Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 04:18 AM
I had to take something for a coworker to work today, and it was in a plastic grocery bag. I thought, You know, this would be a lot cooler if I was holding Medusa's head by the snake hair. After some brief searching online, I don't see anything like what I want. All I see are bags that have the image of Medusa on the side, at best. It seems like a truly wasted opportunity not to have her head BE the bag, with snake hair handles. I'm hoping someone may have ideas on how I can get one of these made, potentially with suggestions on materials, if there's anyone you personally know who could pull it off, or perhaps someone could point me in the direction of an online resource that may be able to help me? It might be nice if the person making it could also save the design in case I want another one made in the future, so if they have the capacity for more than one-offs, that would be a major plus.

Thanks for any ideas you may have!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 05:07 AM
Charles. . . . . . . . .are you okay?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 05:41 AM
Are you genuinely concerned?
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 11:55 AM
I'm envisioning a large airbrush painted face on the bag topped with rubber snakes from a novelty store. Should be easy enough. You might need to reinforce the bag with a real shopping bag inside to prevent the weight of the snakes from ripping the plastic though.

You will need some serious Emo clothes to complete the look though.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 12:06 PM

If you must... \:\)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12716782
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 12:20 PM
I think Charles wanted an actual, empty, head-shaped container.

We'll all be on the news stating things like "He seemed like such a nice, normal person"..... "He was a quiet, likable forum member".... "He stalked me for years"..... Well, that last one wouldn't be quoted unless a certain female performer became a forum member.... but, still...
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 03:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I think Charles wanted an actual, empty, head-shaped container.

You really set people up with that line: "Doesn't he already have one? It's even ugly!"
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 03:51 PM
But yes, you're right, I don't just want an image printed on a bag.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 03:57 PM
 Originally Posted By: Murph
I'm envisioning a large airbrush painted face on the bag topped with rubber snakes from a novelty store. Should be easy enough. You might need to reinforce the bag with a real shopping bag inside to prevent the weight of the snakes from ripping the plastic though.

You will need some serious Emo clothes to complete the look though.

Your idea would probably work, but I was thinking of something a little more involved, actually, even though it's one of those out-of-the-blue ideas. I'm kind of scared how much something as nice as I want would cost, but it would be funny to have.

Do I just need Emo clothes, or do I have to start wearing makeup?
Posted By: davekro Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 04/03/09 05:14 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Are you genuinely concerned?

Charles,
It is faux concern, but it is GENUINE faux concern!
Like Mark said about all of us being on the news and all...
I'm concerned we might not have the time for that!
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 07:15 AM
Well, I joined Etsy and placed a listing, so hopefully people bid and I can have it made. Wish me luck!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 01:29 PM
They're gonna think your weird.

Too.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 01:35 PM
I've got two bids already. After I get a couple more I'll have you guys look at their profiles and ideas for how they'd make the bag. You can help me decide who gets to make it.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 04:32 PM
Whoa, four more bids now. Here, I'll start posting them.

Quote:
Bid from ComestibleKid Request changes

Cost of item:
$250.00

Shipping cost:
$5.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
hi, i can make your head for you, probably out of fabric mostly, but it may need have a bit of support from something like a light plastic mesh. i can definitely do it though, it would be a really fun project, i can picture it perfectly
tell me what you think,
terry

Payment Terms:
due up front

Shipping Terms:
1st class

Quote:
Bid from pattio Request changes

Cost of item:
$200.00

Shipping cost:
$10.35

Completion date:
Aug 31, 2009

Description:
I envision a rounded tote bag with some areas stuffed with batting to give them depth. Her eyes would be closed, and her mouth partly open. There would need to be some paint and/or appliques to give her detail. I don't think her face needs to be grey or blue; just pale. I envision lots of snake "hair" both hanging and attached around the sides, back and wrapping around handles. This would be fabric wrapped cotton cord 3/4" and 1" widths. It would be lined with a couple of pockets inside and could close with a magnetic snap.
You won't see anything like this on my shop site! But, everything there is my own pattern.

