Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 04:26 AM
1. There are polka dot towels in my bathroom.
2. The polka dot towels match my tooth brush holder.
3. I have a tooth brush holder.
4. I used to think Ikea was a neat place.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 04:58 AM
That's a good start.

I recommend the meatballs at Ikea.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 07:37 AM
I recommend the Expedit bookshelves. They can handle anything and are good looking in a minimalistic way.
Posted By: CV Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 07:41 AM
Do you have a picture of them in use in your home?
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 01:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
1. There are polka dot towels in my bathroom.
2. The polka dot towels match my tooth brush holder.
3. I have a tooth brush holder.
4. I used to think Ikea was a neat place.

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I recommend the meatballs at Ikea.
Originally Posted By: medic8r
I recommend the Expedit bookshelves. They can handle anything and are good looking in a minimalistic way.

I recommend divorce.
Nah. Retaliate with a Man Room! Re-establish yourself the alpha roll...

A friend of mine once told me: "Men are like tile floors; if you lay them right you can walk on them for years."
Posted By: Adrian Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 01:21 PM
If she says she likes your 3/4" hardwood, I'd leave.
Posted By: fredk Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 03:41 PM
I recommend striped PJs. They'll go really well with the polkadots.
Posted By: RickF Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 05:02 PM
And what's so wrong with polka dots?

Posted By: terzaghi Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/19/10 05:37 PM
I love the matching guitar and shirt
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 03:13 AM
Well, since you have clearly embraced the whole polka dot motif :shivers knowingly:, selling the wife is off the table........for now.

At this point, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to save you. However, I can share some sagacious advice based on learnings painfully garnered over the years of seemingly endless marital purgatory. It won't save you, but it will serve to ease the pain.

Whatever she says, and whenever she says it, you need only two replies for a lifetime of contention avoidance.

1) Okay

2) You're right; I'm sorry

Polka dots is JUST the beginning.
Posted By: CV Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 03:17 AM
I wish I could grudgingly acquiesce to marry, but it's hard to pull that off when I can't even get a date.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 04:36 AM
It'll happen someday Charles, don't rush it, then you too can have polkadots all over the house.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 04:45 AM
Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I love the matching guitar and shirt

There's a guitar in that shot. I just see an oversized toothpick.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 06:21 AM
I guess she'll loves these speakers :p

and the sub?? grin

Posted By: Lampshade Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 08:31 PM

Guys, everything turned out to be fine. I let her do whatever she wants decorating. I just make her play Wii in her underwear.
Posted By: merchman Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 08:34 PM
Polka dotted underwear, I hope! grin

By the way, congrats on getting married! smile
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 09:29 PM
Nice. smile
Posted By: bridgman Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
Guys, everything turned out to be fine. I let her do whatever she wants decorating. I just make her play Wii in her underwear.

OK, that sounds like a fair division of responsibilities wink
Doesn't sound fair to me! Equality to the sexes!

NO ONE cuts ME any slack when I Wii in my underwear!

Wait....

That was supposed to sound funny, but it came out as gross....
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/20/10 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Doesn't sound fair to me! Equality to the sexes!

NO ONE cuts ME any slack when I Wii in my underwear!

Wait....

That was supposed to sound funny, but it came out as gross....

Its probably the stains on your underwear
Posted By: bridgman Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/21/10 04:13 AM
I don't see any way to resolve this other than posting pics of Mark and the new Mrs. Lampshade playing Wii in their underwear and deciding whether they are truly equal...

... and I *really* don't think we want to go there. Can someone PLEASE come up with a better solution ? Before Mark has time to post again ?
Woo Hoo!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Some Changes Since I Have Been Married - 09/21/10 03:13 PM
So that's you that posted those Wii vids on the internet.
© Axiom Message Boards