Axiom Home Page
Hi everyone ,
I got a question for my canadian fellow.... My father dream about following is pilot license but because of medical problem ( lost 75% of one eye ) is not allowed to follow any course what so ever. I would like to know if any of you guy heard about any company who will bring him, up in the air and give him control of the plane ( understand that the pilot will be with him at all time) My little sister think she as company who will do that in CND but she can not remember the name of the company....

Anyway I would just like to know if you guy know a company who can do than!!!

Thank you

sorry for my Spelling smile
Alex, at least two of our(U.S.)members are pilots. If they or a Canadian member-pilot see this, hopefully they may be able to give you some guidance.
If you have a local airport with a flight school or a freelance instructor stop in and ask them about taking your father for an introductory flight, most all airports will have an instructor or school.
or a couple of cases of beer and Rick might just come up and train ye, eh. smile
Yep, I expect any flight school would offer introductary flights that would match what you're looking for. Around here (Toronto area) they're usually a really good deal.

I don't think they're allowed to let you take off and land but you can usually take the controls once they're in the air.
Thank guy!! for all your good idea..... came back couple hour ago from Trois-Rivieres Airport in QC and they got some introductory flight, and they are GTG with my Father "situation" ...... Thank for the idea try on google and didn't find anything ( internet generation or what "older" call "Y" generation smile ) that why I ask here and again great answer...

anyway thank everyone
Alex
I did an intro flight a couple of years back. It was a lot of fun. They did let me takeoff. He said it was a little too windy when it came to the landing though, so he took over.

Hardest part was adjusting that little scroll wheel thing (sorry, forget what it is called) to keep the nose of the plane pointing the proper amount of up vs. down when you are in the air. If I recall, when it is adjusted correctly you can just about let go of the controls and fly straight and level.
Did he let you fire the machine guns?!!
Or join the mile high club?
Originally Posted By: Zarak
Hardest part was adjusting that little scroll wheel thing (sorry, forget what it is called) to keep the nose of the plane pointing the proper amount of up vs. down when you are in the air.

Trim tabs ?
John after all of these years I never knew you were a pilot.
I've always loved flying and always had a problem with heights. Never knew exactly where the line was.

I discovered it while taking flying lessons. Groundschool no problem, flying no problem, but stalling even a Cessna 172 (maybe the most gentle stall of anything with wings) was enough to put me into a blind panic every time. And that was the end of my "flying career".

It might have been possible to tough my way through the stalls or go for a sport license where stall/spin testing is not covered (I think that's still the case) but I didn't feel that I would come out a safe pilot. If I couldn't count on my reactions in an emergency then IMO there was no way I should be flying...

On a positive note, once you've budgeted for supporting a private pilot habit, everything else seems really inexpensive by comparison wink
Actually I guess the lowest point of my "flying experience" was when I was reading an article on the internet about an advanced pilot training course dealing with things like inverted flat spins.

I ended up running to the washroom and throwing up from just *reading* about inverted flat spins...
© Axiom Message Boards