Payment Terms:
Paypal or check; 1/2 in advance and 1/2 upon completion, but before shipping

Shipping Terms:
U.S. Postal priority box

Quote:
Bid from AmysArtWorld Request changes

Cost of item:
$300.00

Shipping cost:
$0.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
A medusa bag with dreadlock stuffed snake hair, embroidered eyes , some sparkle and flare- I make purses quilted and reversible -I also made this pillow and wanted you to see it as an example of my work in creativity when someone wanted 2 pillows inspired by horror. http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7904570

Payment Terms:
half up front half upon completion

Shipping Terms:
post office

Quote:
Bid from squarejane Request changes

Cost of item:
$90.00

Shipping cost:
$6.00

Completion date:
Jun 9, 2009

Description:
Hi there. This is such an awesome and fun idea i would absolutely LOVE to make this for you.

I have all kinds of material that is perfect for making totes including but not limited to super durable vinyl in many colors. great for tote bags. I would suggest the light greeny color i have for the face and an extra durable shoulder strap... Hair would be made of brown, green and black vinyl that would then be attached to the head and up the strap to make the strap almost invisible... naturally, all of those snakes would have eyes and tongues.

i would sketch up the imagery before starting to be sure you were content with the look. Bag would be fully lined and have inside pockets for your stuff.

Payment Terms:
once drawings have been agreed upon and work has started.

Shipping Terms:
well packaged and shipped via parcel post.

Quote:
Bid from BrandysHenNChicks Request changes

Cost of item:
$199.99

Shipping cost:
$0.00

Completion date:
Nov 9, 2009

Description:
Hello!

I would love to make this bag for you! I think it would be a lot of fun. I would use burlap or muslin for the head. I would color parts of the face so it is not just one color- like browns or greens. I could put in glass eyes, made by an etsyan, to make it really creepy!

The snakes will be made of different colors and maybe textures of cotton and other materials. They can wrap and twist and mangle around the handles and also around the head.

To shape the face, I will stitch and stuff so it has lots of features and character- not just flat and boring.

You can see my shop at BrandysHenNChicks.etsy.com - now these items are not as artistic as Medusa's Head, which is a cool idea, but you can see the quality of my work here. I do a good job and take my time to do it. I use other mediums as well including clay, paper, paint, etc.

Please let me know if you are interested in working with me \:\)

Payment Terms:
pay after complete

Shipping Terms:
usps parcel post

Quote:
Bid from imacreativesoul Request changes

Cost of item:
$150.00

Shipping cost:
$15.00

Completion date:
Jun 19, 2009

Description:
I think this is a cool idea and I work a lot with fabrics and airbrushing on fabrics. So I already have a good idea of what to do in my head. I have manufactured and made fabric clothing and bags all my life. My site is not set up on here yet because I just joined, but I really really need work! I have been out of work for over 6 months now and I'm about to lose my home, so if you are willing to take a chance on me I promise it will be worth it! Thanks for your consideration. Amy

Payment Terms:
25% to start, balance due when ready to ship

Shipping Terms:
boxed UPS or Fedex Ground

What do you guys think? So far, I like squarejane, and not just because she gave the lowest estimate. I thought her stuff had a lot of character.

I'm happy that some of them seem genuinely excited at the opportunity.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 04:35 PM
Oh, and here was my listing in case you wanted to see.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 07:49 PM
"I was struck with the thought that it would be much cooler if I was carrying around Medusa's head."

Seriously: JP?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 08:50 PM
"I was struck with the thought that it would be much cooler if I was carrying around Medusa's head."

Come on, you could call me Purseus when I'm using it to carry home my Gorgonzola cheese.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 08:51 PM
Also, here's another bid:

Quote:
Bid from redbarbi Request changes

Cost of item:
$250.00

Shipping cost:
$5.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
I would love love love to make this, I put your price but I'm sure it would be less. I make totes all the time, hate grocery bags, like different ones all the time. Please check my feedbacks, many are custom orders and returning customers, I give 150% on all projects.

Payment Terms:
paypal rme money order

Shipping Terms:
first class or drive over the mts.

Posted By: medic8r Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 10:22 PM
 Originally Posted By: CV
Come on, you could call me Purseus when I'm using it to carry home my Gorgonzola cheese.

CV is the Oscar Wilde of the Axiom forums, I think.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/24/09 11:32 PM
Hey, I'll take that. \:\)

Here's another bid (I'm actually surprised at the response so far):

Quote:
Bid from faeryspellcreations Request changes

Cost of item:
$200.00

Shipping cost:
$10.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
Hello!

I would love to do this for you!

I create bags with soft sculpture, handpainted and needlesculpted fairy, goddess and mythic faces. I even have a medusa bag that I did some time ago, here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...mageID=49753814

That version is a small, evening bag, but your idea for a large tote, with medusas hair incorporated as the handles, is so intriguing and I'd love to make it.

