Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon Pentax Customer Service - 11/14/09 03:25 AM
I have a pair of Binocs that I have owned since 1999. Pentax DCF WP 8x42. I use them for birdwatching. The other day I did something reallllyy stupid and I broke the screw on the focus knob. I ended up sending them back to Pentax in Arizona. They have a "No Worry" policy that states if you bought your optics in the US on or after 1/1/2000 then they will repair or replace (at their discretion) for only $19.95. The bad news is that I bought mine in May of 1999. The good news is the Customer Service Rep that I ended up talking to is honoring the Warranty. Hard to beat that type of service.......Rob
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Pentax Customer Service - 11/14/09 03:32 AM
Very cool. Pentax binoculars are very nice.
Posted By: Argon Re: Pentax Customer Service - 11/24/09 05:53 PM
So far, not impressed with the service. ALL that is wrong is that the focus knob screw is broken off. The initial place that you send the bins is a camera repair shop. They Rec'd on 11/5. I called on 11/12 and they said it would be covered. I called again yesterday and they said it was determined on 11/19 that they would have to shipped to the factory. 2 WEEKS to decide they can't do anything with them??? NOT impressive. The bins were rec'd at the factory yesterday. I asked how long would it take from there - 4 WEEKS. CRAPPY.
© Axiom Message Boards