Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk OUCH!! - 12/05/08 11:02 PM
Its been a nasty day for the manufacturing sector in Canada today, automotive and non-automotive alike.

It got personal for me today, but not as bad as for some. I have an extra two weeks off for christmas this year as even sales of smaller vehicles like the Corolla/matirix fall (I work for a Toyota seating supplier).

I hope thats as bad as it gets, but who knows at this point.

It will be a lot rougher for the 3rd shift at GM in Oshawa Ontario as they will be on indefinate layoff soon.

Hopefully others on this board are doing OK.
Posted By: DaveG Re: OUCH!! - 12/05/08 11:50 PM
Hi Fred, sorry to hear that the worlds economic woes have become personal for you.
Posted By: SatKartr Re: OUCH!! - 12/05/08 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Fred, hope the economy begins to turn around soon. \:\(
Posted By: BrenR Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 12:01 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
It got personal for me today.
Sorry to hear, hope things swing the other way pretty soon.

Funny, though... the salesman I'm trying to buy a car from (to replace the one I just had written off by a driver attempting to "beat a red") keeps insisting that he can't give me my price on a car since it's a seller's market right now... in an economic downturn... 20 days before Christmas. Riiiiight.

Bren R.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 12:53 AM
Seller's market? Is he kidding?

That's the funniest thing I've read all day!
Posted By: fredk Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 02:16 AM
Thanks guys. If this is as bad as it gets, I will be happy. Now I need to figure out what to do with the first week of January.

Bren. Thats funny! He must have learned how to spin from our politicians.
Posted By: jakewash Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 03:09 AM
Very sorry to hear that Fred, but like you said, it could be worse, at least it gives some more time to enjoy the Axioms and play around with your sound treatments etc.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 03:18 AM
We don't want to see one of the Big 3 go down either. Sorry to hear Toyota is having issues as well that are affecting you Fred.
Posted By: merchman Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 03:25 AM
Hang in there Fred. We are all hoping things get better.....real soon.
Posted By: fredk Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 04:36 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
We don't want to see one of the Big 3 go down either.

Nope, sure don't.
Posted By: jakewash Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 04:41 AM
I agree and yet part of me says GM deserves to go down, considering how poorly it was managed.
Posted By: JohnK Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 05:02 AM
Fred, hopefully your two week "ouch" won't be extended.
Posted By: BrenR Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 06:31 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Thanks guys. If this is as bad as it gets, I will be happy. Now I need to figure out what to do with the first week of January.

Bren. Thats funny! He must have learned how to spin from our politicians.
Well, hold out until we're in the market for a new car... our next one will be a Toyota.

And yeah... after giving that spiel yesterday, he called asking if I'd thought about a counter-counteroffer today. We'll see what else I find over the weekend.

Bren R.
Posted By: dyna Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 07:12 AM
hey fredk I'm guessing you're with TMI? I work at the actual toyota plant and we just got the news today too. But on the bright side now I'll have some time to finish the basement so I can setup and finally enjoy the new system.

ch33rs
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: OUCH!! - 12/06/08 11:57 AM
Hey Fred:
Sorry to hear the news. But like the others said, make the most of it! Read a couple of books you've been dying to read, watch a few of those classic movies you've always heard of but not seen, or just go spend the night in a city you've never visited.
© Axiom Message Boards