Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Stereoguy99 Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 03:34 AM
Hi: To everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! May 2010 only bring health,happiness,prosperity to all of you!!!!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 03:41 AM
Thanks guy, I wish you, and everyone on the forum the same.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 03:43 AM
Happy Holidays!
Posted By: LT61 Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:07 AM
A Merry Christmas to one, and all.

God Bless,

Larry
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:14 AM
Merry Christmas and hopes for a Happy New Year filled with God's bountiful blessings.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:20 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! We're having our very first "just us" Christmas. Just my wife, two kids, and I will be celebrating together. That mean's I'm making the barscz (aka Polish beet soup).
Posted By: Wid Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:21 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Be safe out there.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:28 AM
 Quote:
Be safe out there.

You saying something about my cooking? \:D
Posted By: Wid Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:32 AM

Oh no, that soup sounds really good.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 04:52 AM
Happy Festivus!

or,

Peace and Love, dudes.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 05:23 AM
Peter would like to buy a vowel.

Best wishes for a joyful holiday season and happy, healthy new year. Cheers!
Posted By: CV Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 05:37 AM
Have a high bitrate holiday, everyone.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 05:57 AM
Happy Holidays everyone!! And here's hoping for a happy new year, as well!

Spending Christmas with my family back in California. Typing from my bed, which looks suspiciously like a couch. . .because it is a couch. The bedrooms are full! My sister and her husband are in one spare room and the kids, my niece and nephew are in the other.

It's good to have everyone here!
Posted By: BigHonu Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 08:45 AM
Happy Holidays!
Posted By: RickF Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 09:36 AM
Happy Holidays everybody, y'all stay safe and enjoy ... even you bbigwyrs, wherever your snow plow may have taken you!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 11:42 AM
Damn. I wanted to use y'all before Rick did!

Charles: LOL....

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday and a New Year filled with Peace and Joy.

Remember What's Important.... whatever that may be to you personally.

Mark
Posted By: Ajax Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 02:04 PM
Wishing everyone here a MERRY Christmas and a holiday season filled with peace and love. There's no place like the Axiom forum.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 02:26 PM
Yaawwwwwl have a wonderfull Christmas, EH?
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 07:38 PM
Merry Christmas to every one of us. Continue with the good work in 2010!
Posted By: fredk Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 08:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
That mean's I'm making the barscz (aka Polish beet soup).

Is that how you spell it? Do take the time to share the recipe. I'm always up for a good barscz.

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm celebrating without the kids for the first time this year. Heading over to my Dads tomorrow.
Posted By: merchman Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 08:54 PM
Wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy holiday season.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 11:31 PM
May everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and remember to play safe.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/24/09 11:56 PM
I'll post the recipe later. Both (somewhat picky) kids and my wife loved it. Wife said it was the best she's eaten. The only bad thing about it is that there is none left. \:o
Posted By: DaveG Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 12:48 AM
Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 05:40 AM
Fred, it's actually barszcz(with the Zs pronounced like h), a Polish variant(more details coming from Peter)of the beet soup(borscht)generally considered to be of Ukrainian origin.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 12:05 PM
Merry Christmas all! Just waiting for the little ones to wake up and see what Santa brought! I think I am more excited than them!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 04:34 PM
Oops! I thought I was missing a letter but was too lazy to look it up. I know how to pronounce it, though.

Recipe will be up soon.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 04:50 PM
Indeed. Merry Christmas* to all. I hope Santa was good to everyone. And I too look forward to a 2010 that's hopefully less-full of doom and gloom than 2009 was. Peace to all.

*Or Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Chanukah, Happy Solstice, Merry Festivus, or just Happy-The-Mailman-has-the-day-off-day. Whatever floats your boat.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 05:05 PM
Merry Christmas etc to all! And if you just plain have the day off because a bunch of nutters have a holiday, well, enjoy that too!
Posted By: fredk Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 05:16 PM
 Originally Posted By: JohnK
Fred, it's actually barszcz(with the Zs pronounced like h), a Polish variant(more details coming from Peter)of the beet soup(borscht)generally considered to be of Ukrainian origin.

Amazin John. You seem to be a deep well of knowlege on many, many things. Borscht looks like a German spelling and is how I have always known it. I actually thought it was Polish in origin. That was re-enforced by my grandmothers Polish boyfriend who made an amazing barszcz. Come to think of it, he made a really good saurkraut too.

I'm looking forward to the recipe Peter.

I hope everyone is having a good Christmas day and are not to hampered by the weather.
Posted By: AdamP88 Re: Happy Holidays!!! - 12/25/09 05:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Oops! I thought I was missing a letter but was too lazy to look it up. I know how to pronounce it, though.

Recipe will be up soon.

I'm looking forward to that recipe. Sara and I are going to give barszcz a try for New Year's at Christine's. I've got the uszka already...
Posted By: CV Re: What a haul, what a haul - 12/26/09 07:06 AM
Okay, I didn't get much this Christmas, but considering how well I treat myself year-round, I don't think I can complain. Here's what my coworker/best friend got me:

Buckyballs

I will never be able to do what the hands in the video are doing, but they are fun. I had almost bought them for my dad at one point, but I never did. I had bought him some other rare earth magnets, so Amazon.com recommended them to me for a while. Anyway, thanks to my awesome friend. She said I was hard to shop for, and I told her that I had no problem buying things for myself. She had to acknowledge my point.
© Axiom Message Boards