Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid Axiom Community - 12/12/07 11:27 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with the Axiom Community? I can't even log on, any place I click just leads me back to the forum.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/12/07 11:30 PM
Seems like there's only been a couple of us being able to log on and navigate in there today so far ... maybe a secret society. \:D
Posted By: doormat Re: Axiom Community - 12/12/07 11:44 PM
I've had no problems today, although yesterday I had your problem.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 02:14 AM
I can't log on, either. It just kicks me back in here. Maybe it's because I complained aloud about the brown.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 02:31 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble! Jim checked your login pmbuko early to make sure you hadn't registered with another password by accident, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Next step in our investigation - Wid too please - could you tell us your OS and Browser?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 02:35 AM
I get kicked back to the forum, too. I use Mac OS X and run Safari. I was able to access it while at work. That was on a Windows based system. Since I was at work I wasn't able to spend any time in the Community. \:\(
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:09 AM
Where's all the photos of Mojo's Dojo on the Axiom Community???
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:24 AM
Mac OS X, Firefox. I also tried Safari without luck.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:26 AM
Mine took a while to get up in the gallery Mo, looks like the photos have to be approved by the Axiom staff prior to being launched onto the site.

The Axiom Community is really going to be a neat deal whenever all of the bugs are tweaked out of the system and more folks join in.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:30 AM
The half watt club is ready to rock 'n roll \:D .
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:30 AM
What? You mean I have to upload them myself?
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:36 AM
That would be a big yes big fella ... somewhere up top is an 'upload pictures' tab, you'll have to go there and then upload and wait for the pics to be approve, you can then go back and edit if you want.

Ain't nothing in life a free ride Tex.
\:\)
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:01 AM

I run XP Professinal and Yahoo.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:39 AM
Wid, Yahoo is not a browser. \:\) I assume your using Internet Explorer since your on XP. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:40 AM
By the way it all works fine for me, of course I setup my password to match my forum sign on back when it was in beta testing...
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:41 AM
Using XP Home & IE7.. bounces me back to the old forums.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:43 AM
Whenever y'all log onto the community site and it bounces you back here go right back to the community site without re-logging back on, it *should* let you back in there ... that's what has been happening for me.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:50 AM
Me too.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:56 AM
XP Prof SP2 with IE7 and I'm good to go. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:56 AM
Just trying to figure out how to list my equipment. It appears a person can search for people by equipment, location, etc. However, so far I don't see how to add my speakers and other equipment.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:57 AM
I think that is in your personal profile page
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:01 AM
Already checked that and all the settings tabs, don't see how to add equipment. For example, for speakers it just says "default" and you can't add anything. The browse feature looks like it will allow you to search for people in your area, or with certain speakers, but not sure how it will work at this time.

It is my guess that the site is still under development.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:04 AM
I just checked myself and it does appear to be under devlopment.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:09 AM
Same goes for me as well Randy, all I'm getting is a 'default'.

There's some adjusting to do yet but once everything is up and running on par it's certainly going to be a cool thing.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:10 AM
Anyone else find it annoying that you have to go back to the home page to gain acces to the forums from with in the community?

Never mind I think it was only on one page.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:27 AM
XP and Vista with Firefox 2. It works for me, but the chat is somewhat unreliable. Haven't tried it on one of the Macs yet.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:29 AM
Ken you seem to keep popping in and out of chat, it seems to be working just fine for Jason and myself.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:40 AM
Weird. That was on XP SP2. I'm not still on chat, am I? If so, I'm not really there--that's on my work desktop.
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 05:47 AM
No not right now, but your were just up until a few minutes ago.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 06:02 AM
Yeah, I forgot to close that window when I left. Just locked the computer, and poof....there I am.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 03:57 PM
 Originally Posted By: BrotherBob
Whenever y'all log onto the community site and it bounces you back here go right back to the community site without re-logging back on, it *should* let you back in there ... that's what has been happening for me.

I can't even get past the sign up part. I upgraded Explorer to IE7 and I still get the same thing.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:10 PM
I wonder if you have to sign up? I signed up a month ago and synched up my password to match the forums.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:12 PM

It won't let me sign up, I get bounced back to the forum.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:19 PM
I didn't sign up, I just used my existing board name and password.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 04:34 PM
When I log-on, I get bounced back to the forum, but if I click again on "login now", then I am in.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 06:38 PM
I tried it too and it quicks me back to the forum as well!!