You can see more of my bags by peeking through my sold items in my shop:

http://www.faeryspellcreations.etsy.com

some on my website:

http://www.faeryspellcreations.com

and some in the 'faery wear' photo album on the albums page on my myspace, too:

http://www.myspace.com/faeryspellcreations

Each of my bags are one of a kind, and fully customizable as to fabrics, colors, etc. If you have any favorite photos of the kind of medusa face you are after, I would be happy to style your bag after that as well \:\)

Payment Terms:
half down to begin order, balance due when finished

Shipping Terms:
Priority Mail or Fed Ex

Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 08:33 AM
I got another bid today.

Quote:
Bid from ferdworthi

Cost of item:
$100.00

Shipping cost:
$20.00

Completion date:
Nov 10, 2009

Description:
What a creative idea! I can submit some desing drawings and example pictures if you give me dimension requirements. I do alot with manipulating and sculpting fabric and materials in the flowers that I make and this is right up my alley. I can do wonders with fabric sculpture and still make it look decently stylish.

Payment Terms:
Half down, remainder due upon receipt.

Shipping Terms:
USPS Priority

I also got this followup message:

Quote:
Sorry to start a convo so soon, but I love the idea of this purse. I want to make it a reality for you and add it to my repertoire. Just look at this picture I found online... It serves as a stylistic direction for me. Less color and cartoon like caricature but of a more stylish monochromatic, stone-like, sculptural, and earthy quality.
What an interesting way to deliver the medusa idea - realistically, but without the cheesiness that it could easily contain if done wrong. And since you are not supposed to actually look her in the eyes anyways... the stoniness makes her less human. The felted wool would lend the support needed to keep her structure where the one pictured would be susceptible to loosing the form. The snakes - not fully dimensional but perhaps 3/4 or half dimensional (so they meld into the purse and don't flail about) can slither and writhe up the straps. We could put some glinting tiny gems in their eyes too - and maybe hers for that matter (red or green, scary, don't look!).
Here also is a picture of a tiny needle felted wool roving face and body of a mermaid I've been working on. So you know I am capable of the sculptural aspect. Her left eye is not finished and her tail is not fully covered in sequins and beading yet, but you get the idea. As for the sewing, pattern construction, and design, I've been sewing and constructing patterns for 20 years and have a successful professional apprenticeship under my belt. I do this Etsy thing for the joy of it and this project seems just what I'm in it for.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 10:00 AM
Seriously. Shouldn't you re-consider and ask someone to make you a topless mermaid tote?
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 11:05 AM
I was surprised that none of the other applicants provided pictures. I was really looking forward to examples of thee peoples work. You really need pictures to judge their sense of style and quality of work.

I'd at least ask the shortlist for pics and ask them to forward any topless mermaid photos directly to Mark's email for convenience. That way you don't show up on any Internet 'Watchdog' lists. ;\)
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 11:05 AM
I was surprised that none of the other applicants provided pictures. I was really looking forward to examples of thee peoples work. You really need pictures to judge their sense of style and quality of work.

I'd at least ask the shortlist for pics and ask them to forward any topless mermaid photos directly to Mark's email for convenience. That way you don't show up on any Internet 'Watchdog' lists. ;\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 11:46 AM
Cool! I'll get twice as many photos!
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 12:59 PM

Most of them have pictures of their work in their shops on Etsy, which I linked their screen names to in their bids.
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 01:12 PM
Oopps, I'll have to look closer.
While I'd probably never personally pay for a Medusa head tote bag, I love checking out off the wall, Urban Art.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 01:38 PM
Me? I like boobies.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 03:14 PM
Looking at Medusa's breasts only turns part of your body to stone.
Posted By: fredk Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 03:36 PM
\:D
Posted By: fredk Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 03:38 PM
That last one seems like a real winner CV. She seems to have a sense for how the fabric texture and colour will add to the overall work.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 03:49 PM
Me? I like boobies.

