Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko I look upon chickens with new admiration - 12/02/08 03:53 AM
Eerily cool chicken skills!

Why the hell did they evolve that skill?
hmmmmm.. very interesting
I'm putting a chicken on my Christmas list!
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel chickens, striking from a hidden coop, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

{{SNIPPED}}

Chicken Leader: It's no good, I can't maneuver! My head is all over the place!
Chicken Five: Stay on target.
Chicken Leader: We're too close!
Chicken Five: Stay on target!
Seeing Grease make them that way. Their attitude is now "Hey! Do whatever you want to me, nottin' well mess up my hair!"
Posted By: DaveG Re: I look upon chickens with new admiration - 12/02/08 01:41 PM
\:\/
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Eerily cool chicken skills!

My complete and utter guess would be that it's an evolution from being a predator. I'd guess that it would be beneficial to be able to keep their head still to watch prey. I'd also guess that most birds would react the same way. My uncle is an avid bird watcher, and I've been on a few bird counts with him in the past. I've seen many birds - especially birds of prey - do very similar things when tracking food while in flight. Their heads will stay locked on a target while their bodies & wings adjust to air currents.
Jeeez, Peter... THAT wasn't funny at all! \:\(
Posted By: Murph Re: I look upon chickens with new admiration - 12/02/08 03:56 PM
OMG! I was trying to eat peanuts and there are now peanut bits sprayed all over my desk!!

You guys need your own reality TV show!
Now that would be a reality show I would watch.
Posted By: Wid Re: I look upon chickens with new admiration - 12/02/08 04:50 PM

One thing I do know, they taste good \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards