Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 05:52 AM
Or after meeting them here you can meet them somewhere else! Take tomtuttle, for instance. Here's a guy who lives in Washington state. And here I am all the way down near New Orleans. Tom took some time and contacted me and we got together for some good local brew, some great local food at a very not tourist restaurant, and a good bit of conversation. Surprisingly, there was very little talk about audio related things. And a good time was had by all. So if you get the chance to put a face with an avatar, or in Tom's case, he made the chance happen, by all means do it. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, Tom!

Scott
Posted By: CV Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 06:13 AM
So far, I've only met Sean, but there are plenty here I'd love to meet, Aunt Tom included. Besides more intimate encounters (stop reading too much into that), I'm hoping I can attend a huge Axiom get-together one of these years and cross several of you off my list at once (maybe don't read too much into that one, too).
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 06:21 AM
I figure if I keep moving to different states I can avoid everyone. . . .
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 10:42 AM
Scott, those photos of your get together are amazing!!

Oh wait.... there were no photos!

I really, really, think Axiom should host a get together this year... though it won't be the same without Amie being involved in some capacity!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 01:08 PM
I'm sure she wouldn't miss it, Mark. After all, she lives not too far away. \:\)

I agree with the Scott's assessment. Every single person I've met through the forum has been much better than your average human. \:\)
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 03:31 PM
Scott, I have been remiss in not publicly lauding our encounter. Thank you for taking the initiative.

We had a truly spectacular dinner at a quintessential New Orleans place recommended by Scott. The food, brew and company were exquisite. Scott made quite a sacrifice of family weeknight time to drive all the way into NOLA from his home. I want to especially thank him for his thoughtful and generous gift of wonderful Lazy Magnolia Pecan Ale. The beer also came with a great story, which is Scott's to tell.

We easily found shared joys and shared values. Scott is the kind of person that makes "meeting new friends" such an exhilarating and fulfilling part of life. I am grateful to him for a memorable evening, and especially for his ongoing friendship.

No, Mark, we consciously chose to honor your profession by eschewing photographic record of the encounter.

You guys make the internet a slightly less scary place. So far.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 05:01 PM
I've talked to many of you over the phone, can't wait to meet in person some day.
Posted By: BrenR Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 05:35 PM
I've only met SidVicious from here, and he's a hell of a nice guy.

Bren R.
Posted By: Adrian Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 05:41 PM
I've not met anyone in person from the forum but I'll say there are many, many people on here with a great sense of humour. As someone with a very limited knowledge of stereo/video, people have been very helpfull and friendly to me on this forum. ::choking up:: ....errr, except I had more $$ before I talked to you guys.
Posted By: jakewash Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 05:52 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
except I had more $$ before I talked to you guys.
We all did. It's Ian's fault
Posted By: SirQuack Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 06:08 PM
There is always the "are you afraid to show your face thread" for those newbies. \:\)
Posted By: medic8r Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 06:16 PM
And as a public service to those n00bs, here's the link to said thread. Right said thread.

A lot of the links have died, so there's a fair amount of white space where there used to be pictures, but there's still gold in them thar hills.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 06:19 PM
As old as that thread is, we should be posting newer / updated photos.

That thread is so old, some of the middle-aged people that posted now look like jack in real life. And Jack? Well.... <<Shudder>>
Posted By: medic8r Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 07:47 PM
LOL, let's get more pix in there, people.
Posted By: Ajax Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 08:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
As old as that thread is, we should be posting newer / updated photos.

That thread is so old, some of the middle-aged people that posted now look like jack in real life. And Jack? Well.... <<Shudder>>

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 08:42 PM
Jack, is that a puddle of drool under that emoticon, or what?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 08:45 PM
In this case, I think it's venom.

Jack knows I love him and only make posts such as these to goad him into a response.... so I know he visited the forum today.

It's kinda my way of helping him to stay regular....
Posted By: Ajax Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/18/09 09:56 PM

Posted By: jakewash Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/19/09 06:30 AM
\:D
Posted By: a401classic Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/19/09 08:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Scott, those photos of your get together are amazing!!

Oh wait.... there were no photos!

I really, really, think Axiom should host a get together this year... though it won't be the same without Amie being involved in some capacity!

Sorry, no pics... Sorts like Vegas - what happens in New Orleans, stays in New Orleans.

Being completely selfish here, but New Orleans could use the tourism, so I think Axiom should host a convention down here. Just a thought.

Scott
Posted By: a401classic Re: You meet the nicest people here! - 03/19/09 08:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Scott, I have been remiss in not publicly lauding our encounter. Thank you for taking the initiative.

We had a truly spectacular dinner at a quintessential New Orleans place recommended by Scott. The food, brew and company were exquisite. Scott made quite a sacrifice of family weeknight time to drive all the way into NOLA from his home. I want to especially thank him for his thoughtful and generous gift of wonderful Lazy Magnolia Pecan Ale. The beer also came with a great story, which is Scott's to tell.

We easily found shared joys and shared values. Scott is the kind of person that makes "meeting new friends" such an exhilarating and fulfilling part of life. I am grateful to him for a memorable evening, and especially for his ongoing friendship.

No, Mark, we consciously chose to honor your profession by eschewing photographic record of the encounter.

You guys make the internet a slightly less scary place. So far.

Wow. Tom, you are much better with the word than I, but the sentiment is the same. As far as the beer goes, I was actually curious if your avatar was a likeness and wanted to see what a squirrel looked like drinking pecans (as opposed to eating them). LOL

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards