Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 01:50 AM
Hey guys:
I (FINALLY!) went through my 2008 concert season photos and assembled them here. Nothing like being a bit behind on things, huh? \:\)

Within a week, I should have my new website done too! THAT, I've only been waiting 4-5 years to get done! \:\)
Posted By: Meddy Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 03:10 PM
Hi Mark

Great photos. Must be thrilling to be up close to photograph all the bands you get to see !!

I did happen to notice two pictures though that you may have mislabelled. The picture of Keith Howland of Chicago is actually Jason Scheff, and the picture of James Young of Styx is, I believe, Lawrence Gowan. Not trying to be picky but thought you would want to know.
Posted By: RickF Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 03:11 PM
Tight work and awesome pictures there Mark .... what's going to be different with the new site from the website you have now? I think it looks great.

There are some pics in there I sure wouldn't mind having a copy of, great stuff.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 05:09 PM
I like how Donna Summer is almost grabbing her own breast. Nice work, Mark! I mean that for all the pics, not just that one. \:\)
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 05:17 PM
Great pictures Mark!! I agree with Rick, the website you have going now looks great.

What do you have for a camera setup? I really enjoy photography and will be upgrading from my Canon G3 within a year or two. I'd share a couple, but yours puts mine to shame \:\) .
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 06:57 PM
Those are fabulous Mark! How was the Boston concert?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/22/09 08:46 PM
Meddy- Thanks for the "heads up" regarding Styx members! I have to admit, sometimes if a bands' website is not crystal-clear regarding band members, I'm guessing a bit! I took more photos at the Styx concert than any other band-opening band concert (some shows have 4 or 5 performers, and, of course, I shot more there). But the Styx concert was truly one of the best, and I'm not a particularly big Styx fan. Those guys just had fun, they sounded tight, and the smoke / lights , etc...were great.

They opened for Boston, whom I had much more hope for initially. But Boston was "good" and not excellent, and everyone there agreed that Styx put on a far better show. Of course, this was early in Boston's first tour with their new singer. He was very talented, but.... I don't know...they just seemed a bit "off"...

Regarding the website, that site is only a photo-hosting site that I use to upload customer proofs for them to make their selection or family photos for relatives to share. It's not my business website, which is horribly out of date! \:\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/23/09 12:20 PM
Great work, as usual, Mark. Please let us know when the new web site is up and running. I'll be eager to see it. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/23/09 04:04 PM
awesome Mark, thanks so much. I got to meet Tom and the guys from Boston at a concert back in the day when Brad Delp (RIP) was still with Boston. I won some back stage passes. Tom was a very nice guy, and very smart, MIT grad. \:\) One of my favorite bands of all time.
Posted By: Murph Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/26/09 01:16 PM
Great Pictures Mark!!!
Quality work in what must be a distracting environment.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/26/09 06:00 PM
Just great, as always, Mark. Thank you very much for taking the time to share the pictures with us.
Posted By: Adrian Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/26/09 09:59 PM
Nice pics Mark. Anyone think Ian Anderson looks a lot like Neil Peart in that pic? Mark, any chance of some Kylie Minogue pictures? maybe in heels and a short skirt...like in that video of her's....err, not that I have a thing for her, or anything...I mean I do have a 'thing' for her, uh, you know...
Posted By: fredk Re: 2008 Concert Favorites (FINALLY!) - 05/26/09 11:42 PM
Those are very impressive pictures Mark, but you know this is gonna dammage your credibility as the guy who aimlessly noodles. ;\)
© Axiom Message Boards