Axiom Home Page

Since the beginning the BR/HD war, I’ve been buying disks at Amazon. They always had the best prices, and they didn’t screw me on shipping. Shipping was free and they would send them priority mail. I’d have them in four or five days. Things have changed now. Amazon’s prices have gone up and they send them to me snail mail. Also, there’s something odd going on with their system lately. Their selection isn’t as good and they don’t tend to keep the older disks.

I’m looking for different options to buy BR disks. We already have Net-flix. I’m looking for an alternative to Amazon to buy them.
Posted By: CV Re: Where y’all buying your BluRay disks now? - 02/22/09 07:54 PM
I still use Amazon.com, and yeah, I know what you mean. I still enjoy the 2-day shipping as I'm a member of Amazon.com Prime, but I do less preordering now, as a little patience yields better prices.
Amazon with prime here. Yeah, you pay for prime but there is some satisfaction from 2day and I tend to buy a few times a month. I'm close to the Sparks, NV warehouse so it ends up being 1 day shipping.

You might also check Gizmodo. They have a deals of the day thread and many times it has BR movie deals.
I love the amazon prime and it has great WAF once you set up her computer with auto login (oops, that's costing me, what one hand gives the other takes away, don't take me literally on that one, Kaching!), however the selection with regard to blurays does seem to suffer from overpricing and limited selection.

Are there other convenient options?
Generally I go with Amazon prime also, no tax, 2day service.
Posted By: CV Re: Where y’all buying your BluRay disks now? - 02/23/09 01:27 AM
Unfortunately, I have to pay the tax, but yeah 2-day shipping has spoiled me.
Tax? Why, do you live near the Amazon mother lode?
Posted By: CV Re: Where y’all buying your BluRay disks now? - 02/23/09 01:37 AM
I live in Washington, pay the tax since they're based in Washington, but then have to wait the full two days since they ship from out of state. It's pretty sick.
Hmmmm... sucks to be you.

Oh yeah, sucks to be me because I don't have two EP 800's... never mind \:\(
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
Hmmmm... sucks to be you.

Oh yeah, sucks to be me because I don't have two EP 800's... never mind \:\(

\:D \:D \:D
I saw some bluray disks for sale at a local pawn shop for 10 bucks each...
So it looks as if Amazon is the only game in town... I supose I should look into the Prime option.
Barnes & Noble might be another option for you. I have bought cds and dvds, but no BR's. I have been able to find some harder to find DVDs through them, but they are not the cheapest place.
Anyone know the deal with Silence of the Lambs on blu-ray. I've heard/seen that it's due out at the beginning of March, but it's still not listed on amazon.com as available even for pre-order.
Not sure why Silence of the Lambs isn't showing up on Amazon, but you can get it here CD Universe I've used them before and have been happy with their service.
Posted By: Eno Re: Where y’all buying your BluRay disks now? - 02/26/09 11:21 PM
I buy many of my DVDs from DeepDiscountDVD. I don't have BluRay yet, but they have decent prices on them.
© Axiom Message Boards