I tried on a windows machine with ie7 and a Linux machine with Firefox and both won't let me in. \:\(
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:07 PM
I click Login, and then log in, and then get bumped back to the forums, and THEN, I click Login again, and I am in. No second actual logging in required.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid

It won't let me sign up, I get bounced back to the forum.

Wid, can you try this - log out of the forums. Log back in, being sure to click 'remember me'. Then click on the community banner. Are you able to use the community without logging in a second time?
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:24 PM

I just tried what you said Amie but I get the same results. Yesterday I tried everything I could think of, including clearing cookies, but the same result every time.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:32 PM
I tried the same thing and it doesn't work either.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:34 PM
Okay, we'll try another angle. Hang tight!
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:42 PM
May have found the problem - Wid, are you using www? Meaning did you log into http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards or axiomaudio.com/boards with no www?
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 08:44 PM

I really don't know as I have it bookmarked and it does not say.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:03 PM
I'm sorry to ask again, Wid, but could you log out, clear your cookies, then log in again? Jim has fixed the 'www' issue and that might be all that was needed to give you instant access!

Many thanks!
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:15 PM

That has fixed it. Thanks a bunch Amie.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:22 PM
Awesome! St.PatGuy, pmbuko, spoiler, skyhawk669 - did it fix it for you too?
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:28 PM
Didn't seem to help here... logged out... closed IE (6.0)... reopened it, cleared cookies and cache... and came back... hit the community login now! box, logged in at the "community" side... it spit me out logged in to the forums... went back into the community side through the blue sidebar link on the left... and I wasn't logged in on that side.

Bren R.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:54 PM
I cleared the cache and cookies too after closing and reopening ie7 and I still get the same result as Bren.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 09:58 PM
Bren, just to confirm, did you log into the boards before you clicked on the 'Axiom Community' link? The Boards are set as the 'master' and you can't get into the community without it. Same question to skyhawk.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 10:46 PM
I'm still being rejected. I don't know if I can handle it!! \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:00 PM
Still having rejection problems after all these years;\)
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:11 PM
Yep I made sure I was logged back in on the forum before trying to login. It still sends me back to the board and when I click on the "login now!" link I'm taken back to the community login page... \:\(
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Bren, just to confirm, did you log into the boards before you clicked on the 'Axiom Community' link? The Boards are set as the 'master' and you can't get into the community without it. Same question to skyhawk.
I hadn't... but I just did (logged out, cleared cache and cookies, came to the boards, logged in to the boards, went to the community... it asked me to log in to the community, and I tried, and it spit me back out here... still logged in on the boards, but not in the community)

Bren R.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:33 PM
It doesn't like you, Bren. (me neither \:\( )
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:34 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to not have to worry about logging in to the Axiom Community as long as your logged in on the regular forums?

One log in, would be simple enough ... or so it seems to me.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:42 PM
The 'remember me' doesn't seem to be working. I just closed up IE and then came back on and the forum remembered me but I had to relog into the community.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/13/07 11:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ajax
It doesn't like you, Bren.
It'll have to take a number then... there's a lineup for that group.

Bren R.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 12:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: BrotherBob
Wouldn't it be easier to not have to worry about logging in to the Axiom Community as long as your logged in on the regular forums?

One log in, would be simple enough ... or so it seems to me.

That seems to be the source of the problem. We had a script written that would port the logins - so for users for whom it is working, once you are logged into the boards you should just have to click on the community button and you're logged in. But for some reason we're looping with a few users.

Ajax, Bren - are you perhaps using a firewall? I'm trying to find a common theme. It doesn't seem to be OS or Browser.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 01:23 AM
It doesn't seem to like me either. Tried from work today and now from home. No dice either way.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 01:26 AM
I'm having the same problem as Bren. \:\(

I now have a goatee and like ice hockey! \:o

Hey, if you guys don't really want us in your community just say so. . . \:\(

Okay, seriously, I tried what you said, Amie, and am still stuck.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 02:41 AM
 Originally Posted By: Amie
Ajax, Bren - are you perhaps using a firewall? I'm trying to find a common theme. It doesn't seem to be OS or Browser.
Windows firewall. I tried turning it off, but the results were the same.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 02:58 AM
Has anyone tried what I mentioned with any success?
I am already logged on to the main forums to start.

I click the "Login Now!" button on the Axiom Community graphic, get prompted to log in to the community, I enter my username and password, and then click "Login"....

I get dropped back to the regular forums, and then if I click the "Login Now!" button for the community, I get right it.

