Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lucv13 Any skydivers - 02/10/09 08:36 AM
I don't know if this is of interest to anyone but my daughter just returned from a skydiving meet in Arizona - she was down there for 3 weeks and has produced a small video of one of her jumps you can see it here Skydiving

She wears a camera so she doesn't appear often but she has a pink and purple rig. Warning. - There is some language in the video for those that are sensitive
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 08:54 AM
That looked like fun!

Skydiving is one of those things on my list of things to do in life.
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 08:59 AM
Yea well good luck with that

Imagine!! jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!!!!

she now has 485 jumps
Posted By: RickF Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 01:52 PM
Cool, 485 jumps? She's been doing it for quite a while.

Not me, but the little missus jumped for her 50th birthday a couple of years back, you can tell by her face that she had a blast..
Skydive
Skydive

I've got over 12k hours flying and there's no way I'd ever make a jump out of an airplane, no way.
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 02:05 PM
Rick is right, us pilots will do anything and everything we can to get into an airplane, no need to get out any sooner than we have too.

paul
Posted By: Murph Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 02:10 PM
I only have a few jumps from a ways back but it's definitely the most adrenaline induced euphoria I have ever experienced.

I could write a short story about the dilapidated wreck of an airplane that I had my first experience in. Let's just say that we thought that the instructors diving out of it upon arrival was just to psyche us up but we found out later it was because they refused to land in it.
Posted By: Ascension Re: Any skydivers - 02/10/09 08:27 PM
I jumped 4 times back when I was about 21 or 22 years old. That was the biggest rush of my life. I had to do static line though ( It was either that or tandem jumping, which I would prefer the static line ). It was a blast though!

It's one thing to try at least once in your lifetime. It's a very weird feeling when you pass through a cloud then see birds flying underneath you!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Any skydivers - 02/11/09 12:44 AM
Do they have a wheelchair ramp out the side of the plane?
Posted By: fredk Re: Any skydivers - 02/11/09 01:21 AM
Skydiving is one of the few things I have backed out of. Couldn't do it.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Any skydivers - 02/11/09 01:38 AM
Your daughter should watch her f&*@ing language! \:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Any skydivers - 02/11/09 02:45 AM
Nice video! Out of a Baloon no less. Looks like a LOT of fun, but freefall scares the crap out of me.
Posted By: lucv13 Re: Any skydivers - 02/11/09 05:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Your daughter should watch her f&*@ing language! \:D

Well like she said she was @##!ing scared

She sent me an email while she was there saying that skydiving is safe compared to Base jumping
Posted By: michael_d Re: Any skydivers - 02/12/09 05:43 PM
Everyone needs to Skydive.

I'd like to try this.....

http://vimeo.com/2720203
Posted By: Adrian Re: Any skydivers - 02/12/09 06:06 PM
Wow!! I saw a program on that last year, incredible (to some incredibly stupid I guess). You definitely have to know what your doing there esp when you begin because you need some speed to do your manuevers.
© Axiom Message Boards