Axiom Home Page
Just checking to see if anyone bought anything cool today. Sears.com has some great online deals but their site has been down all day \:\(
I hit Amazon this morning and did the bulk of my Christmas shopping. Didn't really hit any super deals except for the buy two get one free Blu-ray sale.

I spent ten years in the retail world dealing with the hell of Black Friday face-to-face. Since I've left that field I've had no desire to get up early and go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

I think I'll head back to Amazon and look at more Blu-ray movie deals.
I bought, or should I say, ordered a Harman Kardon 3490 receiver this morning. Saved quite a bit of coin. Thanks Wid ;\)
On my way to work I drove by our one and only mall just before 4 this morning and the place was already packed, traffic was unbelievable and folks driving like idiots ... and this is in a relatively small town.

No way no how will I ever subject myself to that madness, even if they were giving the stuff away.
I've been shopping around online a bit while my in-laws are all out braving the stores. I haven't found anything that's really an 'oh wow' sort of price. Nothing that's on my list is discounted any more than it was a week ago. Certainly there are some good deals out there though. eCost is doing Wii's for $99 at random times throughout the weekend - I'd love to get in on that but it's just about being lucky.

I don't do the in-store sales. I know that there are some folks that really enjoy the mad rush and excitement of today. I've got a good friend that loves standing in line at Best Buy at 2am. Not for me though, I can't stand the crowds.
I scored the Transformers Blu-Ray for $10 at BB, but didn't bother going out till 7am. It was the only thing on my list, and I went just because I've never done the BF deals before.

Some people make a BF Deal over BF deals. {{Fist Bump}}

I could see if if I was looking to score $2K off a 58" Plasma, but there was nothing I would have waited in line for. I wasn't looking for any TV, computer, appliance or tool. No one had any decent receivers, the only thing I'm kinda in the market for!

I picked up Band of Brothers Blu as well, but it wasn't on sale...
Amazon has it for fifty bucks, Band of Brothers Blu-ray, that is.
Band of Brothers is the only thing I asked told my wife I wanted for Christmas.
I got it for $56 at Sam's.

I'm sorry Tom.
Still not a bad deal at all. Good pick up. I'm hoping Santa brings me the Blu-ray set.
The Blu-Ray set was cheaper than the standard DVD set in a few places I checked!
only things I got on Friday were Kung Fu Panda and Iron Man on blu-ray for $14.99 each.

I saw, but passed up on Trading Places, and Coming to America for $8.99 each (on blu-ray!) and The Untouchables at $9.99. I should have grabbed all three for gifts but like an idiot, I didn't.
I didn't get anything interesting. Well, I picked up a book on supercars, but that was at an "antique" shop.
I didn't go this year. I was hoping for a 5.1 or 7.1 home theater system for under 200 but no such luck. Should have bought it last black friday but I opted for an external hard drive at that time.
Any HT system for <$200 will likely sound about as good as it costs.
Any .1 home theater system for <$200 will likely sound as good as it costs...
Good one Steve. \:D

I did end up getting a new wireless router on Cyber Monday. Upgrading to N in the house to hopefully improve a few deadspots, as well as to extend the reach a bit further to my deck where the Algonquins are hanging.

Jason
© Axiom Message Boards