Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 06:25 PM
Yowza!!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 06:35 PM
No kidding!!!

You know it is big when it is constructed with brick and cement walls!

Here is one of my favorite fictional woofers....

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 06:38 PM
The acoustic properties of brick aren't very good unless they are sourced from Baltimore.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 07:42 PM
I think it must be a requirement that every new regular has to post that sub project...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 10:07 PM
I dunno, "whats that saying?... Ambitious but rubbish?" It would definetly be intersting to see how that thing sounds.

That might be taking it a little bit TOO far though. HiFi does kind of consume my life... But how my stuff looks is also important to me... Apparently. Its not to that guy..

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 10:30 PM
Personally, I am simply not that worried about vibrations.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/22/08 11:21 PM
That would be very interesting to try here in South Louisiana where the water table is only about 2' below grade!

hmmmm....... the acoustic properties of water...

Scott
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/23/08 12:52 AM
sound travels much faster and more efficiently in water than air... ;\) Of course, The transfer of sound from water to air.. Not so much \:\) An underwater theater perhaps?
Posted By: fredk Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/23/08 01:37 AM
I think you should try is Scott. With an avatar like Beaker, its bound to involve a boom and some flames somewhere along the line. Don't forget to video it though.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Haolebs next DIY Sub Project - 07/23/08 03:18 AM
 Quote:
That would be very interesting to try here in South Louisiana where the water table is only about 2' below grade!

Depends on what day of the year (and which year) you're talking about, doesn't it?
© Axiom Message Boards