Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ClubNeon What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:03 AM
On Applebees' menu the description for the French dip sliders says, "served with au jus", I complained to the waitress.
Was the waitress hot?
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Was the waitress hot?

For sure. Who cares about au jus at that point! ;\)
Nah, she was about 10 years older than me. But did make a good Arnold Palmer.
Posted By: RickF Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:19 AM
I bet whenever you complained to Ms Palmer her reply was something like "Alright Buddy Boy, you want aus jus? I'll give you aus jus, and it's coming right up!!"

Maybe not aloud to you, but I bet she did utter or think it to herself.

Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
On Applebees' menu the description for the French dip sliders says, "served with au jus", I complained to the waitress.

Waitresses in a chain restaurant might not have the pull to revise the menus.

Man, you just reminded me of Grizzlebee's from Sealab 2021. Now I'll have to re-watch every episode. Ha ha.
I did get 30% off the bill. She claims that it was because the appetizers were late. But I like to think that happened because of the turmoil which broke out in the kitchen when she pointed out that the menus said, "served with with juice."
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:43 AM
\:D Your way is more fun, for sure.
Posted By: fredk Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:48 AM
And I though I was pedantic. Maybe divorce taught me to let go more than I thought.
Posted By: fredk Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:49 AM
By the way, how was the With Juice?
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:50 AM
Jus right?
Actually, very tasty. I don't get enough grease in my diet, so dipping sandwiches into it helps.
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 04:54 AM
I think we should all chip in to get Chris a lifetime supply of t-shirts that say, "Served with au jus sauce."
Ooo, can that be written in Comic Sans MS?
Posted By: fredk Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 05:00 AM
\:D
It was a different restaurant, a Wasabi Steakhouse. I was there for a birthday party. I was looking at the menu, and said aloud, "their logo is in Dragonwick, that's one of my favorite fonts." Then I had to answer why I had a favorite font. I was like, doesn't everyone? Then I made the mistake of saying that I aspire to be like the typographiles who hang out on What the Font.
Oh, my favorite font would be the modified version of Neuropol that I created. I extended the all arms of each character to be of equal length.
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 05:10 AM
Ha ha. I looked up the creator of the font I use for my website, and he actually responded to my email. It was nice. That reminds me. Was Helvetica (the movie) any good?
It was OK. I knew a lot of the stuff anyway.

My favorite font scene in a movie is when Christian Bale is talking about his business card in American Psycho.
That was about as erotically charged as you're ever gonna find in a scene involving men discussing business cards.

Yeah, I just said that.
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/22/10 05:24 AM
I still haven't seen that movie.

Marina linked to this music video a while ago, which I'd probably appreciate more if I'd seen the movie.

Miles Fisher - American Psycho Music Video
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/25/10 02:07 AM
Actually, you sound like Rube from Dead Like Me, which hopefully I will be able to resume watching. Cursed hotel internet connection!
Posted By: fredk Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/25/10 02:49 AM
Thats a compliment right??? Yeah, must be...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 05/25/10 03:00 AM
I'm not sure how I feel like Rube. I actually meant CN, not you, Fred.
Yeah, I'll take that as a compliment.

Really loved that show too.
Posted By: CV Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/22/10 09:07 AM
Ooo, can that be written in Comic Sans MS?

I saw this and thought of you:

I'M COMIC SANS, ASSHOLE. BY MIKE LACHER
Posted By: Murph Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/22/10 11:35 AM
Ha. I got a good chuckle out of that.
Then the line about Microsoft F__ing Bob and I realized I'm old.

Originally Posted By: Murph
I got a good chuckle out of that......I realized I'm old.

HA!
And I got a kick out of that!
Posted By: Murph Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/22/10 01:21 PM
Cause your older.......... ;\)
Well, yeah.... there is that!
"I'm not just a font, I'm a force of M@$#%%^#( nature."

I'm gonna borrow that for my next Facebook status.

J.P. Swing is not just a man ...
::Scribbles furiously in my notepad::
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/22/10 04:04 PM
Mark, we all know you're just doodling.
Posted By: Murph Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/22/10 04:11 PM
JP's hidden camera has already discovered his scribblings are indeed sketches of 80's heavy metal band logos and cartoon characters with big boobs.
Mark's had quite the influence in Hollywood. First, he did the animation in the 1980s classic film, Better Off Dead. Then, his ligers were the inspiration for Napoleon Dynamite.
Heh, the last line of that is great, "I'm gonna go get hammered with Papyrus." When I was watching Avatar, I was like, "are those subtitles actually in Papyrus? Well, at least it isn't Comic Sans."
Posted By: Ray3 Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/25/10 01:52 AM
I would tell you what I am pedantic about had you asked the question correctly.

I guess I should have left the "being" off. As pedantic is the state of being a pendant.
Posted By: jakewash Re: What are you pedantic about tonight? - 06/25/10 04:37 AM
Did that help? \:\)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/25/10 04:48 AM
I guess I should have left the "being" off. As pedantic is the state of being a pendant.

No, being pedantic has nothing to do with necklaces or other hanging items.
Posted By: fredk Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/25/10 04:49 AM
\:D

Missed that one completely. I must not be as much of a pedant as I think.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/25/10 04:51 AM
I have the shirt.

Sadly, it's not available at the goats.com store any more, and I'm far too lazy to take a picture of it.
I've been off lately. My knee hurts.

It wouldn't matter which side first; I'd just throw it away. Obviously someone who don't know the proper usage of "too" or an apostrophe isn't worth my time.

laugh
Posted By: Murph Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 06/30/10 01:53 PM
Well, it's actually morning but the [Go] button keeps taking me back to Page 1 of the forum when I'm browsing Page 2.

Translated for Chris.... "Im' browsing page too."
Not sure that does really fits the topic of the thread, but I didn't know where else to post it.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to stop saying WAF (wife approval factor) on this forum, but also in general, and change it to PAF (partner approval factor). I have a gay friend on the forum, and although he could care less, there's a risk of offending someone else that may be a regular user, or new.

I don't like political correctness, but I don't think this fits in the category. I think that a minor change like this goes a long way, and someone's sexual orientation is the most fundamental aspect of everyone's life, therefore it deserves greater consideration.

Anyway, that's just me. Carry on, my friends.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: What are you being pedantic about tonight? - 12/08/10 05:01 AM
I usually use SAF, myself.
I found a reason to be pedantic!!

Originally Posted By: wheelz999
and although he could care less

If he could care less than that means he must care at least a little. If you mean to say he doesn't care at all, then you should say "he couldn't care less."

How much less could he care? And the answer is none. None more less.
SAF is even better, Ken.

Peter, thanks for the correction. Even though that err would be an easy one to blame on my voice recognition, it was my fault for not adding the suffix (negative construction).

I'm continually learning from you old guys wink smile .
© Axiom Message Boards