Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/28/07 10:42 PM
So I am waiting on my replacement amp for my ep 500 and I decided to check the status via the dhl tracking number.

Here is what the dhl site said:

12/28/2007 2:17 pm
Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination

?!?!?!?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/28/07 10:54 PM
I got that message on both Axiom shipments last month. I think DHL does it on purpose--that way when they don't meet the expected delivery date they can say, "What can we do, it went to the wrong facility?"

Standard operating procedure.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/28/07 11:19 PM
I got my wife an electric blanket amongst other presents this year.

It came from Sears shipped via UPS (my least favorite).
The blanket was in a plastic grey UPS bag (no protection there) and inside its own plastic packaging.

After i inspected the seriously gouged side of the UPS bag and determined there was likely minimal damage inside to an electric blanket, i pulled out the packaged item only to see a destroyed package.
It was so obliterated that i was picking up pieces of plastic packaging off my office floor.
This isn't a hard plastic mind you but that soft, squishy PVC.

The only thing that comes to mind is the package, being soft and squishable, was thrown into a UPS truck, hence the side gouge, and afterwards, once the back of the truck which eventually was frozen cold overnight and the plastic 'hardened'. Eventually the parcel had something drop on it, blowing the plastic packaging apart like a mini air bomb.
I should have taken pictures.

Needless to say, its an electric blanket, no harm done but for the love of St Peter, have some damn respect for other people's parcels!!
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo

The only thing that comes to mind is the package, being soft and squishable, was thrown into a UPS truck, hence the side gouge, and afterwards, once the back of the truck which eventually was frozen cold overnight and the plastic 'hardened'. Eventually the parcel had something drop on it, blowing the plastic packaging apart like a mini air bomb.
I should have taken pictures.

The physics and idea of that is pretty awesome if it turned out to be true. Not for the bag (or your wife), but just the blowing up part. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/29/07 03:27 AM
For those that were around a few years ago, you all know what happened to my replacement amp for my old ep500. Normally, the amps are shipped in a vault like wooden crate from Axiom. Well, I got a cardboard box with the remains of the amp and splinters of the crate just thrown in a box from the Fed Ex hub.

Looked like it had been run over by a bulldozer.
Posted By: jakewash Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/29/07 03:48 AM
Probably was flung off the end of a forklift as it went around a corner.
Posted By: DaveG Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/29/07 12:02 PM
DHL,Fed Ex, UPS etc. are all amazing in their disregard for the integrity of the contents of the items they deliver.
Posted By: CV Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/29/07 03:38 PM
The stork who brought me into this world must have taken part in the same training.
Posted By: bridgman Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/29/07 04:30 PM
When I was working for a major material-handling company some years back I was able to look at some of the engineering videos related to the design of luggage handling systems. One of the big challenges was keeping luggage from bunching up at choke points and stopping the whole line. Various solutions were tried to keep the luggage spaced apart, but the ones which were the most consistently successful were also incredibly abusive to the luggage.

I imagine similar solutions are used in the courier business.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 06:16 PM
so I called DHL today and the asked where my package was. The lady put me on hold and came back after speaking to her supervisor.

She said something along the lines of:
"The physical piece may not actually be in the container even though the manifest says so."

Whatever the hell that means!

I asked why the website tracking on dhl says "received package" on the 24th, then on the 27th it says "package was sent to inccorect facility, sending to correct facility." She said that was weird, and her system did not show that information.

She said that according to her information, DHL never received the package from purolator. Then she said I have to wait until monday to see if I get my package... (Yeah, the same one that they never received)

I asked: "so you are saying that purolator never gave you package, what if purolator tells me they did."

She said: " that won't happen, purolator understands our system and if we did not receive the package then that means it was never shipped."

J.C. from axiom assured me that my amp was shipped.

Hopefully everything will become more clear on Monday, as the DHL rep told me she would have more info if I called back then.

I think that translates to "We have no idea where the hell your package is. We seemed to have lost it, and hopefully we will find it before you call back on monday."

