Axiom Home Page
Crazy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAOBlqUqUZ8
You and the rest of this country would do well not to listen to a damned thing the sensationalist moron Glenn "the sky is falling" Beck says. I'd tell you how I truly feel about that ass, but it would all be [censored].

Glenn and his co-host imply that the legal terms he read apply to consumers, but it ONLY applies to dealers who have been pre-approved for the program. Snopes, as always, has the real scoop.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp
I think that Glenn Beck has a good talk show entertainer, but like you, I don't take ANYTHING that literally. I like to find out myself. With that said, if there wasn't something wrong with the statement on that web site, why did they feel the need to change it? Because it was "outdated?" Sure, but it just goes to show how much government can screw things up with something simple like a disclaimer. If Mr. Beck hadn't brought this up so publicly, it would probably still be that strange spewing mess of "Big Brotherism" that he quoted.

I know that if I was an owner of a dealership (which is privately owned by my like most if not all are), I wouldn't want something to say that "by clicking here, the government can do what they want with the data and hardware you connect with and transmit."

So you can hate Glenn Beck for taking something to the n'th degree, but by him doing so, positive action has occurred in this case.
agreed Nick, now off to listen to Shawn Hanity. \:\)
The truly idiotic thing about this is that the government warning that's discussed is standard for ANY kind of system that interfaces with a government-run organization.

I'm a NWS Storm Spotter, and to log in and submit storm reports there is a very similar sort of "This is a US Government System. Any info submitted becomes the property of the US Government" warning that we have to agree to. It's not sinister.

Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, they're all just sensationalist media shills. Some are right. Others are not. ;\)
Didn't realize your a storm spotter, that is cool Pete. \:\) I'll give you a heads up if any twisters are heading your way from Iowa....
 Quote:
You and the rest of this country would do well not to listen to a damned thing the sensationalist moron Glenn "the sky is falling" Beck says. I'd tell you how I truly feel about that ass, but it would all be [censored].

Wow, what a surprise Peter, I figured you be a fan
Come on Rick, a generation X guy. ;\)
Are these guys on crack? Thats a pretty bizzare terms of use policy, but to suggest that the government is going to hack your computer the minute you continue is just plain stupid.
 Quote:
Are these guys on crack?

These guys are crack, and too many gullible Americans are smokin' it right up.
© Axiom Message Boards