Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 03:44 PM

My luck is holding true to form. I order a new projector and the "replace bulb" warning comes on the one I’m using last night. I won’t get the new projector for about four weeks yet. I can’t in good conscience sell the old one with a failing bulb………

Do my frugal Axiom friends know of a good on-line source for reasonably priced bulbs?

The projector is a Panasonic PT1000U. 2136 hours on the bulb. Not too shabby life for a projector bulb I think.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 03:53 PM
Mike:
No suggestion on the bulb source, but wishing that your attitude towards a future buyer results in good Karma for you so your stuff stops catching fire, blowing up, and drinking your wine.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 05:32 PM
LOL.... You crack me up Mark. I doubt I’ll stop blowing things up any time soon, although I’ve been pretty fortunate the past few months, so maybe it’s a sign of good change….

Funny you mention Karma; I am a true believer and live by the golden rule. Well, at least I believe I do.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 06:03 PM
I went through the lamp search thing recently too. I even looked at getting a replacement "bulb" that is inside the housing and doing some DIY work to get it together. Cost for the bulb: $85 for my model, plus $10 for fireplace cement vs. $250 for a new lamp. Long story short, I decided to buy the full new OEM bulb for $250. I didn't feel comfortable using a drill press on my existing lamp housing and in hopes that I didn't trash it.

I got my bulb from http://www.advancedlamps.com/index.php

Here is the site where you can contact a user about the DIY method and getting a bulb for inside the lamp housing...
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthrea...25&pagenumber=1
Posted By: myrison Re: Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 10:04 PM
I ordered a lamp for my LCD TV almost exactly a year ago. I ordered it from Deadlamp.com and they did a great job for me. It died Thursday, shipped Friday, and arrived Saturday. All that and their price was one of the lowest I could find at the time as well.

Jason
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good place to buy projector bulbs? - 12/01/08 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info.. I am thinking about buying a backup bulb for my 2+ year old lcd rp... either that or just wait till it finally craps out and buy it then.
© Axiom Message Boards