Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi GTA IV - 04/29/08 03:22 AM
Who is getting it? It has received a 100 from nearly every game ranking website or magazine so far...

I will be heading up to my local game store in an hour and half to pick up a midnight release copy... but then again I might just go to bed and buy it at lunch time.

Posted By: CV Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 03:32 AM
I'm getting it. It's something I'm getting with the $100 Amazon.com credit I got for the HD DVD player purchases. I'm looking forward to it, even though I haven't really played the other ones.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:36 PM
Well I picked the game up on my lunch hour. Played for about 15 minutes and it seems like it is going to be a fun game. It probably won't convert anyone who didn't like the series before- but fans of any of the other GTA games will love it.
Posted By: Spoiler Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:41 PM
A friend of mine played trumpet on the soundtrack for GTA IV.
Posted By: CV Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:42 PM
Are you tooting your friend's horn?
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:44 PM
I've never played, but would be interested. With my shout box content of today, though, I'm not sure that it would be a good thing for me to get any more ideas from the media.

Lately I've been playing GT5 Prologue (PS3) and enjoying it. Not to thread hijack, but it looks freakishly good - stunning visuals - and as a driving sim, it's a lot of fun. I'm only working my way up the C class cup now though. I'm sure I'll be cussing at it in the B and A levels. But that's OK, makes for a challenge.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:55 PM
Hopefully it comes out for PC...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 05:56 PM
Since when have any of the GT games been out for the PC?
Posted By: Spoiler Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 06:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Are you tooting your friend's horn?

Nope.... I play trombone! \:D
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 06:12 PM
Real trombones, or is that slang for something?

;\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 06:15 PM
Drazba, I hope you're using all appropriate microwaving techniques lately.

DRAZ-BAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Posted By: Spoiler Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 06:42 PM
 Quote:
Real trombones, or is that slang for something?

Nah...no hidden meaning... the actual trombone. I get all the ladies!

Posted By: pmbuko Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 06:48 PM
bari sax gets no respect.
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 07:56 PM
I played alto sax, tell me about it. At least you had the sense to play the big sax.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:19 PM
I actually didn't play bari sax. I played trumpet in 4th - 6th grade. Then I submitted to the stupid, stupid peer pressure that existed in Southern California that people who were in band were losers and decided not to continue in Junior High.
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:23 PM
Whew, I thought for a minute your sax was bigger than mine.

Sax envy is a bitch.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:24 PM
I played the trumpet too! And then my story is very similar to yours, except I used the peer pressure to hide the fact I had no musical talent.

I chose the trumpet because it had only three valves and shouldn't have been too complicated. My sister played the flute and she had to use all her fingers. I couldn't handle that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:25 PM
You must have loved to play Taps, then. \:\) "Look ma, no fingers!"
Posted By: HomeDad Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:25 PM
 Quote:
Lately I've been playing GT5 Prologue (PS3) and enjoying it. Not to thread hijack, but it looks freakishly good - stunning visuals - and as a driving sim, it's a lot of fun. I'm only working my way up the C class cup now though. I'm sure I'll be cussing at it in the B and A levels.

Me too! Without being able to upgrade the cars it makes the races that much more difficult, as soon as you get through the class A, class S becomes available and I'm sure that will be a real Biatch. The graphics in 1080p are mind blowing.

I'm not a big fan of GTA but the game has gotten the highest rating I have yet to see on a game so I'll probably have to pick it up.
Posted By: medic8r Re: GTA IV - 04/29/08 08:48 PM
New thread: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Hey Homey, see you there!
Posted By: Murph Re: GTA IV - 05/12/08 05:38 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I actually didn't play bari sax. I played trumpet in 4th - 6th grade. Then I submitted to the stupid, stupid peer pressure that existed in Southern California that people who were in band were losers and decided not to continue in Junior High.

So you gave up taking your Sax Ed. classes? Very sad.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: GTA IV - 05/12/08 05:45 PM
They were kind of pointless anyway. All they did was tell him to put his instrument in a case.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: GTA IV - 05/12/08 11:36 PM
always protect your instrument. Especially when showing it off to strangers.
© Axiom Message Boards