Extra step, but at least I can get in.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 03:01 AM
Tried it, Nick. No go.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 04:16 AM
I just get a runaround as well.
Dammit, right back where i started.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 04:32 AM
Sorry guys, I was rooting for ya!
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 04:37 AM
We need more folks in chat over there ... Jason, Ken, Wid and myself are playing hit and miss. The more the merrier!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 05:18 AM
Aime's just showing us who her true favorites are\:\)

Actually I was thinking a link to the live chat from the forums would be nice.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 04:55 PM
Still not working for me...
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 05:28 PM
I have basically the same problem already described - looping back to the forums. The Community never seems to recognize that I have logged in. I can poke around a bit in the Community site, but it doesn't know it's me. And it says "tomtuttle has 0 friends". Not that I'm bitter or anything.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 06:06 PM
Really? It says I have 1 more friend than is ever displayed, making me think I've befriended Casper or something.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 06:08 PM
Also, right now whenever I try to post something on the boards, my browser just stalls, says it's waiting, but I get impatient and just click on the View Forums link, and my post that I was waiting on to get posted has been posted.
Posted By: axiom Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 08:24 PM
Hello All;

Just to let you know we're still working on resolving this problem with the Community pages. I'll send you a note when we have a new fix in place so you can try it out.

James Savard
Axiom Audio
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 09:07 PM
No problem, James...

We're all pretty patient (well, least I am)... you'll get it eventually.

Bren R.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/14/07 09:39 PM
No problem! I had similar issues when setting up some CMS and a forum and it was a real pain in the butt to synchronize.
Posted By: axiom Re: Axiom Community - 12/18/07 07:37 PM
Hello All;

We've made a few changes to our Community site access settings. For those of you having trouble accessing earlier, could you try again and let us know what happens? It's much appreciated!

James Savard
Axiom Audio
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/18/07 09:06 PM
I still have the same issue... log out... clear cache and cookies, relog in on the Msg Boards, hit the Community link, and I'm a guest over there... if I DO try to log on in the Community, it spits me back out (still logged into the Msg Boards) to the Msg Boards.

Maybe an issue with our security settings (like 3rd party cookies, maybe?) for those of us who can't get in?

Bren R.
Posted By: cbk Re: Axiom Community - 12/18/07 09:16 PM
Cleared cache, cleared cookies, and it wizzerks now... Thanks!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/18/07 11:44 PM
It's the same as Bren for me! It kicks me back to the forum and if I click on the axiom community link I'm still a guest... \:\(

I did clear the cache and cookies.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 01:14 AM
Cleared everything and still no dice. I remain a community outcast. \:\(
Posted By: richeydog Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 01:20 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

I can't get in either. Is there a secret handshake or something? ;\)

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 01:24 AM
 Originally Posted By: richeydog
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy

I can't get in either. Is there a secret handshake or something? ;\)

Ha ha. Very funny. . .

I will try the jive slap on my computer screen and see if that works. . .

I'll let you know.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 01:28 AM
It works for me, I just have to login each time. For some reason this started recently. It used to recognize my forum login.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 02:10 AM
Also,

I think being able to rate pictures is pretty cool, and the system will tell you if you have already rated a pic.

However, it would be nice if the system would not show you ones you already have rated. You basically have to go through all of them over again each time.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 02:33 PM
All non-able-to-log-inners;

Could you please tell me what security you're using? EG MacAfee, AVG, other? We're still digging for the common theme.

Thanks for your help with this!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 02:57 PM
At work Computer Associates eTrust anti-virus, at home Computer Associates Security Suite. Nothing on my 2 Linux boxes and an old version of eTrust on my windows laptop

The login doesn't work on any of them.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 02:58 PM
Windows Vista Firewall
Windows Defender (Anti-Spyware program)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Using Firefox browser
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 06:06 PM
I'm using no security on my mac (and I'm in IT!).
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 06:10 PM
Please use protection. We don't want your Mac Minis running around.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 06:13 PM
I have a hypothesis: perhaps only those of us who logged in/created accounts (briefly) before the site really went live can get in.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 08:34 PM
Don't think so, I never made a separate account as I didn't try it till it went live. It looked like I needed a separate account but I tried my board login and it worked. I did get the kickback first time though then, it worked fine.
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 09:23 PM

Is anyone else having to log in the forum everytime they leave? I have to log in everytime I shut the browser down,I never had to do this before. Yes I hit the remmember me box on log in.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/19/07 10:24 PM
On one of my PC's I have to re-login on the others I do not.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 01:38 AM
Like Peter, I use no protection with my Mac, either.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 01:48 AM
I actually created my account before the site went live... So I guess that's not it either.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 03:53 AM
Hello non-log-inners;

