Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 01:59 AM
In the previous verions we had various templates/color options for our forum display. We also had larger text versions for people like Jack. \:\)

It does not appear that we have larger font options anymore, nor do the IE text options change the new Axiom forums. I hope this changes. I like to cruise the axiom forums on my 130" screen from 13ft back while reclining in my cozy lazy boys and enjoying internet music from pandora.

It just makes it difficult to see the pages if we can't adjust our preferences anymore. And I have lasik 20/20 vision. Sorry Jack. \:\)
Posted By: Wegiz Re: New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 03:03 AM
Hmm, the text size feature is working for me in Firefox. You could try that browser.

Here's a link to download Firefox.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 03:53 AM
 Quote:
I like to cruise the axiom forums on my 130" screen from 13ft back while reclining in my cozy lazy boys and enjoying internet music from pandora.

How's that carbon footprint reduction coming? \:D
Posted By: grunt Re: New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 04:33 AM
Randy,

If you want to change the site defined font size in IE just do the following:

Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility (bottom right button) > check the “ignore font sizes specified on web pages > click “OK” all the way out.

Now you can use the Page > Text Size menu to set all the text on the page.

One big problem with this method is it’s global all pages will display this way. May not be an issue for you but many pages have set margins and the text will auto wrap to the next line ungracefully. If not set to auto wrap it will overrun the margin and not display at all.

On the same page where you tell IE to ignore font sizes you can also tell it to use a user defined style sheet but unless you can find one you like on the internet coding it yourself is more than I can explain here.

You could do as many prefer and ditch Microshafts IE or Winblows altogether.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 03:52 PM
Thanks Grunt, I'll try that. The IE text size works for other forums, just not Axioms. It would just be nice if this version of UBB Threads offered the same functionality for viewing as the previous versions, like Blue normal, Blue large, etc.

I heard Jack has to use a magnifying glass now. \:\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: New Forums text size options? - 11/29/07 04:33 PM
Nonesense! I just have a 22" widescreen monitor with the font size set to "King Kong."
© Axiom Message Boards