Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 05:43 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TedKennedy/story?id=6692022
Posted By: RickF Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 11:58 AM
The flags will be flying half-mast at every liquor store in the country.

Adios, Teddy.
Posted By: Adrian Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 12:47 PM
You're bad, Rick. Funny as hell \:D though.

I just saw the news on CNN, how many Kennedy's are left?
Posted By: Wid Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 12:59 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
The flags will be flying half-mast at every liquor store in the country.

Adios, Teddy.

And I'm thinking they should erect a monument at Chappaquiddick to remind us on how great he really was.
Posted By: Chevy Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 01:03 PM
I think that Only Caroline Kennedy is still alive in that generation , but i might be wrong
Posted By: Wid Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 01:06 PM

Being the daughter of JFK she is not the same generation as her uncle but yes she is still with us.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 01:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid
And I'm thinking they should erect a monument at Chappaquiddick to remind us on how great he really was.

I am sorry to hear that he passed away. I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there that will be truly devastated by this news; my mother is one of them. So, sincere condolences to everyone affected.

And at the risk of ticking someone off....

But you know, I've never understood why that Chappaquiddick event didn't just end his political career. Like, forever. A driver loses control of their car (whether from alcohol or not), blows off a bridge and ends up killing their passenger, that driver could probably be charged with manslaughter. I've not done a lot of research on the Chappaquiddick incident, but it appears that he pretty much just got a slap on the wrist. Right? I'm obviously *not* an attorney or a judge, but that doesn't really seem right in my book. Many politicians have done a lot less and suffered much greater political consequences.

Then again, I'm only 31. The whole Kennedy-mystique is mostly lost to me.

Again though, sad news. Especially since Eunice Kennedy passed away just a couple of weeks ago. A sad time for that family, regardless of how you feel about them.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/26/09 07:35 PM
Chappaquiddick goes to show you what status and good lawyers (which the status certainly helps to land) can do for you. Of course, the people could have condemned him, independent of the judicial process, but they did not.
Posted By: davidsch Re: RIP Ted Kennedy - 08/27/09 05:30 PM
Thank you Mr. Kennedy for over 46 years of service in the U.S. Senate. Your name is behind many important pieces of legislation.
© Axiom Message Boards