Axiom Home Page
Looks like an EP400 next to that massive scope, it is really one of my 350v3's. I also have the Dew/Light shield attached.

A size comparison next to my oldest son, he just finished 3rd grade and is 4'7" and 80lbs. The tripod legs are at their lowest setting.

From the command center.

Looking at the 11" mirror inside. ;\)

Still waiting for first light and these darn thunderstorms to go away to get it out. It has built in GPS and auto tracking using 1-3 star align technology. Has 40,000 objects in the database control as well..... \:D
Very cool, Randy. Congrats!
Holy Crap!!! Is that what they brought down when they took the Hubble up?? Tell me what the big bang looks like!

Man, that thing could see into the future.
Posted By: Wid Re: New toy, nope that is not an EP400 either... - 06/27/08 12:49 AM

Wow, I would like to see the gun you're mounting that on \:\)
Posted By: onn Re: New toy, nope that is not an EP400 either... - 06/27/08 01:07 AM
That is one beautiful scope.
Seems like I've seen pictures of that thing somewhere Randy.

Oh yea, now I remember....

\:\)
Thanks guys. \:\) This baby weighs about 90lbs assembled, however, the scope/fork assembly comes off fairly easy and has ergonomic handles to make it easy for taking outside and setting on the tripod.
Gorgeous. Congrats!

I am completely green with envy.
Gawjus, Randy! Hope that you get some good seeing so that you take her out and enjoy the universe.
Hey, I'll be over early tomorrow to steal it for a week while I am in Colorado! Just leave your door unlocked.
Very nice Randy! Puts my little Meade to shame.
BTW: Is that the CPC 1100 GPS (XLT)?

That is like the best Celestron you can get short of the Observatory-class CGE ones. NIIIIIICE!!!!
Posted By: CV Re: New toy, nope that is not an EP400 either... - 06/27/08 05:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: nickbuol
BTW: Is that the CPC 1100 GPS (XLT)?

That is like the best Celestron you can get short of the Observatory-class CGE ones. NIIIIIICE!!!!

So much for the Porter Observatory, huh?
A bit overkill for peeping at the sunbathing neighbour, no?

Bren R.
Yep Nick, that is the one I got, actually it is the same OTA (optical tube assembly) as on the CGE's, the only difference is a dual fork mount versus a German Equitorial. GEM's are better for astrophotography,however, you can purchase a wedge for a fork mount and do the same.

In regards to an observatory, that would be next on my list someday. There is a company in Canada that makes nice home observatory's, call Skyshedpods.

Wow! This is so cool!
Hey that's cool.....

What's something like thing cost?? Can you hook a camera up to it??

Can you tell I know nothing about astronomy and telescopes?
The telescope was $2700 minus a $200 rebate. The domes start around $1500 and higher depending on options.
wow.... very cool.

Is that the same boy in the picture with the horizontal ep600?
nope, nathan is 3, jacob is 9
Nice telescope Randy, really nice. It goes good in the theater, just 'cause it looks very cool with the speakers.
Posted By: HAY Re: New toy, nope that is not an EP400 either... - 06/28/08 02:44 AM
Whoa, that thing is wild. I think that could make anyone interested in Astronomy
© Axiom Message Boards