant again!

I saw 2 posts on this thread and came running that it could be someone helping me out but gee thanks!

But then, you have Mark to thank!
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 06:51 PM
Mebbe I should go with the top 2 selling CD's of each from Amazon?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 06:53 PM
If Apocalyptica is who I think it is, their schtick gets kind of old after a few tracks.
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
If Apocalyptica is who I think it is, their schtick gets kind of old after a few tracks.

You know, you're probably right, but then I haven't heard them much but just a few tracks of their Metallica covers and I found that pretty good. So I'm hoping to buy the CD that contains all their Metallica covers and one more of their original work just to get a feel of how their musical alchemy is....
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:20 PM
I've got a few Blue Man discs. CD and DVD. I like the 5.1 mix on the DVD, but I don't recall which ones they are.

For the CD I have the one called "Audio" and for the DVD I have the Complex Tour Live. It has a 2nd side to the disc with DTS audio versions.

I think that they have a new CD out as well as some DVD Audio discs, but I could be mistaken.

Blue Man, to me, is much better both seen and heard than just heard.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:24 PM
Check out the BMG's "Audio" DVD.... it's two sided DVD-A and DVD video....it'll give the sub and surrounds a good workout!
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:24 PM
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I've got a few Blue Man discs. CD and DVD. I like the 5.1 mix on the DVD, but I don't recall which ones they are. I'll be back in a second once I look them up on Amazon...

Thanks Nick, appreciate it \:\)
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Check out the BMG's "Audio" DVD.... it's two sided DVD-A and DVD video....it'll give the sub and surrounds a good workout!

Checking that right now...

EDIT:

I guess this is what you're referring to. I guess I'll pick that one up along with this and this ...
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/16/07 07:30 PM
Thanks Nick and Mark! \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/17/07 06:03 PM
If you squint really hard, you may be able to see Nick and Mark in the Factory Outlet.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/17/07 07:22 PM
\:D
Posted By: blackstar79 Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/18/07 04:09 AM
I've got "The Complex" dvd audio for Blue man. it's not bad. especially like Sing along on it with Dave Matthews.
Posted By: dkfan Re: Apocalyptica and Blue Man Group - 11/19/07 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone! \:\) I have ordered the The Complex DVD-A as well as the DVD and also the Audio album that Mark suggested. Thanks again guys!
© Axiom Message Boards