Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF Would you..... - 02/23/10 09:42 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell would I ever.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Would you..... - 02/23/10 09:56 PM
Check with me 10-15 years ago.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Would you..... - 02/23/10 09:58 PM
Oops. That wasn't supposed to fly off like that.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Would you..... - 02/23/10 09:58 PM
Where's your sense of adventure Rick?

When I looked at those pictures, it reminded me of Dar Robinson's CN Tower jump.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Would you..... - 02/23/10 10:24 PM
Been there, done that... Changed my underwear, all was good.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 03:51 AM
I saw a thing on Discovery Channel (I think it was) in HD none-the-less on those rides. The rides by themselves don't bother me, and I am not afraid of heights, but put the two together and no thank you...
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 04:21 AM
Jake and I did the Big Shot at Xmas - he wasn't tall enough for the other two and I was GLAD.

He wasn't crying afterwards, but he was pretty quiet. Like nickbuol said, it isn't the ride, but the ride on top of the height that makes it pretty intense.

Do it at night, too, BTW.

Got the pic of the two of us riding with a couple little terrorists - I'll see if I can find a scanner.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 04:23 AM
oh yeah, the roller coaster is gone. it was pretty lame.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 04:23 AM
and by little terrorists, you mean...?
Posted By: fredk Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 04:24 AM
It fell off?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 04:50 AM
maybe they were scary?
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 05:54 AM
I was up on top of the Stratosphere shortly after it opened. It's an absolutely incredible view at night. The only ride up there at the time was the roller coaster, iirc.

Despite all precautions, accidents happen on rides. You'll never see my smiling face on rides that high up. No @#@$@ way.
Posted By: Argon Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 12:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: Kruncher
I was up on top of the Stratosphere shortly after it opened. It's an absolutely incredible view at night. The only ride up there at the time was the roller coaster, iirc.

Despite all precautions, accidents happen on rides. You'll never see my smiling face on rides that high up. No @#@$@ way.

I saw something several years ago on the Drop ride - I think in Vegas - I assume it is like the "Big Shot". A cable broke and sliced a ladies legs off cleanly. ONE minute she's enjoying the ride, the next, she can't even get out of the seat under her own power.
Posted By: DaveG Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 01:28 PM
Too extreme for me.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 01:31 PM
I'm sticking with the bumper cars..... \:\)
Posted By: Argon Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 05:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I'm sticking with the bumper cars..... \:\)

What if you accidentally did a "Thelma and Louise"? I don't think you would survive from that height.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 05:17 PM
I would do it, but I'd double check all my restraining device connections...
Posted By: Murph Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 10:25 PM
Knowing me, I'd be the first in line then 2 adrenaline filled days later, I'd wake up in bed in a cold sweat realizing what I just did.

I wonder if you get far enough away from the side of the building that you would lose your depth peception and sense of height. I also wonder if you got it back when you get close to the side of the building, would it then make it even worse.
Posted By: RickF Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 10:43 PM
Knowing me, I'd be the first to freefall with that machine still strapped around my big arse whenever it decided to detach itself from the building, "Whoa Mom, you should have seen the look on that old guy's face whenever that thing came unglued!" ... 'Glad I made your day and youtube junior.'

I wouldn't lose my sense of height because I would never make it up the building to begin with, Rick don't do heights at all, which is funny because back in the day I did bridge construction and never had a problem walking the beams carrying full sheets of plywood or hanging over the sides installing the brackets that held the forms for the overhang ... even rappelled from helicopters and down the side of cliffs in the Army and loved it. Weird huh?
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 10:45 PM
Looking down at the cat toys from my recliner makes me break out into a cold sweat too.
Posted By: Murph Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 10:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
Rick don't do heights at all

Your words reminded me of the slogan of a very large and very wise man in our Jeep Club. It's truly only funny if you can hear his extremely strong french accent to go with it.

"Where de bullrushes grow, Leonce don't go."
Posted By: RickF Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 10:49 PM
\:D
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 11:33 PM
Rick, you're a PILOT! How can you "not do heights"?

I mean, I get that "I flow low, I'm in high demand" thing, and I know Florida is REALLY flat, but you've got to go over buildings and stuff sometimes, right?

Wait, don't tell me. Maybe I don't really want to know how your brain works.
Posted By: RickF Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 11:48 PM
Tom you honestly would be surprised with the number of pilots who are afraid of heights, don't know if I personally know any who are not!

Pilots and Fear of Heights

Are pilots afraid of heights?

I like the following explanation ... "In an aircraft you’re fastened to a chair and your brain thinks you can’t fall out."
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Would you..... - 02/24/10 11:48 PM
 Quote:
"In an aircraft you’re fastened to a chair and your brain thinks you can’t fall out."

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured.
© Axiom Message Boards