Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 01:17 AM
4 cups chicken broth, 2 stalks lemon grass, fresh ginger, 2 green chillis, fresh garlic, green onions simmered for 40 minutes.

Remove the chunks, put in some shrooms rice noodles and 8 lovely shrimp. Simmer 2 minutes.

Add chopped bok choi and sliced green onions and serve.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 01:20 AM
Is that a quick and dirty tom yum kai?
Posted By: fredk Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 01:42 AM
Urrp! Was.

I don't know. I got it as a lemon grass noodle soup recipe, but from the taste the broth is a base for a number of noodle soup type dishes. The Bok Choi was my improv. My way of adding vegies to the meal.
Posted By: merchman Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 01:46 AM
Sounds good. My tater tot casserole ain't gonna cut it now.
Posted By: SatKartr Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 01:48 AM
\:D
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 03:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: merchman
Sounds good. My tater tot casserole ain't gonna cut it now.

Meh, I'd take the Tater Tot Casserole... I love that stuff, and I am not a lover of seafood...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 03:47 AM
More sushi for me!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 04:26 AM
Still working on my mushroom tart and cole slaw. I'm not good at making dinner in time to actually eat it at a reasonable hour.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 07:10 PM
That sounds really good fredk. I like brothy soups with tons of noodles (the shrimp is a bonus:))

When I started reading your post, the first thing that came to mind was hot and sour soup.

Posted By: Murph Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 07:23 PM
Every time I have to travel to Halifax for work, I get Hot and Sour Soup delivered to my room from a little place called "The Wall". Travel = working evenings on the laptop to stay caught up for me so when it arrives, it's a real comfort food for me.

I've tried different recipes but can't duplicate this one at home. But that's not a bad thing. Gives me something to look forward to when I go.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/20/08 08:14 PM
Hot and sour soup is my favorite on a cold winters night. Very tasty!

This type of soup seems to have the ability to "cleanse" the body. It is an excellent choice for when you are sick and your sinus are acting up.
Posted By: merchman Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 12:39 AM
The tater tot casserole was pretty damn good. In fact I am finishing it off tonight. \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 02:45 AM
\:D I havn't had tater tots for a while. I'm trying to stay away from high fat foods since I'm not working so hard physically any more.
Posted By: merchman Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 02:50 AM
I try to work out everyday doing 12 ounce curls
Posted By: Murph Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 12:15 PM
A 12 ounce steak and curly fires, you say?
Posted By: CV Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 01:19 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
A 12 ounce steak and curly fires, you say?

Do I smell pubes burning?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 02:14 PM

"What is standing too close to the barbecue at the nudist colony."

"I'll take Incompatible Hobbies for $400, please."
Posted By: Murph Re: Mmmmmmm! - 11/21/08 02:37 PM
Ha Ha.. I meant to type "Curly Fries" but this actually turned out way more amusing.
© Axiom Message Boards