Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bdpf Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/25/10 05:47 PM
I was on kijiji and came across this:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-...QAdIdZ181981071

If you know the Axiom name then you know it's a internet direct company. How can these guys make money? This makes no sense, at least not if you're in Toronto.
For new customers, if you want to listen to Axiom speakers but don't want to buy them neither drive to Dwight, go there, listen and then buy from the website, you'll have the best price possible and the warranty under your name.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/25/10 06:48 PM
The audio shop you linked to, Avery Audio advertising on Kijiji, is less than 20 km from Dwight. Given the proximity I am guessing they have some kind of relationship with Axiom. Like I said that's a guess, I have no real clue. It'll be interesting if somebody from Axiom can chime in on this.

Google Map proximity
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/25/10 06:53 PM
Yeah, that's weird; it's located right around the corner from the plant.

I didn't know that the speakers were available in an electronics store.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/25/10 09:24 PM
I guess this would be a question for someone at Axiom. A few years ago there was a guy in Arizona that claimed to be an Axiom dealer and was selling things on Craigslist. After contacting Axiom, the thanked me and addressed the issue. This one might be legit, but Alan has said time and time again that they no longer work through any dealer networks.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/25/10 09:46 PM
http://www.averyaudio.ca/products.html
They specifically state that they carry Axiom. If I would have to guess, I would say that they have one set of each speakers. When a customer comes to audition speakers, he might not have ever heard of Axiom, so he listens to several speakers from several manufacturers, likes the Axiom the best and decides to by them. The rep then, instead of telling them, drive 20km down the road and you can get them from the factory, says that he will place an order, goes to the factory looking like he's buying for himself and resells them at a premium. Again, just a guess. Anyways, I just PMed JC so hopefully he'll chime in.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/30/10 04:41 PM
It looks like they are an installing outfit, so, it looks like you just can't buy axiom speakers from them, they'll install them for you.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/30/10 04:46 PM
It looks like they're mostly a service firm. http://www.averyaudio.ca/services.html (looks familiar?)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/30/10 05:44 PM
Axiom does have an installer program I believe.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/30/10 06:20 PM
The Axiom Detective Team has reached a verdict.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom unauthorised reseller ??? - 11/30/10 06:22 PM
BUUUUUUUUURN the witch!
© Axiom Message Boards