Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jackdotson INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 02:44 AM
Have read a ton of positive reviews about Axiom's customer service, however, my first encounter is disappointing. Ordered a pair of M80's and VP150 center Tuesday morning and got a order receipt confirmation with notice that shipping info would be provided shortly. When I got home today I got the following e-mail:Hi Jack;

Unfortunately we will be one more day before shipping your M80s - they are
being built today, and we need to test them to be sure they are perfect
before we send them out. They should go out tomorrow, all being well! I'm
sorry for the delay.

Amie Colquhoun
Axiom Audio

So they "should" go out tomorrow, Thursday, which means earliest delivery is Monday as they will arrive on Saturday. I invited friends over for the games this weekend and was going to use these, but now I will have nothing. Why wasn't I told up front these wern't in stock? And, why was my CC charged immediately even though they still haven't shipped? Sheesh! How long did it take you guys to get your speakers? Two day air doesn't mean allot if you have to wait for three or more days to get it shippped. Especially when "second day" air is included as part of the price. Maybe I'm over reacting, but I'm really disappointed. On a positive note, I guess these speakers must be really good if they are out of stock and the factory can't keep up? Damn! It seems like this stuff always happens to me.

Oh yeah, hello to everyone. This is my first post. :-(
Posted By: Haoleb Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 03:08 AM
hey. bummer. i just got some M80's myself. they were ordered firday, shipped monday and were delivered thursday.. and thats from canada to hawaii. And wednesday was the first so fed ex didnt work that day. But, just think of it like how at wendy's or where ever it is they make the burger fresh for you. they are making the speakers fresh for you :-D although, i dont think the credit card should be charged till they are shipped.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 03:46 AM
Jack...
A 48h delay is really not that bad. Perhaps Axiom ran into a building flaw that caused a bunch of M80 lots to get tossed into the Factory Outlet 'blemished' pile.
If so, they had to start up production asap to get you your speakers!
You never know what really happened until you hear both sides of the story.
All that aside, i can pretty much say that of ANY company i've ever had to deal with (electronics stores, furniture and mattress shops, auto dealers, etc.), Axiom has by far been the absolute best for dealing with customers.
Think positive. There will always be another party to strut those beautiful M80s!
Posted By: jackdotson Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 04:19 AM
Yes 48 hours is that bad when it's a Thursday before they "might" be shipped. Anyway you look at it, it will be a week before I get them. UPS ground beats this. However, I just never figured they wouldn't have a single pair of 80's in stock. And, as I stated before, I should have been told up front. I don't know how everyone else reads it, but when I see FEDEX second day air included in price, I consider this part of the deal. Yes, there will be other parties. I'm 45 and have had many, but that doesn't change the fact that my planning for this one was ruined. I'll stop now, this is not going to do anygood. But I will advise potential buyers to be sure and verify shipping dates up front.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 05:18 AM
Dude,

FedEX lost my speakers in customs and it was weeks before I finally got them so you've got no room to complain in my book.

Up to the minute stocking is actually pretty hard to do for most companies. Most other sites wouldn't have had the courtesy to let you know exactly what was going on with your speakers. I actually see your above post as another example of Axiom's stellar service.

I know it's hard to wait for something this cool and I'm sure you're as anxious as I was. Be patient, it will all be worth it.

Regards,
Semi
Posted By: Haoleb Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 06:21 AM
you must think of it different. first, if amie said they ship tomorrow. they will. after they ship they will be there in 2 or 3 depending on how fed ex does. now if you ask nice i think amie can make them be delivered on saturday for an extra 10 bucks or something. and viola party not ruined! but keep in mind. the orderes dont usually ship till later in the day ( i think ) and fed ex has 2 buinsess days so even *if* they shipped today chances are they might not even get there friday anyway.
Posted By: MCodanti Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 06:43 PM
> I don't know how everyone else reads it, but when I see
> FEDEX second day air included in price, I consider this
> part of the deal

Correct, and you will get FedEx 2nd day shipping. The web site doesn't say you will have them in 2 days. It has been my experience that most companies ship the day after you order.

> However, I just never figured they wouldn't have a
> single pair of 80's in stock

I'm sure they have M80s in stock but probably just not in the color you ordered. They may have had a run on that model. They probably had Factory Outlet ones but ran out of standard ones.