Jim seems to have found one of the issues we are having (we think we are having two). It's to do with the age of your passwords, so St. Pat Guy, skyhawk, etc, if you would like to try to get in tonight you can change your password and then all should be well. (You can also change it back once you have changed it the first time if that's easiest for you.) Jim hopes to write a fix for everyone who is having this issue first thing tomorrow, but until it is in place this should get you in.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:05 AM
Good news--it worked! Changed my password, logged in to the community and got kicked back here, but clicked on the banner again, and got in.
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:09 AM
Ah yes, the secret handshake! ;\) Thanks for trying that - we'll try to get a proper fix up asap.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:11 AM
Thanks for all of the work you guys are doing to make this community thing a reality. Based on my own tiny experience, I have a vague idea how rough getting software like this to work right can be.
Posted By: PaulM Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:22 AM
Yup, worked fine for me too. Got in right away. Was kicked out a few days ago when I first tried getting in.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:41 AM
And just like that... it works for me too.

Bren R.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 05:24 AM
I changed my password (we're talking the board password right?) and I tried and it still kicks me out to the forum and when I click on the link I still get back to the logon page. I cleared my cache and cookies and changed password and still no luck...

I guess I'm pretty much the only one left not able to get in \:\(
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 06:09 AM
No you're not. I changed my password and still can't get in. \:\(
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 01:56 PM
The password reset did the trick for me too. I'm in, I'm in!

Secret handshake accepted.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 02:55 PM
password reset worked for me when I tried it yesterday. \:\)
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 03:54 PM
I'm happy for y'all, really! I mean it!

Now where's my bottle of bourbon... \:D
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:30 PM
This just in! Jim uploaded the fix this morning and then did a special fix for Skyhawk and Ajax in the last five minutes. Would you be so kind as to try again?
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 04:49 PM
I just tried and still no luck...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 05:03 PM
Time for an exorcist?
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 05:28 PM
Does anybody know a reputable one? ...Randy?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 05:35 PM
800-666-6666
Posted By: RickF Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 05:40 PM
.....extension 6.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 09:22 PM
I always thought it was 1-666-666-0666
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 12/20/07 09:55 PM
BTW, I'm running into an odd problem with Axiom's websites. When I only have one page actively loading (such as the forum page), it's pretty quick. But when I have more than one page loading (say the forum page and the chat window), it's incredibly slow--almost unusable. Now, I've got a 10MBit pipe here at work, and I can load other sites at the same time as Axiom, so I suspect the issue is over in Dwight somewhere. Anyone else have this issue?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/21/07 02:30 AM
Sorry I'm late to the party, Amie, but I've only been here twice today. Like Ken, I'm finding the web site agonizingly slow today. It's a little faster this evening, but this morning, it would take up to 3 minutes for a page to load completely. Tonight, when I clicked on the community link, it took 5 minutes for the login page to load. And, when I logged in, I was bounced right back to the forum again. This posting form still hasn't loaded fully, and it's been more than 5 minutes. Whew, finally loaded.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/21/07 02:02 PM
Whew! Back up to speed today. What a relief!!!!! \:\)

Still can't get into the Community. What a drag!! \:\(

;\)
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Community - 12/21/07 09:08 PM
Woo hoo - Jim thinks it's solved! 10 people had special flags from logging in a few months ago and the flags are now cleared - thanks to skyhawk for helping us with the experiment. Everyone should be ready now!
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 12/21/07 10:43 PM
Yeehaaww! It's working!
I'll be drinking a beer in Jim's honor tonight then!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Axiom Community - 12/21/07 11:52 PM
BINGO! Thank you Amie, and all who worked so hard to solve the problem.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Axiom Community - 12/22/07 02:02 AM
Yes, thanks for being persistant and finding a solution to the problem.

Now that we're in, what happens if we want to get sign out of the mob club? Do we get whacked or something?
Posted By: Wid Re: Axiom Community - 12/22/07 02:03 AM

Once in there's no getting out!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/29/07 03:52 AM
Seems like I am now having problems with the Axiom Community. I have to login everytime I click on the community link. Even if I check the box to remember me, it still requires me to login each time I hit the website if I close my browser and reopen.

It also does not seem to recognize that I'm already logged in to the forums. I've even logged out of the forums, logged into the community which logs me into the forums, but still have to login to the community every time.

Also, when I login to the community it always kicks me out to the forums, then I have to click back in to the community again.

It was working fine until recently.