Posted By: CV Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 06:22 PM
I think you may be dreaming. Have someone pinch you.
Wow! If that wasn't so sad because you need it, it would be hilarious. Anyone from Purolator care to respond? Does Purator really understand the DHL system, because THEY sure don't seem to! \:\( for your wait, for DHL.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 06:39 PM
That's an incredible story! What is DHL thinking?

Dealing with shipping companies makes my blood boil. I'm a very calm person normally, but when I have to call UPS at work I'm better off beating myself in the forehead with the phone.

Sounds like DHL has the same sort of non-linear logic/dead end customer support that UPS does. . .
Posted By: jakewash Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 07:19 PM
If DHL missed the initial scan, it will not show up as received from Purolator, but would be in their system......somewhere.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 07:23 PM
The web tracking says that the package was received by DHL on the 24th.

The phone rep said it was never received.....

Anyway, I am sure it will show up eventually \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/30/07 08:32 PM
Physical piece be with you.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/31/07 05:07 PM
This morning DHL web tracking gave me the following message:

12/31/2007 8:15 am With delivery courier

Looks like they just missed the initial arrival scan somewhere. My package was probably on it's way the whole time! (it is arriving on the originally scheduled delivery date)

That leads me to believe that the "shipment arrived at incorrect faciltiy" is some kind of generic message that posts when a package comes up missing/misses a scan somewhere like St_Patguy suggested.

I guess they think it sounds better then "your package is missing"

Hopefully the new amp will fix my rattle. If not the issue may be with the driver (which i doubt because it sounds like it is comming from the back), or the enclosure itself.

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 12/31/07 05:27 PM
Good news, terzaghi! Hope the new amp solves your problem.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/01/08 12:47 AM
well it is 6:47 and still no amp \:\(

Maybe DHL has not redeemed themselves yet!
The container and the physical item could have been on two separate trunks, each with half of the address... The woman on the phone might have been right after all \:\)

Well... better luck in 2008 for that shipment!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/01/08 01:12 AM
yah, I called DHL and they supposedly attempted to deliver the package at 4:30 while I was running an errand. There is no signature required and I expected them to just leave it on the porch. There was no note or anything indicating they had tried to deliver the item. The guy on the phone could not tell me why the item was not left or at least a note.

whats funny was when I ordered my receiver from 6ave I told them specifically NOT to leave the item on my porch or deliver it at all (I said I would pick the package up after work.) I came home from work and found my denon 3808 sitting on the porch unattended all day long.

Oh well, I guess I have to wait until WEDNESDAY now.
DHL sucks
Posted By: jakewash Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/01/08 04:54 AM
I would bet the drivers were calling it quits early, so all the stuff left on the truck was coded 'attempted delivery' and he was heading back in to the depot.
Posted By: Mojo Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/01/08 05:06 AM
I guess they don't have the same code of ethics as mailmen.
Posted By: jakewash Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/01/08 08:26 AM
I know our guys were told to deliver as much as possible but not to stay out past 5PM. When I left there were still some drivers not back yet at 5. As it seems most everyone else gets to leave early so did our drivers, funny thing is when they get to leave early they are off the clock and don't get paid for the full day so the company actually saves money on these days, only to lose more when the items have to go out twice; but the drivers are happy to get a little extra time with family etc.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/02/08 11:26 PM
well I received my package today from DHL and there must have been some kind of mix up from axiom because they sent me a driver instead of an amp.... I am 99% positive the sound is coming from the BACK of the ep500 so I don't see how a driver will help anything.

Also, the box was supposed to come with a return label and it did not...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm \:\(

Trying to call axiom now but their phone must be having issues or something
Posted By: SirQuack Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/02/08 11:27 PM
Or, you could try to replace the driver and see what happens.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/02/08 11:36 PM
I am definitely going to give it a shot when my girlfriend gets done playing guitar hero.

Hopefully it will fix my issue, but It sure seems to me that the sound is coming from the back of my sub.

Maybe my driver is damaged and it is like a ventriloquist, throwing its 'voice' to the back of my ep 500 ;\)

EDIT: just got in touch with axiom- Their system shows that an amp was supposed to be shipped... Brent was not sure why a driver was sent instead.

