Axiom Home Page
Just wondering when we will begin to see these in the factory outlet and how would you know if your getting the old version or the new V3's?
I really dunno the answer but I have ordered my speakers just a day before the release of the v3's. After reading the post of Lan, I e-mailed Noreen and asked her if I were going to receive the V3's or V2's. Have been told that there was a possibility of getting the V3's if I wanted to, but it was gonna take a little more to ship them. Since I got from FO she said the wait would be something around 3 weeks till shipping, in case I opt for the V2's the waiting would be shorter. I think the best option would be to contact them directly, so you can get an straight answer! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: When will V3's begin to show up in Factory outlet - 06/30/10 04:46 AM
So you're getting the full v3 with magnetic grille versions from the Factory Outlet? If so then that would seem to answer the question...
Yes I am getting from FO. As I said the waiting would be longer though. Noreen said that it would take around 3 weeks to ship since I wanted the V3, otherwise they could ship before this time frame. Anyway I guess that the best way to know for sure it calling them. If I were going to buy my speakers now I would better safe than sorry. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: When will V3's begin to show up in Factory outlet - 06/30/10 02:45 PM
Good advice.
This is only a guess, as I have not asked the question to why or how they come up with their F/O wait times, but I suspect the wait times will be similar with the V3 as it has been in the past. At the beginning of this roll out, the wait will likely be longer as Axiom moves inventory from V2 to V3.

I’m pretty sure that they have established a fairly good pass / not pass QC percentage relating to which speaker goes in the “outlet” box or “regular” box. In other words, they’ve figured out through the years how many of each speaker per 100 manufactured that will not pass QC to be sold as a “regular” speaker and they will sell as an “outlet” speaker.
I never understood the waiting period for FO. Did they do a study approximating the time it takes to produce a blemish bad enough to send to the FO? What happens in the next 3 weeks if all the V3s turn out perfect? Would they say, "well, let's just put a ding in this one so people won't have to wait any longer". grin

Oh, it looks like michael was thinking the same thing...read post above. Of course, he was more realistic and technical in his thinking than me! HAHA!
I think that out of stock FO would probably be the same as the full priced ones.
Having a great knowledge on manufacturing I might say that is highly improbable to not have any defective item during 1 month period. For electronics there are very little defects every single day. Since most customers won't even notice they send them to retail like that. Although factories here in Japan try to work closer to zero defective items, that still seems impossible to happen, since the ones making the products are human beings.
You're in Japan, they should make robots to do those things. And robots to make the robots, too.
Looking at the wait times and how they change, I suspect the do "runs".

For example,
06/28 - 07/04: Black
07/05 - 07/11: Cherry
07/12 - 07/18: Beach
07/19 - 07/25: Maple
07/26 - 08/07: Black

So if you order a Black set today, (06/30) you're going to have to wait until he next run of Black speakers to get FOs... 4 Weeks. Maple is only 3.

I would further speculate they have difference production facilities wit dirrferent schedules, hence different wait times for different types of speakers with the same finishes.

I am completely making this up based on nothing more than looking at different wait times per finish and per speaker. I could be 110% wrong.

Thanks
snazzed
The different waits could be based on the average number of orders of that finish, and the percentage of them that end up in the FO.
There is no need to do runs. Each sheet of mdf is the same size. The CNC machine they use to cut the speakers doesn't care what colour comes next.

Axiom could essentially manufacture to order. Wait times probably reflect the relative popularity of a given colour both as firsts and seconds.
Most big factories here have been exchanging human work through robots. Still there are things robot cannot do yet. LOL When I worked at Epson they spent 1.5 million dollar on a machine that added the Epson ink cartridges on the packaging line. Raising up production and taking off a job of 1 person per machine. After 5 years on factory operation on this new plant they decided to go abroad and opened a factory in China closing up the Japanese plant. They gave up the idea of production in China after being there for less than a year and returned to Japan.
© Axiom Message Boards