Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Wid As requested - 05/10/08 12:08 PM

Here are pics of the Kahr CW40 and S&W 642.

This is my Taurus model 669 357 mag.

All fingers still intact \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: As requested - 05/10/08 12:41 PM
I'll have to start calling you Dirty Harry. \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: As requested - 05/10/08 02:56 PM
Very nice, Rick. I learned to shoot on a revolver and to this day prefer them over semi autos. With my dad being a cop, he's had a healthy collection of guns I've been lucky enough to try out. There's just something about revolvers I can't get away from. Recently, I've been toying with the idea of using my stimulus check to purchase a single action revolver, maybe from Ruger, to satisfy my wild west machismo.
Posted By: RickF Re: As requested - 05/10/08 10:33 PM
For some reason these pictures remind me of the old 'Police Academy' movies, remember the scene where Tackleberry and the hot little cop are getting undressed for a wild encounter and as they undress guns are flying all over the place.

Nice stuff there Ricko, clean too!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: As requested - 05/10/08 10:51 PM
I'll have to make sure I call before just "dropping" by. \:\)
Posted By: RickF Re: As requested - 05/10/08 10:56 PM
Randy, I'm now listening to that lady in your avatar ... I dragged out and dusted off the old 'Love Scenes' DVD-A. I forgot how nice it sounded.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: As requested - 05/10/08 10:57 PM
That Lady is Diana Krall brother Rick. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: As requested - 05/11/08 03:53 AM
Very good, Rick. Depending on what loads you use, I suppose that since they're so light they might have as much effective recoil momentum as the 669!
Posted By: BrenR Re: As requested - 05/11/08 07:14 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Recently, I've been toying with the idea of using my stimulus check to purchase a single action revolver, maybe from Ruger, to satisfy my wild west machismo.
Cowboy Action Shooting has seemed to have taken off, everyone (but me) seems to like the Vaquero from Ruger at the price point. Personally, I hate the half-round rear sight on them (aka the 'ehhh... in this general direction' sight)... but I'm a bullseye shooter... I expect a little better than "on the paper."

Bren R.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: As requested - 05/11/08 03:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: BrenR
Recently, I've been toying with the idea of using my stimulus check to purchase a single action revolver, maybe from Ruger, to satisfy my wild west machismo.
Cowboy Action Shooting has seemed to have taken off, everyone (but me) seems to like the Vaquero from Ruger at the price point. Personally, I hate the half-round rear sight on them (aka the 'ehhh... in this general direction' sight)... but I'm a bullseye shooter... I expect a little better than "on the paper."

Bren R.

Geez, Bren, real men shoot from the hip. ;\)

Since my aim is marginal at best, I don't think it'll hurt me.
Posted By: CV Re: As requested - 05/11/08 05:16 PM
I'm going to nerf you all.
Posted By: BrenR Re: As requested - 05/12/08 08:16 AM
Geez, Bren, real men shoot from the hip. ;\)
As they say at the range, we're a handgun club, not a handsgun club.

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards