Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 07:32 PM
http://www.filminfocus.com/film/a_serious_man

I'll watch anything the put out, and this looks like no exception, although the preview doesn't exactly give a lot of clues about plot.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 07:58 PM
Thanks, hadn't heard of this one yet. But I'm with you, if the Coen's make it; I'll watch it.
Posted By: BigHonu Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 08:25 PM
Still trying to wrap the old noodle around No Country for Old Men...

Like their character development and storytelling.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 08:44 PM
Looks good. I usually really like their work.

How is "The Ladykillers"?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 08:53 PM
"The Ladykillers" is not one of my favorite films of theirs, those would be "Barton Fink" and "The Hudsucker Proxy", but that said, it is still better than many films I watch.
Posted By: JaimeG Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 09:14 PM
 Quote:
Looks good. I usually really like their work.

Same here, I love their quirky and sometimes twisted sense of humor. I found ‘Burn After Reading’ to be quite good, I was surprised it didn’t get much attention last year.
Posted By: Zarak Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 09/30/09 11:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
"The Ladykillers" is not one of my favorite films of theirs, those would be "Barton Fink" and "The Hudsucker Proxy",

OK, so now I'm wondering why I haven't heard of either of these two favorites of yours. Looked them up on IMDB and both have a 7+ score. Maybe since they came out in 91 and 94. I must have missed them. Didn't watch as many movies back then.

Everyone else agree these are good too? Do they need to be added to my queue?
Posted By: wilwom Re: New Coen Brothers movie: A Serious Man - 10/01/09 05:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: BigHonu
Still trying to wrap the old noodle around No Country for Old Men...

You should be careful with that old noodle.
© Axiom Message Boards