Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Adrian Speaking of Storms - 08/13/09 02:38 PM
A couple of members here have had issues with storms damaging their HT's and other equipment. It's been an unusually bad summer for thunderstorms in S. Ontario this year compared to most years and unfortunately yesterday, just south of here a few miles, there was a serious incident involving a young family. Hopefully they'll be ok.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/13/09 02:42 PM
Zeus is back with a vengeance, it seems. \:\(
Posted By: Argon Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/13/09 04:49 PM
I never regretted taking my daughter off the softball diamond that day many years ago. This type of occurence just reinforces that parents should do the right thing regardless of what some coach is doing.
Posted By: RickF Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/13/09 09:21 PM
 Originally Posted By: Adrian
"It's been an unusually bad summer for thunderstorms in S. Ontario this year..."

Welcome to a typical south Florida summer, can't believe my equipment hasn't been zapped yet. (knockin' on wood)
Posted By: Murph Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/14/09 01:57 PM
Especially if your system is made of wood.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/14/09 02:00 PM
Mine sometimes is.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/14/09 03:02 PM
Yipe!

Posted By: Adrian Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/14/09 03:07 PM
Ha!! Youtube has some good live shots of the tower getting hit.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/14/09 09:20 PM
Just to provide a bit of an update to my OP.

The 3 yr old that was struck has been upgraded from critical to serious condition at Toronto Sick Kids \:\) , his 5 yr old brother who was hit more directly, is still in critical unfortunately. Apparently he was carrying a folded metal scooter over his shoulder when the freak lightning bolt hit.

My neighbour told me that the lightning left a 4 ft crater in the ground where it touched down. Hopefully they'll pull through this alright, it truly was a bit of a freak event in that, with all the electrical storms the area has had over the last 3 or so weeks, this one was barely a storm at all when the lightning hit.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Speaking of Storms - 08/23/09 01:13 AM
Unfortunately the 5 yr old passed away last night. God bless him and his family, sad, sad story.
© Axiom Message Boards