My complete setup is
2 M60
2 QS8
2 QS4
1 VP150
1 klipsch RW-12d Subwoofer
Onkyo SR 606
67" Samsung

needed the QS8, then and I needed more...more.... HELP... is there a cure?
Posted By: Wid Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 12:28 AM

No cure but congrats on a nice system....................pics, where are the pics \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 12:34 AM
Was your budget the reason for the Qs4's versus 4 Qs8's? Great setup, those 60's will be a rocking soon.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 01:28 AM
Nice Setup! \:\)

Let us know of your impressions of your new Axioms :). I have never heard the klipsch RW-12d so I will be very interested in some feedback on your low frequencies as well \:\) .

BTW welcome to the forum and congratualations on your purchase!
Posted By: wr5931 Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 06:02 AM
Just finished the Dark Knight, It was WOW.... I love the fact that I can turn up the volume and all of the details are still there. These speakers are amazing!!!! as far as getting the QS4 that had to do with the WAF.<she wanted those cute white cubes>I told here that the QS4 are that size:-> My first order from Axiom was QS8 I needed some surround speakers and after some research it looked like QS8 were the best for the money. After that I saved up and got the VP150... Then after that I could not stop and ordered the rest.
Now tell me how long do I need to break the speaker's in?
Most people say that they don't need to broken in, I disagree. My plan is to take the day off from work, rent 5 or 6 good blu ray's and "break in the speakers" I might have to take the rest of the week off to do it correctly!
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 07:59 AM
"My theory of break in: A slight subatomic warble frequency variance with an emphasis on bass redux phasing change after significant (5000+ hours) usage of speakers."
Posted By: Spoiler Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 12:30 PM
I'd say take the day off and enjoy the blu rays and your new speakers! They don't require break in. Congrats!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 12:34 PM
Break in period = Remaining Vacation time at work - Time needed to spend with the little woman to allow the NEXT purchase.

Wow. That was cold and sexist. Santa oughtta know better.
Posted By: myrison Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 12:52 PM
Agreed. Break-in should be defined as the amount of time you require to truly enjoy and acclimate to the sound of your speakers, not anything to do with changes occurring in the speakers.

By that definition, you've got awhile to go, but you get to enjoy it the entire time. \:\)
Posted By: DaveG Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 01:21 PM
Congrats on your new speakers, and your (break in) plan.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 01:27 PM
Your speakers don't need broken in, just enjoy them.
Posted By: Murph Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 02:14 PM
Wait now, I think DG has the right idea. His "break in" plan is a wonderful way to convince his wife that he needs to watch a bunch of movies right away. We should be supporting him both now in his brilliant idea and later on when she finds out and he is in the doghouse. \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: wr5931 Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 11:02 PM
Thanks Murph, That is what I was trying to do!!! So far it is working just need a few post from some "Expert's" that show that the speakers need to be exercised once a week by me watching movies with the sound up high...!!! by the way just to let you know again these speakers are great!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Got Mine Today - 12/24/08 11:05 PM
I was all for your 'break-in' theory, it sounded like the right idea to me. I have the next 12 days off and plan on using them running the M80s et al as much as possible, if not the M80s then the M22s.
Posted By: fredk Re: Got Mine Today - 12/25/08 08:50 PM
4-5 bottles (cases) of your favourite adult beverage and at least 10 ep's. That should break in something. ;\)

Edit: Experts agree, the beverages are critical!
© Axiom Message Boards