Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jakewash $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/08/10 08:31 PM
Just wondering if paying only $10 for a ton of music at your finger tips is worth it to you?

http://www.myce.com/news/rhapsody-becomes-independent-and-slashes-prices-28120/
Posted By: michael_d Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/08/10 11:14 PM
I’ve had it for a couple months now. I haven’t decided if it’s worth it or not. But now that the subscription is less, it’s more attractive.

I’ll tell you what though; it’s down right amazing just how much music they have. When I have guests over, we always try to find songs folks want to hear jsut to see if it has the song (and it always had so far). You can also build a custom data base and if you happen to like a song or artist that comes up, just click on it and it will let you store the song or album, or other albums from the same artist in your library.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/08/10 11:58 PM
I've been a member of Rhapsody for 2 years now. I like the selection and the quality of the audio. I felt it was worth the $13 I was paying; it's definitely worth $10.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/09/10 01:35 AM
Personally, I'm waiting for Spotify to make it to the US. It's currently only available in Europe. You can use it for free if you don't mind ads, but it also has a paid service.

http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-spotify-plans-us-launch-could-be-a-billion-dollar-company/
Posted By: SatKartr Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/09/10 01:36 PM
I've been with Rhapsody since May 2004 and have been very pleased. It has saved me a ton of money over purchasing CDs during that time that I normally would have purchased (including all of the inevitable duds) and I have been able to listen to a lot more music on demand and out of curiosity than I would ever be able to afford. Of course as a music lover I would love to transition to lossless formats for all my music at some point but somehow Rhapsody on the Denon 3808 sounds simply great with Audyssey and Dolby PLIIx running, prior to that Rhapsody only sounded reasonably to quite good on computer speakers or portable players, tres anemic on home stereo (Rotel amp, Polk speakers).
Posted By: cb919 Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/09/10 01:56 PM
I already do the Napster membership for $10/month, so yes, I feel it's worth it. It's great to have almost unlimited music on tap. I am often finding new artists I haven't heard of, but can also check out latest cd releases for no added costs. My only complaint with Napster north of the border is some popular music is not available in Canada due to licensing issues. If Rhapsody is available in Canada I wonder how their libraries compare now that they're at the same price point?
Posted By: Glitchy Re: $10/mth Rhapsody - 04/09/10 09:39 PM
For me, Rhapsody is a killer deal.

With the one account, I get unlimited music thru the Squeezebox whole house audio system, thru the 7.1 setup in my media room and on my phone.

If I add a song or album on my phone it also adds it to my home system.

I love it!
© Axiom Message Boards