Axiom Home Page
Posted By: myrison Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 12:37 PM
Ultimate Matrix Collection on Blu-Ray

I can't wait to see/hear the Matrix in Blu-Ray. If anyone has, please let us know!

Jason
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 12:54 PM
oohhhh.. netflix here I come \:\)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 01:13 PM
Meh.... I only paid $30 for the Ultimate Matrix Collection a couple of months ago on HD-DVD. ;\)

I would say that if it is anything like the HD-DVD version, it is pretty impressive. Even though I, like most people, weren't completely sold on the 2nd and 3rd films, it is a great looking, and great sounding movie in HD.
Posted By: myrison Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 02:04 PM
David - I just checked Netflix and it's not available on BR yet (and the date is listed as "unknown availability"). I've got it queued up for when the status changes, but I'm hoping to hear from some others in the meantime on how it looks and sounds in BR.

Nick - definitely a good sign if the HD versions were good... I didn't like the 2nd and 3rd as much either, but I know I'll watch them all again just because they are great action flicks with what hopefully will be great audio and video on Blu-Ray.

Jason
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 02:54 PM
Like I posted yesterday if you are going to buy the Matrix it may be worth it to get a second player. Amazon
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/15/08 05:04 PM
hmmm.. it says available on Hd-DVd so maybe I'll give that a try.
Posted By: CV Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/16/08 04:23 AM
I just gave the Ultimate Matrix HD DVDs to my sister and her family. She liked the first one all right. I think her husband liked the whole series more than her overall, though. My mom liked them more than any of us, though, and since they can now play Blu-rays, I'll probably get her the Ultimate Matrix collection on Blu-ray for her birthday later this month. It was disappointing that the Animatrix stuff was in standard definition in the HD DVD set. I'm glad they upgraded them to HD for this release. I'll probably borrow those ones from my mom, just to see how they look.
Posted By: myrison Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/18/08 12:09 AM
Wait - didn't you say you weren't buying anyone gifts this year after you put your 2 800s on layaway? ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/18/08 02:56 AM
\:\) Well, I said no Christmas presents. I should get my mom a birthday present, but I'm still debating about whether it should be the Matrix box set or not.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/21/08 06:52 PM
I just picked up the Matrix set on Blu Ray. Very curious to see how she looks. The first two flicks were really great, I thought. The third was a bit of a let down, but that was to be expected with so much anticipation built up in the first two.
Posted By: myrison Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/21/08 08:43 PM
Great, please let us know once you've given them a run-through!

Jason
Posted By: CV Re: Matrix Blu-Ray - 10/24/08 06:31 AM
I'm not a big enough fan, but if I was, I'd want the Japanese version:

Cool Stuff: Japan’s Ultimate Matrix Blu-Ray Gift Set
© Axiom Message Boards