Anyway, They are sending out an amp tomorrow so I should receive it next week.

I will try swapping out the driver tonight and if it somehow fixes my problem I will call them back
Posted By: SirQuack Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/02/08 11:50 PM
Rattles and noises from a sub can sometimes by misleading. You could be right though. I think I mentioned about the bad amp problem in an ep500 I once had. I had a rattle that would go away when I applied pressure with my fingers to the amp plate on the back. Once I replaced the amp, it went away. \:\)

Sometimes the port is rattling within the enclosure near the back of the sub, creating the sound you may be hearing.

ps: that is cool that your wife is playing GH, something my wife would care less about. \:\(
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/02/08 11:57 PM
I hope it is not the port. It felt tight when I wiggled it around when my Amp plate was removed and it seemed ok. I even tighted the hex screws on the back of the port the best I could.

If axiom sends me an amp and it turns out to be the port then I guess they will have to send me a new ep500...?

Or since I will have the driver and the amp they can just send me some screws and an empty ep500 box and I can build it myself \:\)

Anyway, hopefully the amp will fix my problem, or better yet the driver.

It could be worse- for a majority of the LFE during movies I can only hear the rattle if I walk up to the sub. The real problem shows when a loud explosion or some other LFE comes through the sub and then I hear the rattle from my couch....
Posted By: SirQuack Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/03/08 12:02 AM
That sounds exactly like the problem I had with my old 500. It was first during some test tones that I was doing when I first heard the rattle noise at higher volumes. Then I would also hear it during certain movie explosions or dynamic music passages.

Like you I snugged up the screws for the port and driver. I also checked to see that I didn't have any wires inside bouncing around on the port, since they kinda hang in there.

Then I discovered the rattle noise in back by the amp. I was easy to troubleshoot with the test tones as I could keep the rattle steady, then when I applied pressure with my fingers it would go away.

Good luck, and I know how frustrating this stuff can be. \:\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/06/08 11:48 PM
just a quick update. It is now sunday and my amp has not been shipped yet \:\(

brent said that it should have been sent out on thursday, and he has no idea why it wasn't.

hopefully I will get this issue fixed soon........
Posted By: CV Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/06/08 11:50 PM
Ouch. My fingers are crossed for you. I hate long waits for no reason.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/07/08 02:16 AM
Yeah, mine too. It is not a big deal, just a little tired of waiting \:\)

I talked with brent on wednesday and he said that for sure the amp would be shipped out on thrusday. For some reason it still hasn't been shipped. Brent gave me his direct number to his office and told me to give him a call monday morning.

All will work out in the end- I just thought I would post here while I am killing time for my new amp ;\)
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/11/08 06:05 PM
Well, I got my ep500 amp in today from fedex. The amp came in a wooden crate inside of a cardboard box. It was very well packaged. I will install it this evening and report back. Hopefully this fixes my rattle.

On a side note, the cardboard box the amp was shipped in said

EP125 V3 on the side ;\)
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
EP125 V3 on the side ;\)

Scoop!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/11/08 06:50 PM
More likely a misprinted run of boxes that they're using for shipping odd items.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/11/08 06:58 PM
The letters looked new and shiny, like it was a recently printed box. You would think that if they were already printing boxes that we would have heard something about it by now.... So you may be right \:\(
Posted By: Ken.C Re: shipment arrived at incorrect facility - 01/11/08 06:59 PM
I'm historically outstandingly wrong about my predictions of Axiom activities, so...
Very likely. I received my jacket in a W2 box. I went "uhuh" when the Purolator guy arrived with that instead of the VP150 I was expecting! Once I realized it was the cables and the jacket, I heaved a deep sigh! \:\)
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
More likely a misprinted run of boxes that they're using for shipping odd items.

That's what I assumed yesterday as I fished my two ordered banana plugs out of the coffin-sized box imprinted with M-120 on the sides...

Thought the box was awfully big for two banana plugs, but figured that they are trying to use up the misprinted boxes...

© Axiom Message Boards