Amen, my brother.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/27/09 06:00 PM
wtf... ? \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/31/09 08:03 PM
Well, the pressure's on to have the bags turn out well. I sent Marina a message about the idea, and how I was thinking of giving her one. Then I reconsidered and decided the thing that should happen is she should take the idea, get with a designer she likes, and have a version of the bag made to be sold as part of her official merchandise. Since she seems to like ancient Greece and outlandish fashion choices, it seemed like a good fit. I told her that she could still have one of the bags I'm having made, but that she should consider having her own made when she's propelled into superstar status. She responded and said she would love to have one of the bags, that she's not ready for merch quite yet but probably would be in about 6 weeks, and it would be great to have a sample to show people. How cool is that? It would so neat to have an idea of mine live out there in the world instead of just in my house or my head.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/31/09 09:42 PM
Excellent!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/31/09 09:53 PM
 Quote:
It would so neat to have an idea of mine live out there in the world instead of just in my house or my head.

The world braces!

;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 05/31/09 10:37 PM
I guess that should have been "It would be so neat [...]" I keep dropping words or making horrible typos when chatting with people these days.

And yeah, here's hoping the world can take a joke. \:\)
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/06/09 06:19 AM
Let's say I wanted to make my own version of the bag, even though I have no skillz. Does anyone know where I can buy hollow plastic female heads that can easily be cut in half (so I can modify them to open, perhaps accordion-style)? I was thinking of twining old, unused computer cables to form the snakes. I'll have to find some inspiration for the snake heads. As for Medusa's facial features, I'll have to think of what I can do to a generic female face, assuming I can even find any that would serve the purpose.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/06/09 06:21 AM
Not panning out with the artists, huh?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/06/09 06:29 AM
Oh, it's fine. The first bag is almost done. Or it could be done. She said she would probably be done tonight, and she'll mail it on Monday. I don't know when the other two will be able to start their versions. For some reason I still feel like I should try to make something myself.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/07/09 06:50 PM
Well, the first bag (by squarejane) is done. She'll be mailing it tomorrow. Here are the pictures she took.

http://twinbabyoracles.com/images/medusa_bag_close_1.jpg
http://twinbabyoracles.com/images/medusa_bag_close_2.jpg
http://twinbabyoracles.com/images/medusa_bag_close_3.jpg
http://twinbabyoracles.com/images/medusa_bag_full_1.jpg
http://twinbabyoracles.com/images/medusa_bag_full_2.jpg

My own version would have been more three-dimensional, but I think this one turned out well. It's nice to see how other people interpret the idea. I think it would be really hard to find someone who could pull off what's in my head, so I think it was more important to find people who were excited to make it, then let them make it in the way they're good at. I'm eager to see what the other two come up with, so we'll see when they can fit my project in.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/07/09 07:54 PM
That's not what I had envisioned, either, but I appreciate her take on the idea.

Charles, I'm not sure anyone can pull off what's in your head.

Ha ha, I mean that as a compliment!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/07/09 08:48 PM
I like it, but the vision I had in my head would have had loopy and dangly bits pooping out all over it.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/07/09 08:52 PM
\:\) I appreciate your choice of words.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 12:18 AM
Yeah, not really what I had in mind, either. You're going to have quite a collection of these things, aren't you?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 12:22 AM
Maybe. We'll see how many get made before I'm onto the next thing (which is looking like custom coins, as soon as I can think of a good idea for my own currency).
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 01:10 AM
Easy! Buy your own island and start your own mini-empire. Make gummi coins. People will either be fat or rich!
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 11:59 AM
A bit 'purse like' as I originally thought you were after a shopping type bag but I do like the face. The snakes seem a bit thrown together like she spent a lot of time on the face but the snakes were rushed in afterthought. All in all, a good beta project.

Honest opinion, hope you don't mind.
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 12:06 PM
Hey, if you find someone who makes custom coins, I'd consider commissioning one with a figure head on one side and a whale on the other. "Heads or Whales."

Why?
My brother's girlfriend is a marine biologist who specializes in whales. Last Christmas I got a trophy base made then added a whale with a golf ball glued to it's blow hole. The inscription read "The sea was angry that day, my friend!" You must be a "Seinfeld" fan to appreciate the humor.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 04:23 PM
Honest opinion, hope you don't mind.

I don't mind. The bag in my head is a bit more badass, less cartoonish.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/08/09 04:24 PM
The inscription read "The sea was angry that day, my friend!" You must be a "Seinfeld" fan to appreciate the humor.

I appreciate it. \:D
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/09/09 03:39 AM
I've just begun designing my own Perseus Man Bag!

Wait, maybe it'd be more apropos to design a Perseus hat for CV?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/09/09 04:33 AM
Is this the cap that gives me invisibility? I'm all for it.
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/09/09 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure this WTF hat would NOT make you invisible. It's bright pink and smells like watermelon! Please, Major Leagues, tell me this is a joke.

