Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon Rankings - 05/14/10 06:42 PM
With all this talk about who is leading who.....I decided to check my "Post" ranking. I am proud to say that I am currently #68.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 06:55 PM
Tells you exactly how many regulars we have, don't it?
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:01 PM
Well....some of the guys that are ahead are ones that haven't been heard from for a while like Mojo and Ratpack. A very few, I have never seen posts from - but by and large, most are regulars....
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:01 PM
There are the regular posters, and then there's Ken and me, who must be subsisting on a diet of Metamucil and prune juice.
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:20 PM
More Useless Forum Trivia.....

There are 152 pages on the User list of members that have never posted.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:30 PM
Got some time on your hands today, eh? ;\)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:30 PM
I think Axiom should "purge" anyone who has never posted and registered more than two years ago....
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 07:30 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
There are the regular posters, and then there's Ken and me, who must be subsisting on a diet of Metamucil and prune juice.

THERE's a mental image....
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 08:38 PM
That's not nice Mark. If you don't register and log in when you read posts, then there is no cookie set and you don't get friendly read/unread markers on the threads.

I suspect there are a good many lurkers here who'd be put out by a decision like that.

Wait... You're just trying to get them to stop lurking and defend themselves, right? :P
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 10:10 PM
No, it was my bad. I guess I didn't see the angle that registering allows cookies for better browsing.

What I was thinking is that if someone comes along and registers on the forum but then never comes back, deleting the user name frees it up for someone else, and newcomers get an accurate representation of what this forum is: 50-100 regulars, not 8,000 users like some gigantic forum from Apple, MS or Adobe.

I was looking at it like "these people registered and took off"... not, "they registered for more convenient browsing, but weren't looking to post".

My bad.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 10:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
No, it was my bad. I guess I didn't see the angle that registering allows cookies for better browsing.

What I was thinking is that if someone comes along and registers on the forum but then never comes back, deleting the user name frees it up for someone else, and newcomers get an accurate representation of what this forum is: 50-100 regulars, not 8,000 users like some gigantic forum from Apple, MS or Adobe.

I was looking at it like "these people registered and took off"... not, "they registered for more convenient browsing, but weren't looking to post".

My bad.

Or at least delete those folks whoses cats "DO" have rectums
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Rankings - 05/14/10 10:59 PM
Ooohhhh... that reminds me... I need to change my SIG line, too!
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 02:27 AM
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Got some time on your hands today, eh? ;\)

Ummmm....yeah, I did....
Posted By: a401classic Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 01:35 PM
 Originally Posted By: Argon
With all this talk about who is leading who.....I decided to check my "Post" ranking. I am proud to say that I am currently #68.

So other than counting the number of posters ahead of you, how do you find your ranking? I was only able to find highest to lowest and I'm far enough down to not want to count.

Scott
Posted By: fredk Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 01:56 PM
I see CV is rocketing up the ranks. You guys in the prune juice club should be worried. ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 05:02 PM
I haven't exactly been rocketing lately. Time to drink some more rocket fuel.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 06:42 PM
I'm actually #1 in number of posts. But a computer glitch has robbed me of over 16000 posts. All interesting.
Posted By: CV Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 06:53 PM
You shouldn't have been posting from your remote.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 07:43 PM
Now, THAT'S an idea!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 10:49 PM
Cv needs to take a break so I can catch back up to him ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: Rankings - 05/15/10 11:21 PM
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Now, THAT'S an idea!

Ha ha. Oh, no. I fear macro-based posting is in our future.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Rankings - 05/16/10 05:39 AM
I'm in 31st, but it has been a "light" last 15 months. Ever since I lost my job when they shut down my office in early 2009, and then when I get my new job that requires me to travel a LOT, I find myself reading the forums daily, but just not posting as much. Oh well. Someday I'll be back at it. If I end up moving, I'll build my system from a 5.1 to a 7.2 system and I'll be back into the swing of things.
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/17/10 11:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: a401classic
 Originally Posted By: Argon

So other than counting the number of posters ahead of you, how do you find your ranking? I was only able to find highest to lowest and I'm far enough down to not want to count.

Scott

Scott,
I did exaactly what you said....ranked them from highest to lowest and counted back to my ID.

Like Doc said, I had too much time on my hands.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Rankings - 05/17/10 03:50 PM
I do, too, but I'm too lazy for the easy way. I did figure out quickly that there are 25 per page, then I only had to count the number down on the page I was on.

Thanks,

Scott
Posted By: Argon Re: Rankings - 05/17/10 04:54 PM
Same, same. I have been on here a long time but lurked for most of the early years. Once I got more serious about a purchase - rather than just a wish list, I started asking a lot of questions as I went into my over research mode. Now I mostly enjoy the banter amongst the regulars.
© Axiom Message Boards