Since you were ordering so close to when you had to have them I would have called and talked to someone to verify stock and when they would actually ship. It sounds like you just placed an order on the web. You didn't give yourself any buffer time for if anything went wrong, like if customs held them up, or FedEx lost them or sent them to the wrong hub..

In any case Amie's message to you shows their customer service in that they told you what was going on, rather than other companies that say it has shipped when it hasn't, etc..

Michael

Posted By: Patchwork Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 10:01 PM
I'm sorry if I sound insulting, but I must say this:

I wouldn't complain if I were you. I have yet to find a company (aside from the one I work for) that has customer support like Axioms. The fact that you ordered them and received them very shortly is very good service. It is not anyone's fault that saturday and sunday are days off and FedEx won't travel and ship. Had you ordered monday, maybe you would already have your speakers.

anyhoo, welcome to the board, and enjoy your speakers! If you find them too forward, Alan has just posted yesterday that you can get clips from Axiom that slightly reduce the output of the tweeters.

Have a good one!
Posted By: jackdotson Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 11:03 PM
O.K. everyone, you guys were right and I was completely wrong. The spekers got shipped today and Amie sent me an e-mail letting me know they would ship them overnight them so I could have them for the weekend, and they're picking up the extra cost. Also, there was a very good reason for not shipping immediately, they got broke into over the holdidays with several pairs of the 80's stolen. Man to I feel like a heel. At any extent, I must eat crow as I owe Amie and Axiom a huge apology. They did take a personal interest in my situation and did everyting in thier power to make me happy. Everyone of you were right, these are great people and customer support is exceptional. I know of no other company that would have done this and I was pleasantly surprised. Sorry Axiom/Amie, you folks are great and I'm anticipating hearing a great speaker tomorrow. I'll post a review in a few days.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/09/03 11:41 PM
Glad it was all worked out.

At least the thiefs had good tast.

*shrug*
Posted By: DanTana Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 12:05 AM
Another great reason to buy Axiom.
Posted By: wbwatts Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 02:31 PM
Sounds like there may be some M80's showing up on Ebay.

Posted By: DanTana Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 02:46 PM
I doubt they would have not problem selling or trading them to the local crack dealers. They probably get $100.00 a pair for them. What a shame.
Posted By: chesseroo A break-in at Axiom? - 01/10/03 03:24 PM
Perhaps they need some security updating. Possibly some nifty guard dogs.
Perhaps like this one here whose drool factor is enough to scare off the most hardened of criminals:

She sits nearly as tall as an M60 and weighs in nearly 3 times as much.

Or perhaps they need a true 'watch'dog that never sleeps.

Her water saving skills are second to none which is great for the woodsy lakey area in which Axiom is situated.

Sorry. I couldn't resist posting some of the latest scanned snaps of the 'kids'.
Posted By: yacmed Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 08:04 PM
I also had a slight problem with my initial order of M3's this summer, now i dont want to get Amie in trouble so i just want to say that she gave me a wonderful break on my next purchase, which she knew whould be in the next month, she also once answered 6 of my emails in one day all within 10 minutes of when i sent them (one was even during lunch time eastern), i can't say enough about this company, and i am sorry they got burglarized, i hope they find the culprits and dont get jaded about the experience, some people just can't be honest...
My two cents
Kore
Posted By: Pinoy Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 10:09 PM
In addition to excellent products and highly competitive prices, Axiom's customer service is a major reason why we are satisfied customers.

Sorry to hear about the break-in.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: INITIAL EXPERIENCE WITH AXIOM - 01/10/03 10:27 PM
I have also been quite impressed with Axiom's customer serivice. They do their absolute best to deliver quality products and service to the customer and thats the kind of things that seperate them from alot of companies. My order was shipped asap. and from looking at the times you can call on the site, they must have all calls on the weekend and after they leave the office forwarded to amie and ians house would be my guess lol. and knowing that people like that are standing behind these speakers and making them gives you the feeling that you can count on them. no matter what happens lol. im sad to hear they were robbed thats a shame but what goes around comes around and im sure they will have something great happen to make up for the theft.
© Axiom Message Boards