XP, IE7, and yes it does not help to delete cookies, temp files, forms, etc.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/29/07 03:59 AM
Ok, I just checked it again.

It appears that if I kill all my cookies, temp files, etc., close/reopen my browser and login to Axiom's forums, this will let me into the community without logging in as long as I don't close my browser.

Once I visit the community after reopening my browser, it does not remember my login, like the forums, and I'm required to login each time, which in turn kicks me out to the forums.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Axiom Community - 12/29/07 01:11 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Seems like I am now having problems with the Axiom Community.

I don't know why, Randy....

We still like YOU quite a bit...... \:\(
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom Community - 12/29/07 06:37 PM
funny shhhhhhhhhhhhtuff Mark. \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 01/02/08 07:25 AM
I haven't tried to create a poll yet, but is 4 really as many options as you can make?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/02/08 07:43 AM
It appears to be for the momment.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/08/08 10:23 AM
UH-OH, I just tried to get into the community with my new Vista powered PC and I can't get into it no matter what I try. Cleaned out temp files and cookies, closed IE7, reopened and it takes the login, sends me to the forum as usual, then when I click back into the community, it still doesn't recognize me\:\(. Good thing I have 4 other PCs running XP\:\)

I wonder if AVG internet security is the issue, better try that in the morning after I get some sleep.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axiom Community - 01/08/08 09:49 PM
I have Vista and AVG...works fine.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:44 PM
Even my most hardcore 'must upgrade before anyone else' friends have all gone back to XP. The last hold out emailed me this morning to say he is giving in.

Never went there myself, even when I recently built a new PC that could actually run the thing without bogging down.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:45 PM
This is annoying, I managed to get into the community this morning from this Vista box while AVG was scanning, as soon as it stopped I was blocked out. I shut it down, cleared all caches and cookies and I still can't get back in from here.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:46 PM
Heh... you're tempting me to roll my work laptop back to XP. But my boss would kill me. He's running Vista on his desktop now, poor guy.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:51 PM
Other than this one issue I have been relatively impressed with Vista. It doesn't seem to be as bad as most are making out to be. I am almost thiking about upgrades for the rest of the PCs in my house....almost.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:52 PM
heh heh, just wrote in another post about every hard core PC friend I have rolling back to XP. Trust me, you won't be alone.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 05:58 PM
I wonder how much of the problem is we have become accustomed to how XP does things and that Vista just does them differently and we have to agjust to it? Naw, it's just not meant to be out yet. SP1 should fix alot of issues like it did with XP.

I know, it's that computers need to be broken in to be able to run Vista at optimum levels.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 06:06 PM
Could be but to me, it seems to be a compatibility issue rather than interface complaints. Too many things just don't work 100% on it yet. However, as you point out, that will (should) get better with time.

I can see me changing someday when I need software that becomes VISTA only, but until then, the pain is not worth the gain.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 06:31 PM
I am presently building 2 new PC's and am trying to figure out if the pain of compatability, which I have yet to encounter, is enough deterent to keep me from installing Vista on these new PCs or do I go through hours of updating to catch up with an XP install.....and I have SP2 on disc.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 10:58 PM
XP just worked well on rollout... so far it seems Vista doesn't. And to be fair, it's not just MS that does that... MacOS X just didn't work at all for 6 months... until uh, "Marmot" or "Platypus".

I was working in a production environment then... and "I know your Mac is like... crashing to the point of having to pull the plug, but... whoa, dude... did you check out Garage Band?" was NOT the kind of customer service I was looking for.

Bren R.
Posted By: skyhawk669 Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 11:01 PM
 Quote:
MacOS X just didn't work at all for 6 months... until uh, "Marmot" or "Platypus".

Lol...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Axiom Community - 01/09/08 11:51 PM
I remember XP having a few issues on roll out but nothing like Vista.

I think they had really intended Vista to be strictly 64 bit but then realized that would kill them so they then cross developed it to 32 bit and in doing so mangled it for both versions.
Posted By: CV Re: Axiom Community - 01/10/08 05:07 AM
I kind of hope they completely break away with the next major Windows release. I'm willing to give up compatibility for all brand new code that works and works well. They really need a fresh start. And we'll see what operating systems they're competing with at that point.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Community - 01/10/08 03:57 PM
The take home lesson is that you shouldn't do a rollout of any OS major point release until at least the first couple of revisions have gone out. For OS X 10.5, I'm waiting for 10.5.2 before I push it out to all the macs I manage. We don't even have any real plans for Vista yet.
© Axiom Message Boards