Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Forum idea - 08/25/10 02:37 AM
Does anyone else think it would be cool to have a pie chart for each user that shows their post distribution between the various forums? I'm betting a majority of us would have a high percentage in the water cooler.
Posted By: grunt Re: Forum idea - 08/25/10 03:04 AM
I guess it would be interesting from a personal point of view to see where I was posting the most but other than that I don’t see much purpose. Personally the only thing I use post count for is to quickly check to see if an inflammatory post is likely a new troll. To be sure I usually check there actual posts to see what they’ve had to say. Other than that I place no value in post counts, green/red Chiclets or other various attempts to assign value to peoples comments. I think the only way to do that is to read enough posts to get a feel for who people are.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Forum idea - 08/25/10 03:12 AM
Did someone say "PIE"!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 01:35 AM
I wasn't thinking of it as a way to see who "contributes" more than others or anything like that, I just figured it would be a nice statistic to know.

another cool stat would be average words per post, or a word count instead of a post count.

One feature that is actually helpful that I would like to see: Another forum I visit used to have a feature that when you hovered over the post a popup box appeared with the first several sentences of the post. That forum had tons of posts so it was a nice way to see if the post was even worth taking the time to click on it. While this is a much smaller community I would still like to see that feature.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 02:54 AM
MORE PIES!!!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 03:22 AM
Maybe this feature already exists and I'm not aware of it yet...but, there are some topics that don't interest me at all. I would like to be able to flag certain topics to not notify me that there are new messages there, so I don't have to click on every page all the time just to clear the unread message numbers from the screen.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 05:27 AM
The fact that you feel the need to clear the unread message count indicates a deeper problem. smile

One which I share.
Posted By: grunt Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 08:38 AM
I’m not sure what you mean by “unread message numbers” but if you are looking to clear all the new post flags for the threads you don’t want to read click on the “Mark all read” option on the bottom of the screen and it will prompt you to clear all the unread flags.

If that’s not what you’re talking about then never mind. wink
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 10:09 AM
Yeah, but if you do that, you don't know if you've missed something.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 02:01 PM
Sometimes it's easier to not know what you're missing. Read what you want to read, then click Mark all read. Done.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 02:12 PM
Cool. I never noticed that button/link before. Thanks.

There's a lot of talk about cars, headphones, etc that I'm not interested in and it's just easier to clear the messages than to click through them all, when I don't read them anyway.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 04:44 PM
Similarly, as soon as a thread strays to talking about cats, my eyes. just. glaze. over.
whistle
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 04:53 PM
Have you looked at your avatar lately?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 05:40 PM
Zzzzzzzzz
Posted By: Adrian Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 05:44 PM
CATFIGHT!!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum idea - 08/26/10 05:49 PM
The world of cats
Funny cat videos
Skunks as pets
Lion Burgers