Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 05:54 AM
I'm currently in the market for a new doorbell system. Where do I find the cool ones?
Posted By: real80sman Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 11:47 AM
I think this would be pretty cool. No getting tired of the same "bell". Check out the samples at the bottom of the page.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 11:55 AM
Or you could go completely retro, which would be even cooler....
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 04:26 PM
Then there's this one...(down near the bottom of the page)
Posted By: CV Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 04:32 PM
Customizable chimes would definitely be nice. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a button. I did a bit of browsing at various sites, and nothing really grabbed me. I was also thinking a little light show to go with the sound would be cool, even though I'm not deaf.
Posted By: CV Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 04:32 PM
Ha ha, nice.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 07:54 PM
I have this color/nightvision camera included at my front door and it's an excellent system. The beauty is if I'm watching a movie etc. and the doorbell rings I can answer it on any phone in the house and switch to a preset channel on any TV in the house to see who is at the door. Especially useful if I don't want to be bothered by those early-morning visitors on Sundays .
Posted By: CV Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/22/08 08:08 PM
That seems like a pretty sweet system. I'll have to consider whether I want to get that involved or not, but it does sound nice. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/23/08 05:40 AM
Charles, it looks like Shawn's suggestion is right on target, but the choice of material is crucial to your future. You want to impress visitors with the momentous nature of what they're about to experience(if it's the mailman delivering a package it might not be quite as crucial)and I'd suggest that you impress them with the opening of the "Fate" theme in Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony(first Windows sample here ). You can be sure that when the word gets out, the hottest girls in the city will all want to stop by and play with your bells.
Posted By: CV Re: Doorbells and doorchimes - 06/23/08 05:53 AM
\:D Very nice. I'm leaning toward something like what Shawn recommended, if not exactly that unit.

I imagine it will be a month or two before I finally buy something, but I'll be sure to let you all know what I end up with.
© Axiom Message Boards