Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Slight Ebay purchase problem, any advice... - 07/22/09 12:05 AM
Not sure if many of you know, but in the past I had a part time business building golf clubs for people. Rather than build myself a new set of irons, I decided to purchase a "like new" set of Callaway X-22's from a nice guy down in Florida.

I ordered them off of Ebay using Paypal.. They arrived today, and the 7-iron was missing from the set. At this point I'm awaiting a response from the seller hopeing it was a mistake on his part. If he says it was in the shipment, he is either full of it, or it possibly fell out of the box.

I noticed the box at one end had an opening, so it is possible it slipped out or was taken by someone at UPS. This really sucks.

So, if the guy says he shipped it, do I call UPS, or I believe since I used Paypal I'm covered, at least that is what I think it said on the auction I won..

thanks, Randy
Did you have shipping insurance?

pn
That sucks! not a big Ebay user here so I really have no advice... hopefully the situation gets resolved.

If he was really crafty maybe he knew that he didn't have a 7 iron so he ripped a hole in the box to claim that it may have been lost during shipping!

good luck!
Posted By: Wid Re: Slight Ebay purchase problem, any advice... - 07/22/09 12:40 AM

I used Ebay once. That was the worst on line buying experience I ever had. The item was severely damaged and looked like the guy picked it out of the garbage. I did get a refund but had to eat the shipping ( about $50 ).

You have paypal so it will work out ok. Give the guy a chance to make it good, chances are he will.
hope so guys, It appears that paypal covers me per the agreement...fun fun fun it always happens to me. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards