Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Holy Crap!!! - 08/08/09 10:50 PM
I was watching this guy at the Kitchener Blues Festival when the guy on the keyboard dropped like a stone.

From what I understand they got water on the stage (it was raining) and he got zapped. \:o They were doing CPR on him for an awfully long time. \:\(
Posted By: Adrian Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 01:34 AM
....well?....any update Fred?
Posted By: fredk Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 11:55 AM
Not yet. It rained last night so I stayed home and ended up crashing early.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 03:01 PM
Once again, lots of T-storms in Southern Ont today so I've unplugged all my HT components to be safe(the power just went out temporarily). The computer, well it's time for a new one anyway ;\) uhhh, hope I'm not on it if it gets whacked though!

errr....on second thoughts....
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 05:25 PM
I was just checking the weather map to see what's coming and saw that Ontario just got hammered! \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 07:11 PM
We're sending them down to New Hampshire now. \:\/
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 08:15 PM
Thanks a lot, buddy! \:\)

Well, I just finished cutting the grass and there's no other outside work I need to do, so..... :>p (How come the forums don't have a "tongue sticking out" emoticon?)
Posted By: fredk Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 09:05 PM
We got hit by a big dump around noon, just in time for the music to start. ::rolly-eyes::

Update. The guy did have a heart-attack, but it had nothing to do with water and a jolt. He had a heart condition and had not taken his medication. He went in for surgery and is in the ICU now.

Still sucks. The guy is only 36. \:\(

I'm off to pick up my son and head back out for more music.
Posted By: fredk Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 09:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
(How come the forums don't have a "tongue sticking out" emoticon?)

'Cause they saw you comming??
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 09:31 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
(How come the forums don't have a "tongue sticking out" emoticon?)

'Cause they saw you comming??

No, it's because the site is hosted in Canada and it is too cold to stick your tongue out safely.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/09/09 10:07 PM
Here is the latest from the local news:
"Update: Blues festival organizers await word on musician who collapsed"

August 09, 2009
KITCHENER – Organizers of the Kitchener Blues Festival are still waiting for word on the condition of a musician who collapsed in front of several thousand people on the main stage Saturday.

The 47-year-old man was playing keyboards for the Derek Miller Band from the Six Nations reserve near Brantford when he collapsed just before 6 p.m. from what police described as a personal medical condition.

“We’re checking on his status, but we haven’t heard anything conclusive,” said Rob Deyman, president of the non-profit group that runs the festival.

The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Kitchener for treatment of the condition. The incident was also reported to the Ontario Ministry of Labour.

Deyman said the main stage in front of Kitchener City Hall was closed down for the night and scheduled acts were moved to other venues, in part because it was also raining."

http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/582378
Posted By: RickF Re: Holy Crap!!! - 08/11/09 01:02 AM
Hope he makes out OK, that's pretty young for a heart attack.
© Axiom Message Boards