Axiom Home Page
Posted By: DreamTheater Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 03:24 AM
So the SACD I mostly desire happens to be one of the hardest to find, typical of my luck. Anyone know where I could find a copy (used or not) or Strange Beautiful Music by Joe Satriani. Preferbly not the $300 one on Amazon! While on the topic, is Amazon the best place to find SACDs? Here in CT there is no store that stocks them and online all Ive found is Amazon and ebay.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 10:53 AM
http://www.dvd4music.com/onlineshop/details/86294-7.html

In the UK, is that a problem I know less than "0" about SACD.
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 01:16 PM
Oh wow, I really hope this site is legit. That turns into 38 bucks for the Satriani CD, thanks a million. I hope this works out, I might throw on Blow by Blow also if they have it.
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 01:18 PM
ahh, too good to be true. After doing some reasearch I found that site is a SOB site, scam master that needs a serious beat down. Man I hate little rats over the internet like that. They charge your card immeadiately and never ship the "in stock" items.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 03:19 PM
sorry I had no idea, then again if it seems too good to be true.....
Posted By: davidsch Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/04/10 05:41 PM
I sometimes use Acoustic Sounds, but I looked and they don't have the SACD you are looking for.
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/05/10 12:30 AM
Anyone helps me find it under 50 bucks gets a $5 finders fee!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/05/10 03:44 AM
Erik, a check of the sources that I use turns up nothing at other than extortionate prices. I'm not familiar with that disc(I took a quick listen to the Amazon samples), but the possible slightly better processing and resulting sound on the SACD shouldn't be a major factor in my view, considering that the CD is available for around $8. I'd suggest getting the CD if you want the music and listening to it in surround, using processing such as DPLII on your 7400.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/05/10 01:58 PM
I love music and all, but paying that kind of coin for a cd/sacd... \:o !!
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/05/10 03:17 PM
Yeah I already have the original CD, to be honest this has become more of a collector gem for me. In reality I dont want to pay any more than $30, but it looks like that never will happen! The PLII does an ok job of splitting rhythm guitars in the back and keeping his lead guitar in the center, I guess I should just admit defeat here. So sad they stopped producing so many SACDs.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/07/10 04:43 PM
The music sounds interesting so I'm giving this a try.
Best Buy
If it shows up in 3 or 4 weeks I'll let you know.
Posted By: DreamTheater Re: Help me find Satriani SACD Please! - 06/08/10 12:17 AM
hey I actually tried that homedad along with the other Satriani SACD and the Jeff Beck SACD. Its been 2 weeks now, its a long shot but I figured Id give it a try and see if a miracle happened and BB turned up a few. Good thing is they dont charge your credit card until it ships, so if it never comes in no lose for me trying.
© Axiom Message Boards