Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV My new story - 07/07/08 05:13 AM
Please only read this if your literacy is very shaky.

Apropos of Nothing

I may not have edited well, and it's as weird as my writing has ever been, so at least you know what you're getting into.
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/07/08 05:14 AM
Oh, I thought it would just show a warning if you're not a member, not make you sign up. Maybe I'll post it somewhere else where people can actually read it.
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/07/08 05:21 AM
Okay, it's on my blog now:

http://supergrand.twinbabyoracles.com/?p=400
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My new story - 07/07/08 05:58 AM
Oy, I'll give this a read tomorrow. I'm in no condition to comprehend, at the moment. . .
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/07/08 06:00 AM
Drink too much pool water?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My new story - 07/07/08 06:08 AM
Yup. *burp*
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My new story - 07/07/08 01:19 PM
Bookmarked for lunchtime. Wouldn't want to slack off on company time.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My new story - 07/08/08 03:11 AM
Ok, so I didn't read it at lunchtime. I read it at home after work, after putting the kids to bed, after taking the dog to the park and tossing the tennis ball around, after loading an old gate onto the roof of the car to take to the dump tomorrow, and after cleaning the downstairs floor Cinderella-style.

But it was worth the wait. You do have a knack for Minute-Maid Homestyle (with the pulp in) fiction, but you definitely have your own style. My favorite part was the dream. Robotic spiders with really bad AI.... \:D \:D
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/08/08 03:47 AM
Hey, thanks for reading! Yeah, I crack myself up when I'm writing, but whether other people laugh is always the big question.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: My new story - 07/08/08 04:07 AM
The dream seemed not unlike the types of dreams you have.

I liked the story. You write natural dialogue, which is offset by a slight absurd (I've used that before) undercurrent. It's a good mix. Keeps the reader on his/her toes.
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/08/08 04:37 AM
I appreciate the commments.

Yeah, the dream almost wrote itself. I mean, I don't think anyone's going to accuse me of being able to have a normal conflict and buildup of tension, so writing dreams where there's no rhyme or reason is a lot more fun for me. It almost makes me want to have a dream sequence in every story. Ha ha, but I won't.
Posted By: JohnK Re: My new story - 07/08/08 05:54 AM
Charles, I was going to wait until the movie came out, but I had some time now, so I read the story. You do let your imagination run in all directions, don't you. I gather that we won't be reading of the Return of Proponence, though.
Posted By: CV Re: My new story - 07/08/08 06:00 AM
Ha ha, not unless she comes back as a ghost spy, but I'm not sure I know how to write a ghost spy story. Thanks for reading.
© Axiom Message Boards