Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Amie RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 09:54 PM
Well, you win some, you lose some, and we've decided to cry 'uncle' to the community. After many hours we still haven't been able to get the troubles with log ins figured out, and baring a passionate outcry we'll be disabling the community this week.

The idea though was to give us a few more places to connect, so we're testing out the 'Shout Box' and a 'Gallery' for you to display photos of your systems.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Photo gallery is a great idea.
Posted By: RickF Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 10:07 PM
I believe that was a good move Amie, although y'all gave it your best, the community just wasn't happening.

Thanks anyway!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 10:23 PM
I think we still need a gallery.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 10:24 PM
 Quote:
so we're testing out the 'Shout Box' and a 'Gallery' for you to display photos

Posted By: Amie Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 10:28 PM
Small emergency sidetracking Jim . . . suspect Gallery will come about tomorrow! Sorry for the tease!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 10:29 PM
Once again, Axiom makes me look the fool. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/14/08 11:13 PM
I think a gallery will be great as long as we have some index reference to our location for audition purposes.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 12:30 AM
speaking of auditions. How do you get on the list?
Posted By: doormat Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 12:35 AM
Audition Club:

"To sign up, send an email (or PM) to Amie with your name, city, state or province, and the products in your set up, as well as the best way for a potential customer to contact you. You'll be on your way in no time!"

Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 01:04 AM
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Once again, Axiom makes me look the fool. ;\)

No, Ken, it's not Axiom. . .
Posted By: Ken.C Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 01:06 AM
Took you guys long enough. Yeesh... gonna have to start directly insulting myself around here.
Posted By: jakewash Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 02:06 AM
Aww Man, and I finally managed to get my Vista box to let me log on and it even remebered my log in from the forum side of the community. I liked the community, the polls and quizzes etc. were fun.
Posted By: JohnK Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 04:11 AM
Amie, the photo gallery seems like a good idea. I never attempted to enter the "Community" and don't think that any other location for discussion or comments is necessary and might detract from the main board.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 04:18 AM
Yah, only one person ever took my math quiz \:\(

I like the shoutbox, but it might be good to have an option to turn it off or when browsing the forums with a slow connection. having to wait for the chat to load when you are not participating might not be fun .
Posted By: bridgman Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 05:14 AM
Did someone say "slow connection" ?
Posted By: jakewash Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 05:24 AM
What was that? You're breaking up, oh wait, it just comes up one letter at a time.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 04:04 PM
My connection is pretty good (just standard 3 mbps cable), but I have heard of some people who still use dial up
Posted By: Murph Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/15/08 05:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Aww Man, and I finally managed to get my Vista box to let me log on and it even remebered my log in from the forum side of the community. I liked the community, the polls and quizzes etc. were fun.

It was your Vista box that probably kept breaking it.

LOL, just kidding.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: RIP Community . . .Hello Shoutbox? - 01/16/08 12:06 AM
The shout box should have a time display of when posts were made. To avoid time zone confusion you could pick a time zone and display the current time at the top.
© Axiom Message Boards