Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak Free/one time cost TV over the Internet? - 11/13/08 07:57 PM
I was reading a newsletter I get today and it made mention of two sites to get TV over the Internet. The first one charges a one time fee of $50 for unlimited viewing. I'm not sure about the second. Has anyone tried either of these, and if so, what do you think? I would think if they do HD and you have a media center so you can still view on your TV, and they have enough bandwidth capacity that viewing isn't jumpy (I know, a lot of assumptions) this could be a good way to dump your monthly cable bill. It sounds like one of those too good to be true, must be a scam things though.

Freedom TV

Order info with additional info for Freedom TV

Joost
I usually just hit up the tv channel itself of hulu.com and get a lot for free.

I don't know if I'd pay anyone $50 for a TV watching service.
Agreed, Hulu is fantastic. Granted it's pretty much US only but it's great. It works on many platforms, there's even an hack for AppleTV.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Free/one time cost TV over the Internet? - 11/13/08 09:05 PM
I've used hulu for tv shows and like it...I'm thinking live sports though (live tv in general actually).
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Free/one time cost TV over the Internet? - 11/13/08 09:44 PM
If there's any way to watch auto racing online, I'd love to hear about it. That's half the reason I still have cable.
Removed because I clearly can't read... Doh!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Free/one time cost TV over the Internet? - 11/13/08 09:57 PM
Nevertheless, Nick, you still have to have an actual source for that TV, be it cable, dish, or antenna.
Posted By: Murph Re: Free/one time cost TV over the Internet? - 11/17/08 07:39 PM
My company offers a "TV on my PC" add on to our DSL service. It's only $9.95 a month for unlimited viewing but it's only 10 channels (the major networks) and it's only SD.

Now on the Other hand, we offer an truly, excellent, Digital TV service over our DSL High Speed. Close to 200 channels, including HD as of this week end, WHOO HOO!!! (This also explains my lack of sleep this weekend.)

So for your comparison, our full Digital TV service (real TVs fed over the Internet) is only $34.00 a month. I will let you decide if the $50 dollars for a PC solution fits it's feature set, since I don't know much else about the product.
© Axiom Message Boards