Scratch & Sniff Watermelon Hat.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 07:06 PM
I got that first bag today. It does look cool in person, but yeah, I definitely know I want a different version.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 07:35 PM
We want pics of you sporting it.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 10:23 PM
I wouldn't want to steal Teri's thunder, and it probably wouldn't fit in the bag, anyway.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 10:25 PM
So, it's more like a tea bag?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 10:28 PM
I pity the fool who drinks stone cold tea, Mister.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/13/09 10:34 PM
\:D
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/14/09 04:20 AM
I've read this thread a few times over, and have failed to comment. A few sarcastic lines ran through my head that incorporated several ideas such as PatGuy and CV getting an apartment, how a male is so interested in a handbag, and if wearing snakes on your head would give you the same, odd people reaction.

I ultimately came to this:

Why?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/14/09 04:53 AM
I liked the idea, couldn't find anyone who'd made one, so it came down to me making it happen or letting the opportunity pass me by.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/14/09 05:36 AM
I respect your go getter attitude :-)
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/14/09 05:40 AM
Now if only I could apply it to my pursuit of women, right? Instead of just objects, I mean. Hey, maybe it would help if I viewed women as objects.
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/15/09 04:46 PM
You mean "objects of your affection" right?

Wait, there don't seem to be any females lurking here anymore I can go with my original line..

"You mean objjjj

[Wait] [Who's behind me] [must backspace faster!!!!!!!!]
[Tooo late!]

[oooh that smarts....]
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 06/27/09 07:22 PM
\:\)

Well, I shipped out that bag to Marina today. Here's hoping she at least gets a kick out of it. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 04:13 AM
The bag has been delivered, so now it's the wait until Marina actually gets around to picking it up from her label.

Here is the first picture of the second Medusa bag being worked on:

It will be interesting to see how it progresses.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 05:09 AM
That looks more like it.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 05:19 AM
I like the potential of that one so far.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 11:01 AM
Seriously? I'm pretty sure it's something a cat threw up!
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 12:49 PM
Medusa would consider that a compliment.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/07/09 12:52 PM
\:\)

It was more a comment on the photography than the bag.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/08/09 02:02 AM
What does the market analysis look like, Charles?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/08/09 02:07 AM
I don't know. How much do you charge for a market analysis?
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/14/09 12:34 PM
For that, he'd have to analyze the market for market analysis.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/14/09 01:43 PM
\:\) I wonder how much he'd charge himself for that.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 03:56 AM
Here's the final form of #2.

I like how it makes me think of a statue overrun with vines. My coworker thought it looked a little scary, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that considering whose head it's supposed to be. I still think the snake handles could be done a little better/more subtly, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It will be fun to show it off at work.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 04:33 AM
So, this is your daily bag?

Looks impressive.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 05:22 AM
I like that one better.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 05:37 AM
Yes, that is more like what I envisioned. It is definitely creepy, and like you said, statuesque. I really think it's captures the gist of Medusa.

Good thing she doesn't have eyes to stare at!
Posted By: Murph Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 12:04 PM
Wow, that crafter did a great job. It definitely creeps me out (as it should) but has an artsy feel to it as well.

I like the concept of the face being well formed but rather void. After all, how many people who see the Medusa get to reveal what they saw afterwards?

I will honestly that I say wouldn't have the self confidence to use it as a daily bag, except maybe on a dare, but pass on my compliments to the artist. He/she truly envisioned the aura of the mysterious Medusa.

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 12:19 PM
Nice job!

I like this one much better than the last. Can you use this one to turn the previous ones' crafter to stone?
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/15/09 05:04 PM
A little harsh, Mark. \:\) But yeah, I like how this one turned out more. I can't wait to see it in person.

I like the concept of the face being well formed but rather void. After all, how many people who see the Medusa get to reveal what they saw afterwards?

Yeah, I thought it was a smart way to approach the idea.
Posted By: CV Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/21/09 04:44 AM
The completed listing for the item, with a couple more pictures

I received the second bag in the mail today. I do like it, but it definitely doesn't look durable. If I could have something similar but with a shorter handle and made out of stronger materials, I think I'd be there.
Posted By: fredk Re: Medusa's head as a tote bag - 07/21/09 08:59 AM
Very cool!! The snakes could be more subtle, but that would change the character of the bag completely. This one's a winner.
© Axiom Message Boards